WoW Skill Tree

Started by Blizzard, January 20, 2014, 11:41:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 20, 2014, 11:41:53 am Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:46:13 am by Blizzard
Sooo... There's this really old script of mine that I still have which I never released. It's a bit messy since it was originally intended for MOG's menu and I never got around finishing it as a stand-alone. Plus, all instructions are in German. Anybody wanna finish this? It's a shame to leave it like this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20224394/wow_skilltree_clone.txt
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

Im going to take a look at it, but honestly, that's probably all i'll do LOL.

KK20

I'd either use MicKo's or write my own from scratch. Not only does the German language turn me off but I have no idea where else this script needs to go to be finished.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

G_G

I wonder if Branden would be alright with me releasing the skill tree I made for him. Of course with some slight alterations. Honestly, I'd look at it if I knew how to read German. ;p

Blizzard

The menus aren't aligned right, the changing/fading text needs to be removed/put somewhere else, there is a bug where the info window on top disappears when you select a completely unoccupied slot on the tree, etc. These are the things I can name off the top of my head.

What it's supposed to do? Basically you have a skill tree with dependencies. You can invest points in a first skill at any time (and skill can have more than one point). Certain skills require other skills to already have a certain level before any points in them can be invested. With each level a skill obviously becomes stronger.

That's basically it, it's really no rocket science.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

*bump*

Is anybody still interested in finishing this?