[XP][VXA] Drago - Tilemap Effect

Started by LiTTleDRAgo, February 11, 2014, 06:37:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LiTTleDRAgo

February 11, 2014, 06:37:45 am Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 07:37:13 am by LiTTleDRAgo
Drago - Tilemap Effect
Authors: LiTTleDRAgo
Version: 1.00
Type: Tilemap Enhancement
Key Term: Game Utility

Introduction

Screenshot tells everything

Features

• Grayscaling the tilemap

• Inverting the tilemap

• Change the tilemap hue

Screenshots

Script

Click

Instructions

In the blog

Compatibility

Not compatible with RMVX

Credits and Thanks

• LiTTleDRAgo

Author's Notes

Enjoy~

Wecoc

Can I suggest to add something like the $game_screen.start_tone_change(tone, frames) but with the tilemap hue?
I did a similar script some time ago (only the hue part) but I did not implement this either. I think this could be interesting, I mean hue changes allow you to do more accurate ambientations in parallel with the tone change, but I don't know if this generates lag.

LiTTleDRAgo

yes, it will generate lags, especially at the map with huge tileset image.

every time the script tried to create a cache, the game will froze for a while,
so animated effect change is practically out of question unless you use a tilemap rewrite.

if you looking for tilemap tone change, you can look at >>this<< instead.
it's using F0's tilemap rewrite in Custom Resolution.

bigace

Nice script but you'll have to rewrite the invert and Grayscaling into a dll file to get rid of the lag. At least that is what I did 2 months ago. All I know is RPG Maker was never designed for all these graphical stuff which is why it lags so much.

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.

LiTTleDRAgo

you can insert Whiteflute's Bitmap-EX above Drago - Core Engine to avoid lags for invert & grayscale

bigace

Oh, okay then you can do that too lol.  :P

Use Dropbox to upload your files. Much simpler than other upload sites, you can simply place a folder on your desktop that will sync with your DropBox account.