Hej everyone :)

Started by StorocnekXx, February 20, 2014, 05:29:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StorocnekXx

Hey boys 'nd girls. :)
I thought I'd introduce myself after I signed up here. I'm a 20 year old guy from germany, but I hope you'll still be able to understand my english.
I got the XP maker quite some years ago, but I, however, never set up anything which took my more efford than making a cup of coffee.
That said, I never got even close to finish a project at all and mostly I'm working alone, which is probably a reason for my slow progress.
Sad point is, my brain has so many ideas, so many things that want to be created, but I lack so much scripting skills, that most of those things will stay there forever and longer. I was able to create a side-screen-1-person-battle-system only done by events at least, but that's nothing much compared to the awesome scripts found around here. Yet, I lack time and motivation to learn scripting, so I somehow am in need of scripts from other persons. Sheesh. :c

My focus of my never-finished projects is probably the standart RPG-type. Something fantasy, smash some monsters, become awesome and so on. Probably getting boring from time to time, but yeah. They are all kind of the same in some point. ;p Still, most of the stuff I am doing is for myself. No one really tests my games beside myself. I just don't think they are worthy showing up, so I'd rather keep them for my friends and me.

The most important part of a game for me is individuality in terms of charakter development. I just don't like games where your main charakter is forced to be a swordsman, the girl is a mage, your final weapon is the ultimate sword and your main attribute is strength and so on. I just want to be free and change whatever I like. note: the "Bard" or "Dancer"-Class is always awesome, no matter what game you are playing. :D

If I had to rate myself in terms of doing projects with the RPGXP, I'd probably not get good grades, but I'll make it as good as for me possible and it would probably look something like this:

• Scripting 0/10 (Guess what.)

• Eventing 6/10 (Had no other choice, but I lack a lot of knowledge.)

• Story 2/10 (See above. Something fantasy-like stuff. There is potential, but I can't make use out of it)

• Mapping 3/10 (It's like "C'mon, finish that stupid map, I wanna move on to the next one", resulting in rubbish.)

• Graphic Design 1/10 (So, yeah. I recently got paint.net... Now THAT'S something, isn't it?)

• Music 4/10 (My friend does some music and tought me how to do that aswell. I think there are some... MP3 which aren't that horrible.)

• [[Ideas 8/10 (If I had the knowledge, time and possibilities to, I'd create super-awesome games! s: )]]

• Overall 2.6/10 (If you ever play my projects - Don't say I haven't warned you! :D)

The game I am currently working on is called... na, currently I'm not really working on a specific project, there are more or less some projects I keep oppening once a day, add a character/map or something and close it again. They all have the same main-charakter, called John McLaren, but in fact they are absolutly not related to each other.
One is about a dompteur in a circus, being transformed into animals himself, needing to recolour the world, with the 'powers' the animals provide. That's JML - Grey Circus.
Next one is about a normal day-life of a computer-junkee getting the chance to be in his own videogames, while stil needing to have his normal-day life. It does not have a name so far, but is completly oldschool somehow, since you have no charakter walking on a map, but you can change the map with the arrow keys only and every 'map' has it's own sorrounding and charakters there, like a point-and-click without the point-and-click (I accidently wrote 'point-and-lick', lol.) features.
Last but not least we have JML - Endurace, which is more a Side-Quest orrientated-Story, with the main part being 'Endurace' - the essenz of life itself. Lost HP in this game are hardly regained, so it's very important to dodge attacks, block and so on. It's setting is totally underground. This is the game I'm mostly spending my time on and can be seen in my (super-hyper-paint.net-photoshopped) avatar on the left. Yay.

So, I guess that's a lot of text for now. If there is anything you want to know, you'd like to ask, you'd like to offer or you'd like to talk about, please, feel free to contact me via PM or right below.

Oh, just something I'd like to drop here:
If someone is totally bored and wants to script something, I'm in need of a little bit. Some more statistics (not only atk, magic, pdef, mdef) would be nice and how they are gained should be something very specific a definatly need a new script for.

Well,...
Thank you a lot for reading this post!
I really got into the mood of writing all this, so I'd better let it flow, else I'd not have the time to.
Feel free to react however you want!

greetings,
StorocnekXx (which is pronounced 'Stroco'!  :huh:)
I may have a lot of ideas to use, but I have no idea how to use them.

WhiteRose

It's really great to meet you! When you get a chance, you should post a thread about your project. I'd love to read more about your ideas and where you're headed. Welcome to Chaos Project!

KK20

Good to see more RPG Maker developers. Welcome to our humble community. :)
I am your resident scripter, so if you need any help with something, be sure to send me a PM or post it in the Script Requests. The only thing I pretty much won't do is write a battle system from scratch, but I might be able to edit one.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

PhoenixFire

Welcome, welcome. Good to see a new developer around here :)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

StorocnekXx

Thank you, guys!
I somehow thought this would just be an RPG-Maker-Forum at first, but as I scrolled through it's somehow also... - let's call it like that - 'something' else. :D
But I'm glad I got here.
The script-Database is absolutly awesome. And instead of just taking this and that I'd at least sign up and join discussions and stuff like that.

QuoteWhen you get a chance, you should post a thread about your project.

Thank you for your interest!
It's not yet very far, I just started to do some stuff, but there is no real story set up so far, only some quests for the beginning.
I might add up a thread in some weeks, if there will be some progress.
I may have a lot of ideas to use, but I have no idea how to use them.