Floaty Hamster

Started by Blizzard, June 28, 2014, 04:48:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

June 28, 2014, 04:48:52 am Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:48:37 am by Blizzard

Get your swimsuits ready, this summer's smash hit is here! It consists of one hamster, one river and infinite deadly beaver-constructed objects that are trying to end your score streak. Pretty simple. So hop on the Floaty train and get rid of that flappy bird fellow.

Key features:

• innovative flicking control

• beautiful hand drawn graphics

• awesome double physics (water and gravity)

• challenging gameplay

• simple to learn, hard to master

• online highscores

• unlockable characters (with score points, not IAP)

• unlockable story (with score points, not IAP)

Floaty Hamster is a simple game with a simple protagonist who just wants to live! Swim with Floaty, help him jump over obstacles and dive under them, conquer the jungle!

We made sure you don't just spin your wheels like some hamster (haha, get it) for no reason. Those with the highest skill, determination and score will get to marvel at our beautiful secret extra characters. You can also uncover the mystery behind the beaver civilization that's trying to shorten your water floating fun times.

But wait, there's more! If you're feeling proud of your score, make sure you click ,,Submit Online" and see where you stand on the highscore leaderboard. After you see you're in the bottom 10% of the world, but still two points better than your friend, make sure you screenshot it, print it and put it in your friends mailbox, windscreen and/or locker!

Similiar games, but my mom told me mine is better: Flappy Bird, Clumsy Bird, Floppy Bird, Benji Bananas, Jungle Monkey

Visit our website: http://day-games.com
Like/Hate us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DayGames
Like/Hate the game on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/floatyhamster

Download for:
Android
iOS

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Blizzard

July 04, 2014, 12:39:18 pm #1 Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:43:04 pm by Blizzard
The trailer is up.

EDIT: That is, one of the trailers. We intend to make more than one.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

I can't find i on the apple appstore :<

Blizzard

Apple still hasn't reviewed and approved it yet. We hope that it will be live until the middle of next week. I'll be sure to post once it's out.

legacyblade

Kk. I don't  own a large number of IOS games. And this one actually looks fun (as opposed to a good deal of the app store), so I'll get me a copy once it's up :3

WhiteRose

Quote from: Blizzard on July 04, 2014, 02:23:52 pm
Apple still hasn't reviewed and approved it yet. We hope that it will be live until the middle of next week. I'll be sure to post once it's out.

My little sister would love this on her iPad mini once it's on the app store, so I'll be keeping an eye out for your post. :)

PhoenixFire

I can't seem to find it on the windows app store =P

/sarcasm

I know you all hate developing for it, but it's games like this that we need more of for the windows phones.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Spaceman McConaughey

Honestly, the future isn't too bright for Windows phones.

You really should consider switching to another type of device.

Blizzard

We used to have a license for Win8, but since they rejected KOB, we said "fuck you" and never paid to extend the license again. Worse even, back then the Windows Phone 8 license was separate and you had to pay for both. I think they merged it recently, but still. We'd lose even more money so it's no way worth it.

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Colonel Blinx on July 05, 2014, 07:27:41 am
You really should consider switching to another type of device.

NEVER! I refuse! Well, actually, no, I have been looking at other phones, and ways to push mine into being an Android (which I think you commented on that topics a while back actually), and app availability is just one of several reasons.

Quote from: Blizzard on July 05, 2014, 09:10:24 am
We used to have a license for Win8, but since they rejected KOB, we said "fuck you" and never paid to extend the license again.

They rejected KoB? On what grounds? Idiots. See, they want people to develop for them, yet they do crap like that and turn people off for developing for them.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Glorification of excessive alcohol use.
Yes, Microsoft, that is very smart of you. That is why you are the lead mobile platform.

G_G

Loving the hell out of this game for sure. I haven't gotten past 27 points yet, but I'm getting better and better. Fucking the the Ham-ster.

Blizzard

Yeah, gotta love the Ham-ster. <3

Zexion

Microsoft is literally for kids? Lol!

Blizzard

Spaceman McConaughey

Fuck yes! Love you guys! <3

legacyblade

I played the game. I got like...a thirteen. I should be proud lol.

One thing, the rate the game button didn't seem to take me to the app store. I went in and wrote a review (which didn't show up right away, so I assume it's being reviewed by apple or something), but I had to open up the app store myself and go to the floaty hamster page to do it.

It was fun :3 It has the annoying moments inherent with touch based controls, but I can see myself playing this for a bit in the airport or something.

Blizzard

Yeah, we've been having problems with the rate-me link, because Apple keeps changing their URL policy. :/

I'm glad you like it. :)

G_G

Spoiler: ShowHide

Mwuhahaha.  I'm finally getting good.

Blizzard

Nice! I barely got to 20 to unlock the ???????.