Scripts for Independant Battler Sprites?

Started by Heretic86, March 06, 2014, 10:08:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Just screwing around with something, trying to create a Rotating Hue for enemies based on Spell Effects.  That part works fine, but what seems to be screwing up is the Cache, I think.  What happens is that I have two Ghosts.  I apply an effect to one of the Ghost Battler Sprites to rotate the hue, but it also affects the other Ghost even though the effect is not applied to it.  Thus, caching issue?

Im just curious if there are any existing frameworks to make each Battler Sprite independant of other duplicate sprites...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Battler sprites are obtained via RPG::Cache.battler, which is a Bitmap object. So...can't you just make a clone of the bitmap object?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Probably could.  Just wondering if there were existing scripts, or at least parts of existing scripts that already accomplished this.  I'll try what you suggested tomorrow when I can focus better.
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Heretic86

April 03, 2014, 10:28:28 pm #3 Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:28:23 pm by Heretic86
So I came up with a little something...

Im not really aiming for fully animated battlers, just something to make them less "static".  So far what this does is basically gives a "walk animation" to enemies, and the ability to rotate any Battlers hue.  Might be useful for certain types of spell effects, or just to break up the monotony.

Simple Demo
http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/Animation%20Study.exe
(fixed link, space to %20)

Right now, it just animates with this image:
Spoiler: ShowHide

What else do you think I should add to this?  I do NOT want another side view animated system, just something simple to animate Front View Battlers.  Give an option for an Attack Animation?  Spell Animation?  Just lookin for a bit of feedback...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

G_G

Well Blizzard already has an animated battler add-on in Tons of Add-ons, but if you could add different animated states, e.g. attack, hit, spell, etc... then it'd definitely be a cool script.