Graphics help

Started by whitespirits, March 10, 2014, 10:51:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whitespirits

Hi guys, im not to good with graphics editing and want to thank Zexion for his help so far! im now looking for some tileset help to fit them into rmxp

R.A.V.S.O

hmm well when I tried (codeword here is "tried") to make/add a tileset in-game, the first thing I did was try to fit it into a grid template, (a checkerboard of sorts)
basically I made sure each element on the tileset would fit into one square on the grid and resized/reduced manually any errors while fitting them
(I did this with paint, so sue me XD I still use it since I haven't learned to use other painting programs XD)

here's a tileset grid sample you can use to resize your current tileset into RPGXP, as a tip make sure it's saved as .png to avoid blurs and make sure
to have all the unnecessary background you want to remove as a single color.

tileset grid:
Spoiler: ShowHide

make sure to save as .png

wish I could help you with the tileset editing itself but I've simply got my hands full atm, sorry.
Personality Test results

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Zexion

Yes, I am quite busy aswell, but if I have time I will do this for you. The best I can recommend is to get GIMP which is free and learn to use it. It's not so complicated and once you get used to making tilesets in there, it becomes quite easy. I took a look at the picture just for the heck of it, and I found that the picture is scaled down and so it is uselss. You need to make sure to tick the [] do not resize box wherever you upload your pictures. If you post a fixed version I can try and make it for you when I have time.

As for making your own tileset, remember that each tile is 32x32. The width must be 256 (which is 7 tiles wide). The height can be any multiple of 32. I usually do what ravso mentioned, by rendering a checkerboard pattern on the bottom layer in GIMP with size 32 squares. Then I do everything on a higher layer with transperency. Hope this helps :P

KK20

Quote from: Zexion on March 10, 2014, 11:36:19 pm
I took a look at the picture just for the heck of it, and I found that the picture is scaled down and so it is uselss.

It is?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

O.o how did you get it like this haha. I clicked on the image and then from the site I opened the image in another tab and it was still too small even with zoom. Well, whatever you did, thanks now I can get it all chopped up haha

KK20

Ya kinda had to zoom in on it twice.
idunnolulz

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

whitespirits

Hi guys another bit of help, im just working on running sprites and i think i have the animation all wrong as it looks weird! could some 1 but the animations in correct order so i can have something to follow for other characters?

orochii

The problem is that right now your animation needs more than 4 frames. It needs at least 2 more frames, I think.

Zexion

Yes he is correct. Unfortunately, I never got around to making my script compatible with blizz abs which would allow the extra frames. There is really nothing you can do to fix the movement without some kind of script.

whitespirits

Thanks Zexion really great help on graphics :)

Zexion