When asking for help...

Started by Blizzard, July 25, 2008, 03:58:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

July 25, 2008, 03:58:01 pm Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:25:16 pm by Aqua
First of all, if you have a problem with a script that has a topic in the script database, post in that topic instead of creating a new one.

If you have a problem with scripts and decide to post, please be specific what the problem is. It's impossible to help a person saying: "I get an error with this script, why?" Answer these questions when you make a new topic or chance are, you will be asked a variant of those questions.

• 1. What RPG Maker you are using?
  • 2. What exactly is the problem you are encountering? Which scripts are you using?
  • 3. In which environment does the problem occur?

• 1: RMXP and RMVX scripts are different, keep that in mind.
  • 2: Post the EXACT error message and the error giving line (or even the entire method). Sometimes a problem can be solved just by looking at which line caused it. Also post which scripts you are using. It is important as some scripts may interfere with each other.
  • 3: Check your script order. It often happens that their scripts don't work because they are not in the right order. Yes, the order DOES matter! See this topic for more information.
  • A general rule: The more specific you are, the better the chance of a proper answer.

Also if your problem was solved, please change the title of your topic and add before [RESOLVED], like e.g.:

Quote from: Old topic titleHow to make an item call a common event?

Quote from: New topic title[RESOLVED] How to make an item call a common event?

Do not post multiple topics for the same problem (especially in different boards)
This will just make the Mods mad at you. >8I
~<3 Aqua
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Aqua

Hope you don't mind that I added a little more to this.
Just a thing at the very top and a thing on the very bottom.

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.