Author Topic: [XP] Phoenix Engine ~ Game_Battler_3 Re-write  (Read 2766 times)

Offline PhoenixFire

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 6
  • ~That's an interesting notion, in it's own way~
    • View Profile
[XP] Phoenix Engine ~ Game_Battler_3 Re-write
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:10:59 AM »
Phoenix Engine ~ Alternate Attack Calculations
Authors: PhoenixFire/DigitalSoul and Xelias
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Battle System / Default Script Edit
Key Term: Custom Battle System

Introduction

So part 1 of many.. I went ahead and re-wrote Game_Battler_3 with an included re-write of the Alternate Attack Algorithms originally made by Xelias. Note: You ABSOLUTELY MUST configure the script if you use it. The configuration bit is located at the top of the re-written script, along with an explanation of what each alternate algorithm does. This SHOULD be compatible with EVERYTHING, since it doesn't overwrite anything, but rather completely replaces the atk values that would be overwritten by other scripts..

Features

• Re-write of the Game_Battler_3 standard script, changing the attack calculations.
  • Provides several alternate attack algorithms, which can be assigned to several weapons.
  • Fully configurable script re-write (you can always use the regular attack methods as well)

Screenshots

N/A ~ Not sure how you would screenshot something like that anyways..

Demo

N/A ~ Demo not needed.

Script

(click to show/hide)

Instructions

To install, simply copy and paste over the default Game_Battler_3 script. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY WANT TO SWITCH BACK~ Always make a backup of scripts before major changes, but, even if you don't, you can "create a new project" and simply copy the default script from the new project, and paste it over the modified one. You absolutely MUST configure the script for it to work properly. Config instructions are within the script, above the configuration variables, at the top of the script.

Compatibility

Does not work with rpgmaker XP version 1.05 ~ Causes the following error:

NoMethodError
Undefined method "*" for nil:NilClass

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix this at the moment, but if I find a solution, I will certainly fix it.

Credits and Thanks

• PhoenixFire/DigitalSoul ~ The re-write and editing.
  • Xelias ~ The original Alternate Algorithms script. Parts of it were used in this re-write.

Author's Notes

Enjoy the script! Really, I'm trying to better my scripting abilities, and this is just a simple start. I know that it's not much of an edit, but in time, I plan to re-write most, if not all, of the default scripts to have added functionality.

Restrictions: None - You may use this in your game, whether commercial or non-commercial, as long as proper credit is given.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:51:53 PM by PhoenixFire »
Next off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 642
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
Re: [XP] Phoenix Engine ~ Game_Battler_3 Re-write
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
This SHOULD be compatible with EVERYTHING, since it doesn't overwrite anything,

Actually no. The script literally does overwrite all the methods (attack_effect, skill_effect, etc.). It won't work with most customizations to battle algorithm and custom skill effects properly unless it is put above them. I didn't take a look at your implementation, but even then it might not work well.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:37:17 AM by Blizzard »
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline PhoenixFire

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 6
  • ~That's an interesting notion, in it's own way~
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] Phoenix Engine ~ Game_Battler_3 Re-write
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 04:56:00 AM »
Alright, updated the compatibility section to warn people of that. I guess I didn't think of that, since this is near the top of the script list, being an overwrite of a core script anyways....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:40:50 PM by PhoenixFire »
Next off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?