I'm rusty: Dealing with ATK and DEF directly.

Started by Magus, April 29, 2014, 11:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

Hey everyone, I've got a quick help need.

Can anyone suggest script calls that would let me increase  ATK and PDEF of a weapon?    (I'm using blizz-abs).

Example:  Main character is using a weapon with "FIXED" check.  He conducts training.   I want to increase ATK not STR. I am annoyed that rpg maker xp doesn't just stick with the basic stats of ATK, DEF, MAG, MDEF, SPEED. 

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

G_G

Weapons already have an ATK property as well as a PDEF. Which is Physical Defense.

$data_weapons[ID].atk = 10
$data_weapons[ID].pdef = 10

Magus

LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

Blizzard

Keep in mind that this change doesn't get saved.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Magus

Ouch. So this is only a temporary boost?  Well, good for transformations, but I guess I'll just have to find someway to increase only the core stats:

Attack and defense for the fixed weapon. 

G_G

Save the weapon to Game_System, just modify the Scene_Save/Load script.

Blizzard

That's not really a good way either, because it will mess up saved games if the database weapons are changed.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I meant save the attack and defense properties and when he loads them, re-add them to whatever weapon he chooses.