Bar

Started by Magus, May 05, 2014, 10:00:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Magus

Do you think eventing this would work properly.

Remember that red and blue bar on the game Catherine (for ps3/xbox360) that would appear after you made a choice. I want to recreate that using variables.

If you take someone's soul wrongfully, then:  - 1 good.  + 1 Evil.

I would have to the bar appear briefly.    Any suggestions to how I could pull this off? I'm not a scripter, so xD.
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

orochii

Show Image. But there is something I think could help you. It's scripting, but it's an easy line of code...
$game_screen.pictures[number].show(name, origin, x, y, zoom_x, zoom_y, opacity, blend_type)

Only problem with this line of code is space. So you need to break it apart, like this:

p = $game_screen.pictures[number]

name=image_name
x = x
y = y
zx = zoom_x
zy = zoom_y
o = origin
op = opacity
bl = blend_type

p.show(name,o,x,y,zx,zy,op,bl)

name: The name of your image file at Pictures folder. Example: "green_bar"
x: the x position for your image. Any numerical value.
y: the y position for your image. Any numerical value.
zx: The x scale for your image. A percentage. Give it 100.0 to make it the normal scale.
zx: The y scale for your image. A percentage. Give it 100.0 to make it the normal scale.
o: either 0 or 1. 0 means the image is positioned with the top-left corner as reference. 1 means the reference is its center.
op: opacity. Goes from 0 to 255.
bl: blend type. 0 displays the image normally. 1 uses the blend mode multiply (as in Photoshop). 2 makes it use an inverted palette.

==
Now, what oportunities gives you this that the regular Show image command doesn't? That you can use variables for anything.
p = $game_screen.pictures[number]

name="green_bar"
x = $game_variables[1]
y = $game_variables[2]
zx = $game_variables[3]
zy = $game_variables[4]
o = 0
op = 160
bl = 1

p.show(name,o,x,y,zx,zy,op,bl)

Hope this helps.

Magus

May 05, 2014, 06:11:55 pm #2 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:06:07 pm by KK20
Thanks dude. I'll give this a try and tell you the results.

EDIT:
It's going to take a while to work this right. But I'll let you know how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztM-H8wM9Dc   Notice when you answer the question, the arrow move towards the red or blue side. I want variables to keep track of that.  Eventually, the more red you get --high variables --the main character will start to have black aura around him  vice versa for blue which will have white aura. I can implement that myself. I just want it to show briefly like that.

Variables are Good and Evil. (or 9/10 named Good/Evil.)

You've been here long enough to know what double-posting is. -KK20
LEVEL ME DOWN. THE ANTI-BLIZZ GROUP IS AMONG YOU... Do it for the chick below...She watches..<br />

KK20

orochii already hit the nail on the head. It's just a Common Event that uses a lot of picture commands. If you're using that circular arc graphic, you will need to adjust the picture's rotation angle
$game_screen.pictures[number].angle = X

If a straight horizontal/vertical bar, Show/Move Picture already allows you to draw and move by game variables, which can be pre-calculated in the common event with a formula like
$game_variables[2] = 320 + $game_variables[1] * 3

where variable 1 holds your current good/evil score ranged between -100 and 100
and variable 2 holds the drawing X coordinate

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!