Piercing and Ignoring Defense?

Started by Soulstuckgunner, May 11, 2014, 06:21:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulstuckgunner

Hey there everyone, I'm just looking for assistance with RPG Maker XP and wondering how I would go about making a skill that pierces/ ignores defense and deals its intended amount of damage, regardless of the enemy's defense stat or if they're defending.  There's also a second skill that deals double damage when a target is defending.  Is there a way to do that as well?  People say it's doable without scripts and whatnot, but I'm not sure how.  Thank you for reading!

KK20

For ignoring defense, just set the PDEF and MDEF to 0 in the skill.
For double damage during defending, I don't know how that can be done without scripting. Anyways, you can just make an edit to Game_Battler 3 in skill_effect at around line 147:

# Guard correction
        if self.guarding? && ![5,8,40].include?(skill.id)   # Does not consider the battler to be defending if attacked with skills 5, 8, or 40
          if [20,21,30,100].include?(skill.id)  # If attacked with skills 20, 21, 30, or 100, damage is multiplied by 2
            self.damage *= 2
          else  # Otherwise, damage is halved like normal
            self.damage /= 2
          end
        end

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

R.A.V.S.O

You can also deal fixed damage via common event assigned to a skill you create, (the common event is always triggered after the skill, so you can use an animation for the
skill but leave it empty then deal any value of damage you want via common event)

the downside is you only get fixed damage this way, but it's guaranteed damage that pierces any type of defense or invulnerability flags.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Soulstuckgunner