Small linux issue...

Started by PhoenixFire, May 16, 2014, 06:25:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

So, here I am, with a real, legal copy of XP (it was on sale so I figured why not), and I've been able to install and run the program fine. Heck, I've even been able to edit my current game, including all events, maps, music, etc with no problem at all. However, when I go to activate it, or use the offline unlock feature, it seems to just hang. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried the normal activate function, it it looks like it half works. It spins a little while, and then goes to a blank page with a button that says 'click here if not otherwise forwarded'. I guess we'll see what happens if I let it sit for a while (pressed button, no visual response from it, other than the button press action lolz)

MOAR EDIT: Yeah, so it just sits there and does nothing. Open to ideas again...
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

and you in wine on linux? I'm sorry to say but legal or not your going to have to crack it.  is this XP V1.02 or V1.03? if the former I have a psikey.dll you can use. latter you can use the simple registry hack (wine comes with regedit).
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

1.05a

I tried the registry hack :V: no luck...

And yes, I've tried within WINE, and CrossOver as well. I've even gone as far as trying to get help from the actual Enterbrain people.. That didn't go too far haha.. If anything, I might be the one who knows more about their product on Linux than they do.

Basically, I'm running Linux Mint Petra, with the Cinnamon interface. Using WINE 1.4.1, and CrossOver 13.1.3

The worst part is that many other things seem to work fine with them both, just not the activation portion of RMXP -sad face-
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Ryex

May 20, 2014, 05:16:28 pm #3 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:17:49 pm by Ryex
well shoot.

wait. wine 1.4.1? why are you using the ancient version? screw that noise that STABLE build is 1.6.2, it's more than a year old. get the wine beta 1.7.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

Okay, I'll let you know what happens... Downloading the beta version right now. As to why? Well, it's what came with the Mint install, I haven't run across other programs yet tat didn't work, and, I don't really use WINE to run it.. I use CrossOver (I bit the bullet and bought a license for it... Rather good software, def worth the money).

Ryex

wow really? cause crossover is simply Wine with a collection of scripts to employ workarounds for the things that have a few bugs... just use "Play on Linux" if your gonna use corssover.

PhoenixFire

Yeah, I tried the PlayOnLinux software, but couldn't get it to run some of the things that I wanted :/