3D Printing is cool

Started by moisesnake, May 23, 2014, 01:31:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moisesnake

May 23, 2014, 01:31:47 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:10:30 pm by moisesnake
well, in my intro to engineering and design class (IED) we had the option to  print something we designed on autodesk Inventor
Today I started Printing a companion cube  :cclove: from portal, took a while to designed but it turned out well on the computor..now just waiting to get the real life version.

so if anyone here has 3D printed anything what was it?,and if atall possible pictures.
Stiring the bowlಠ_ಠ

Zexion

From what I've read on 3D printing, you just make a 3d model and print it?
I've never done it, but it's actually been catching my attention more and more lately. If I was going to print something, it would probably be something lame like a mini sword or a sculpt of a 3d character's model so that I can paint them.

Or dinner forks because the ones at my house seem to vanish  :wong:
:O OR I can 3d print myself!

moisesnake

May 23, 2014, 01:39:08 pm #2 Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 01:40:20 pm by moisesnake
...how did you just guess exactly the other 2 things i would prints :O.o:
i made an infinity blade form the ios app
and tried and failed to make a character game peice
Stiring the bowlಠ_ಠ

Zexion

Are you limited to the fact that you have to make the model on your own? Because if not, most games models are available via google lol

moisesnake

I wasn't really but it was fun to make, ...and IT finally came out and there's a huge amount of webbing ... how do I get this off

how do I put pictures on here...ill figure it out
Stiring the bowlಠ_ಠ

WhiteRose

Quote from: moisesnake on May 23, 2014, 02:16:02 pm
I wasn't really but it was fun to make, ...and IT finally came out and there's a huge amount of webbing ... how do I get this off

how do I put pictures on here...ill figure it out

Just upload it to somewhere like Imgur and put the URL in img tags. I'm looking forward to seeing it! :)

Spaceman McConaughey

If I had a 3D printer, my action figure collection would grow exponentially.
Well, probably not action figures, but normal figures.

Though, if I did have enough know-how to alter models to have opposable action figure joints, I'd fucking do it.

Crasger

3D printing is one of those futuristic things I never expected we'd accomplish in my lifetime.

Really glad. Now... where are the flying cars and time machines?

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Crasger on May 24, 2014, 02:08:19 am
Now... where are the flying cars and time machines?

Cars - Give it a few years, they're working on it lolz

Time Machines - Simply can not work =p
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

G_G

Where the hell have you guys been? We already have machines that tell us time.

Blizzard

Yeah, I'm wearing one on my wrist right now.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Wait what? wrist born time devices are so last decade, there only really used for status symbols in the upper etchalons if you have a really nice expensive one. just your your pocket super computer like everyone else.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

MetalZelda

I was trying to print my you-know-what, the printer said "Too large" :(

Zexion

Why would you want to print your ego? tis joke pls dnt h8

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MetalZelda

Quote from: Zexion on August 26, 2014, 03:10:09 am
Why would you want to print your ego? tis joke pls dnt h8

Cuz I feel awesome, but it printed Blizzard instead ... Don't know why .. :wacko: