I wish Smosh would go away.

Started by Spaceman McConaughey, May 31, 2014, 06:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

May 31, 2014, 06:18:20 pm Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 08:27:19 pm by Colonel Blinx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S-A3CuNja1g

Quote from: From Smosh's video...mindless, shallow piece of entertainment, that makes you dumber just for being exposed to it. It's... basically the Kardashian of videogames.

Funny, this joke from their own video describes them perfectly.
I wish they knew how hard they suck.

But yeah, I'm not defending Candy Crush or anything, it's just that this particular line caught me off guard with how cluelessly hypocritical it was.

Seriously, I just want them gone.
Anthony and Ian are annoying manchildren with horrible senses of humor, and the most punchable faces in the world.
The rest of the cast on Smosh Games were taken away from a channel I loved (ClevverGames) through some kind of buyout, or whatever, and now THEY'RE just as fucking annoying.

They're cancer.

Soulshaker3

Sincerely i don't care about them or their sucess, them being famous or not doesn't help or contribute with anything to me. And saying someone is cancer isn't probably a right behavior aswell, if you don't like them just say that to yourself no need to start hating on them because probably what you like is what other people's hate, just think about it
Hellow?

Spaceman McConaughey

May 31, 2014, 07:11:52 pm #2 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:14:37 pm by Colonel Blinx
Quote from: soulshaker3 on May 31, 2014, 06:56:39 pm
And saying someone is cancer isn't probably a right behavior aswell, if you don't like them just say that to yourself no need to start hating on them because probably what you like is what other people's hate, just think about it

Sorry, they are Internet cancer.

And I will talk shit about them if I want. Just like I do feminazis. Just like I do with anything else that annoys me.
Also, no duh? Everyone likes and dislikes many things, and it's a no-brainer people will dislike what I like.

Just because some people are into the mindless tripe that is Smosh, that doesn't mean I have no right to say how much they annoy me.
Why should I not be allowed to talk about such things? Keeping it all inside is unhealthy. If something annoys you, let it loose.

Of course, if a moderator finds this thread to be too much, THEN I'll listen.

Crasger

Man, Smosh is kinda annoying nowadays. The fact they act like manchildren is possibly a gag, a stage persona. That hypocritical quote is a joke in its own right, a reference to how mindless their shows have become. They're just not playing the whole "satire card" correctly. That's why they come off as annoying and immature instead of just pretending to be annoying and immature. Their old videos seem to say otherwise to the fact: "they have always been immature pieces of shit."

Blizzard

Smosh used to be irritating, but that mere fact made them funny. Now they are just irritating. It's like a bad joke that's funny initially, but stops being funny after hearing it for the tenth time.

EDIT: Though I agree with soulshaker that we can be a little bit more respectful about this.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: Blizzard on May 31, 2014, 08:45:17 pm
Smosh used to be irritating, but that mere fact made them funny. Now they are just irritating. It's like a bad joke that's funny initially, but stops being funny after hearing it for the tenth time.

EDIT: Though I agree with soulshaker that we can be a little bit more respectful about this.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Honestly, the only great thing they've ever done (I think, at least) is their Zelda rap.

And yeah, sure, I'll tone it down then.

Blizzard

Some pokemon stuff was pretty good, too, IMO. e.g. Them singing the theme song is better than that new acapella version I saw the other day.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Crasger

Lots of annoying YouTubers out there, though. Like Pewdiepie.

R.A.V.S.O

eh, as far as I know they try to entertain the public (keyword here is "try") not our fault if the fail miserably on the long run,

tbh I viewed them more as a passing fad that tried too hard to stay alive.
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Crasger

Quote from: R.A.V.S.O on June 01, 2014, 01:41:43 am
tbh I viewed them more as a passing fad that tried too hard to stay alive.

Makes sense.