[XP]Sin Unsullied (Full game released!)

Started by legacyblade, June 08, 2014, 10:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

Lol I originally commented on the wrong project thread, but fixed.

Right off the bat I noticed something. It's nothing major, but whether you used my evented titlescreen tutorial or not, there is something I forgot to mention about the player controls. Basically just add a parallel process event that changes the player's move route to: "Wait 1 frame." Tick the repeat this action and leave the other unchecked. This will prevent the map from scrolling with the player's choices.

The main reason I didn't mention this is because I usually make the map the same size as the screen, so I never had this problem xD

PhoenixFire

Found a typo; so nothing major.. When you're talking to the blue fox after sparring Kai, it says "ust" instead of "just".. I'll just edit this post if I find anything else :) I really like it so far though; very well done!
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

legacyblade

June 14, 2014, 01:05:11 pm #22 Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:30:55 pm by legacyblade
Quote from: Zexion on June 14, 2014, 10:25:47 am
Lol I originally commented on the wrong project thread, but fixed.

Right off the bat I noticed something. It's nothing major, but whether you used my evented titlescreen tutorial or not, there is something I forgot to mention about the player controls. Basically just add a parallel process event that changes the player's move route to: "Wait 1 frame." Tick the repeat this action and leave the other unchecked. This will prevent the map from scrolling with the player's choices.

The main reason I didn't mention this is because I usually make the map the same size as the screen, so I never had this problem xD

Naw, I'm using a mixture of a script I wrote (just a few script calls in the event really) and an event. But I didn't notice the player could move. Crap o.o I'll go fix that.

Quote from: PhoenixFire on June 14, 2014, 11:00:22 am
Found a typo; so nothing major.. When you're talking to the blue fox after sparring Kai, it says "ust" instead of "just".. I'll just edit this post if I find anything else :) I really like it so far though; very well done!

Gah! I thought I was typo free, lol. I ran every dialog box through MS Office. Guess I missed that one. Thanks for letting me know ^,^ And glad you like it!

-edit

Update! I just edited the game so that if you hold Z or Shift, a green arrow will hover above your head and point where you're supposed to go. Some of my friends kept getting lost, so I added in the feature at their request.

legacyblade

OMG OMG!!!

I FINISHED!!

There is still a lot of polishing I need to do tomorrow (spell checking) and then after the contest, but you can play the game from start to finish!!!!

Here's a link.  PLEASE try it out and tell me what you think. I want to kill as many bugs as possible before I submit it

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/SinUnsullied_B001.zip

Neoend

Good Job! =D
I'm still working through. I have all the pieces, I just need to assemble them now.
Hey! if you like webcomics and other fun distractions check out my site:
www.laforix.com

legacyblade

That was me this morning XD Just tie your legs to your chair and don't let yourself pee until you finish putting it all together. Does wonders :P

G_G

June 30, 2014, 01:35:41 pm #26 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 01:41:59 pm by gameus
Why aren't I in the credits? D:

Also, downloading now. Can't wait to play.

EDIT: Definitely need to fix this.

Spoiler: ShowHide

If you can, it looks fine when he goes downstairs.

legacyblade

You are in the credits o.o

Well, at least at the end of the game.

Crap. Forgot to update the credits on the forum topic!

As for that bug, I'm working on fixing it right now.

Also, copy "045-Skill02" into your icons folder. I fixed that on my end, but I'm running through to fix a few other bugs before I upload a fixed version.

G_G

I'm really enjoying it so far. About 30 minutes into the game. I'll keep posting bugs if I catch anymore.

legacyblade

Ok sweet :D And btw, I just fixed the stairs bug, as well as a bug where if you saved in the hub, then loaded, your party would be following you (even when you were next to the event of them you could interact with). So if you find that one, I've got it covered XD

legacyblade

I submitted the game :D

http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/game/view/id/446

Now I'm going to update all my topics with updated information and screenshots :P

Here's the updated version of the game, by the way.

THIS one should be completely free of bugs.

http://legacyblade.com/downloads/SinUnsullied/SinUnsullied_B002.zip

If you find anything wrong with it, PLEASE tell me. I've got a few hours before the deadline, so I can still implement bug fixes!

Blizzard

June 30, 2014, 04:32:30 pm #31 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:34:46 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: legacyblade on June 30, 2014, 04:18:37 pm
THIS one should be completely free of bugs.

Said every programmer ever. xD

I haven't got a chance to play it yet (not sure if I will anytime soon ._.), but the new screenshots look pretty good. How much playtime would you say it has?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

QuoteI haven't got a chance to play it yet (not sure if I will anytime soon ._.), but the new screenshots look pretty good. How much playtime would you say it has?

About an hour. A little more, a little less, depending on how much you like to explore and how fast you read :3

QuoteSaid every programmer ever. xD

And I know -.- And it's never in your own playthroughs that really obvious bugs pop up. "It's always, hey everyone! Check out this awesome thing!" They boot it up and a bunch of debug code spits out at them, followed by a crash :P All because you forgot to set one boolean back to false or something.

-edit
also, HOLY FREAK HOLY FREAK! Blizzard is commenting on my project!!!

Blizzard

June 30, 2014, 04:52:23 pm #33 Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:53:59 pm by Blizzard
LMAO, it's not a big deal.

Yeah, I totally know. It literally happened to me today at work. We're starting the beta testing of Kingdom Tales 2 tomorrow. We won't have enough machines for all the testers so we figured we'll just compile an iOS version so one or two of them can test on an iPad. Of course, because iPad's interface it a touch interface, I had to activate and check some code that we already used in Kingdom Tales. Everything worked fine. It was no surprise since the engine hasn't gone many important changes and I basically took the code from the first game and started modifying it for the second game so most touch-specific code was just commented out and I reactivated it.

When Kreso finally had the build ready today, I found a bug in the first 10 seconds. -_- When tapping on the task displays, they wouldn't show a popup with the description. It turns out that the bug is also present in KT1 so it's not a new thing. In the mobile GUI of KT1 we used a button plus a popup window with all tasks so no one seems to have noticed the bug in the tablet/desktop GUI, lol! Oh, and it worked fine when using a mouse since a different subsystem is used (hovering with the cursor over the GUI element instead of tapping it) which is why we never noticed that it doesn't work when tapping on it.

I guess I can spare an hour. xD I might check it out tomorrow.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Yeah, I totally know. It literally happened to me today at work. We're starting the beta testing of Kingdom Tales 2 tomorrow. We won't have enough machines for all the testers so we figured we'll just compile an iOS version so one or two of them can test on an iPad. Of course, because iPad's interface it a touch interface, I had to activate and check some code that we already used in Kingdom Tales. Everything worked fine. It was no surprise since the engine hasn't gone many important changes and I basically took the code from the first game and started modifying it for the second game so most touch-specific code was just commented out and I reactivated it.

When Kreso finally had the build ready today, I found a bug in the first 10 seconds. -_- When tapping on the task displays, they wouldn't show a popup with the description. It turns out that the bug is also present in KT1 so it's not a new thing. In the mobile GUI of KT1 we used a button plus a popup window with all tasks so no one seems to have noticed the bug in the tablet/desktop GUI, lol! Oh, and it worked fine when using a mouse since a different subsystem is used (hovering with the cursor over the GUI element instead of tapping it) which is why we never noticed that it doesn't work when tapping on it.

Wow :P Good on yer testers for noticing that so promptly :V This is the kind of stuff that makes me dread once I get enough of my engine done to test it out in a linux and mac port. Glad I'm not worrying about IOS at all XD

QuoteI guess I can spare an hour. xD I might check it out tomorrow.

Huzzah! Hope you liked what I did with blizzABS XD Wish I'd had more time to poke at the engine to get it to be a bit better of a demonstration :P

Dark_Kyu09

Whoa, this looks really neat. The sprite works are just amazing.

I'll definitely try this out this weekend once I get enough free time.
Never give up your dreams, keep moving on until you make it happen.

Zexion

You did an awesome job and congrats on finishing! I actually think your projects is definately one of the better ones!

legacyblade

@Dark_Kyu09, sweet thank you ^.^ I'm quite proud of my pixeling skills. Particularly the stained glass windows you see for like five seconds XD Hope you enjoy it when you try it out. Make sure to tell me what you think!

@Zexion, Thanks :D Your project sounded pretty awesome from what you were PMing me about. So being classified as "one of the better ones" by you feels pretty good XD Particularly after seeing bits and pieces of your KH game o.o Were you able to finish your game for the contest on time? Or did you get burnt out?

Zexion

Not so much burnt out as out of time. We didn't get to balance and test things (and more importantly, map) lol.

I'm workin on it still because I kinda want to make a demo for cp.

legacyblade

@Zexion, yeah, I saw your other post :/ man that sucks. Can't wait to try it once you get a demo though. You should aim for sometime this week, just so you can still have the satisfaction of finishing it in a month :3