Back from the dead

Started by legacyblade, June 08, 2014, 10:25:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Hey everyone. o.o wow. It's been a long time since I used a forum.

I know ya all haven't seen or heard from me in years, but I'm back now. And I'm planning on staying awhile, because it kinda sucks to not have anyone to talk to about what you're doing :P

Since I last saw everyone, I learned to code in C++ and started to build my own game engine (it's gonna be for fourswords style games). I recently came across my old class changing script. And MAAAAAN did I not know how to code back then. XD

I only came back online because of a RPG Maker contest I heard about. But it feels REALLY good to be online again, so I'm planning on staying for a long while again.

What's everyone been up to? o.o

winkio

Welcome back LB :D

Everyone's doing a bunch of different things, but I guess for me, Vault is the main thing I'm doing right now.

It's definitely awesome to see an old member return, especially since there aren't that many of them left :)  Looking forward to updates on your engine!

legacyblade

Hey winkio! It's good to see you're still here lol.

Valut sounds like a ton of fun o.o I'm curious to see how you're going to ensure the player never gets permanently stuck because there's no way for him to get the right powerup in the world he generates. You gotta let me know when you've got something playable so I can try it out. You have an any artwork done yet, or are you still just going full tilt on the basic engine work?

For updates on my engine, run over to pixelbards.com

(or if you just want a quick progress update video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOJFAOtnp0Y)

Glad I'm not being met with boos for vanishing whilst everyone was still working on the ARK RTP >.>

Ryex

Welcome Back to Chaos LB!  Man it's good to see you.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

Hey Ryex!!! Good to see you're still sporting that red bird avatar. Lol. Takes me back to the good old days seeing it again :P

PhoenixFire

Welcome back :) may your legacy continue  :3
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

legacyblade

I see what you did there  :P

Thanks for the welcome (and the kitty face which we sadly have no smiley for :< )

Ryex

Quote from: legacyblade on June 08, 2014, 11:29:11 pm
Hey Ryex!!! Good to see you're still sporting that red bird avatar. Lol. Takes me back to the good old days seeing it again :P

Ya, I don't change that thing, it kinda IS my identity.

Quote from: legacyblade on June 09, 2014, 12:08:07 am
(and the kitty face which we sadly have no smiley for :< )

Blizz... care to accommodate?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

PhoenixFire

Error 404: Kitteh not found
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

legacyblade

Quote from: Ryex on June 09, 2014, 12:14:19 am
Ya, I don't change that thing, it kinda IS my identity.

I've always envied people who can stick to an avatar for more than a few years. Makes them a lot more recognizable across the internet. I mean, I'm off to change mine right now o.o

@PheonixFire,

OMG. Best. Emote. Ever.

*saves*

G_G

Legacy! Dude.... You just punched me with a fistful of nostalgia. :3 Glad to see you back. Man, I hope we can keep bringing old members back. xD

Blizzard

:3 is good enough.
Welcome back, legacy! :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

June 09, 2014, 02:21:20 am #12 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:23:24 am by legacyblade
@Gameus, It's good to be back, lol. Seeing the  :naughty: smiley watch me as I type brings back as much nostalgia as seeing me again must bring to you, lol. What old members are still active?

@Blizz, Thanks for the warm welcome blizz ^.^ I was afraid you'd be mad at me for disappearing while everyone was working on ARC >.>

Blizzard

June 09, 2014, 03:09:20 am #13 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:10:24 am by Blizzard
Technically you weren't really doing much and you weren't essential so it wasn't really a problem. Besides, Ryex still hasn't finished the editor. And at this rate he never might. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MarkHest

June 09, 2014, 05:22:39 am #14 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:24:34 am by MarkHest
Welcome back, Legacyblade :) I also recently started looking back to the forum so we kinda arrived back at the same time (but still just lurking) :haha:
Good luck with your RMXP project!

Zexion

Don't belive we've ever met, but it's always nice to see the old member return. Good luck with this rpg contest thing!

legacyblade

@Blizzard, lol ok. Glad my leaving didn't really have much of an effect then XD But it'll be really sad if the editor never gets finished! You guhys have put TONS of work into it o.o

@MarkHest, Hey Hest! I guess there's just some alignment in the stars bringing us all back to chaos-project. XD

@Zexion, We haven't interacted much, but I've seen ya around the forums. I used to lurk your project topic a bit :P

KK20

'ey, welcome back guy. We haven't really talked to each other much, but maybe that can all change. Looking forward to your game :]

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

But it's about time you came back, LB. Now we can rape the land and pillage the women together. Or was it the other way around?

legacyblade

Quote from: Blizzard on June 09, 2014, 04:27:55 pm
But it's about time you came back, LB. Now we can rape the land and pillage the women together. Or was it the other way around?

It's good to be back. But how did you know of my secret land-raping fetish? D: I'm so ashamed of my desire to ravish the dirt!

@KK20, Well just cuz we haven't talked much in the past doesn't mean we can't in the future! Glad you're looking forward to my game ^.^