Looking for some feedback on a possible PC i'm looking to build...

Started by Holyrapid, June 17, 2014, 01:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Holyrapid

So i used reddit's buildapc sub as a springboard and used this utility to make a parts list and since the place seems to be quite slow, i would like to ask for your opinions as well.

I'm looking to build a competent gaming pc, one that runs most games at a solid 60 at high to max setting, so would this be any good?

http://choosemypc.net/uk/?budget=800&oc=maybe&options=od&hddsize=2TB&ssdsize=256GB

WhiteRose

Looks good to me. :)

If you ever plan on upgrading in the future, though, you might want a slightly better power supply. This one will work for this system, but if you get a higher end graphics card in the future, you'll want something with a bit more wattage (I also personally would go for something Gold rather than Bronze certified, but it probably isn't going to make a significant difference.) The cost wouldn't be much higher, and it would save you some trouble in the future.

Holyrapid

Would this be a good one to take instead? Especially if i want to run a second monitor (i forgot to say that i am most definitely getting a second monitor as well as an external hard drive for stuff etc.), not necessarily for game use (maybe, especially if i have/want to get a second GPU) but just having stuff on there when i do gaming or just other stuff in general, like i often wander off to reddit or something during the more boring parts of videos...

G_G

Just about any graphics card that has more than one display port will work just fine for multiple monitors. I have a GTX 660 ti and hook up three just fine. I don't game across all three, but I'll watch movies on one, do some programming on another, and browse the web on the last. A GTX 760, being the superior model should be able to handle two just fine.