A - F Scale works how under.. (VX)

Started by Corzama, July 26, 2008, 12:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Corzama

July 26, 2008, 12:27:25 pm Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:29:01 pm by Corzama
Using RPG VX.

I'm trying to understand the scale for enemies under Elements "efficacy" and even running
the word itself thru a dictionary it makes no sense to me.

(Not to be confused with the right side States Efficacy)

Is this scale for how well the monster uses the attributes listed there?
or is it to determine how well those attributes work against it?

Does "A" = greater effect or lesser?

If someone could be specific/detailed about this it'd help, thank you.

Starrodkirby86

July 26, 2008, 12:33:56 pm #1 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 12:35:04 pm by Starrodkirby86
I'm pretty sure you're talking how "Super Effective" or "Not very effective" an attack is against an enemy, using Pokemon terminology. The easiest way is to keep test battling and use elemental attacks to see what it does. It should be A would be the most effective while F would be the least. That's how it was in XP and 2000, I don't see why they would change it for VX.

On the enemies, where it says (Off the top of my head), Um...Fire, Water, whatever, the letter you put there would be the attack it's up against and how much it'll do on them. The modifier on how strong they do their attack would be the INT or something. I suppose. >_<

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Corzama

So.. A = Monster uses an element better? or if used against said monster does greater damage against?

I changed my elements database for both right and left sides, i'm talking about where "Elements Efficacy" is.
Located on the left not the right.

<-- still confused.

Starrodkirby86

Elements Efficiency determines how strong the element is towards the enemy. So if Fire is A, all Fire attacks will do 200% more than regular on the enemy.

States Efficiency is the chance of how the enemy will get inflicted with that status when it happens. If Ralph casts Mute and Mute is set to A, then the enemy will more than likely get Muted.

If you want an enemy to be naturally better at one element over another, I'm afraid you can't do that. :P Unless you set different skills and that sort, the only real modifier is the INT one, and if there's a Magic Atk, which I doubt.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

GAX

I think A was it'll hurt like a mother fucker while D is either barely anything or completely resistant, while I think F is that the being will Absorb it.  I'm not sure though.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Phasedscar

Note that what starrod is saying is reversed when you're talking about defenses.

A means you take 0% damage, C is 100%, and F means you take 200%.

On attacks it's the opposite, A means you deal 200%, F means you deal 0%.

Or something like that.
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

July 26, 2008, 09:47:24 pm #6 Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 09:48:10 pm by Blizzard
I know how it works in RMXP.

i.e. Enemy has A rating for fire. If you use a fire attack, you will do 200% damage. The damage ratings are 200%, 150%, 100%, 50%, 0%, -100% for A, B, C, D, E, F respectively. Same goes for actors. If an actor has fire rating A, he will take 200% damage from fire attacks.

That's for XP, but I doubt that it's different for VX.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

It shouldn't be different. I looked at a spider in VX. On Fire, it had A. Fire SHOULD be weak against a spider, I mean...it's a spider, what do you think? In conclusion, that's how I thought the whole system went. Besides, if you're really that confused, simply right click an area and click on What's This? It helps all the time.

Blizzard

Basically you can remember the ratings by thinking of them as grades. "How does fire work on that?" "It's an A! It did so much damage!" "What about thunder" "Complete fail, E." What about ice?" "It even absorbed it, F."
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.