My mouse keeps double-clicking when I click normally!

Started by Ranquil, July 22, 2014, 05:21:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Oh dawg, this is starting to get really annoying.

Sometimes when I click something once, everything goes just fine. At other times my mouse registers one click as a double click.
Now you may think: "Wow, that's such a first world problem!" Well, hear me out, because it's getting really fucking annoying!

I'm writing a long piece of text and I notice a small error in the middle of it. I click the part, use backspace and then correct it. Oops, since I had accidentally double-clicked the text, the whole text was highlighted and thus I had just removed the entire text.
I use Opera as a browser (don't judge me lol) and I click one of my gazillion tabs. When a tab is selected, a small X appears on it's left side giving the option to close the tab. Because I have so many tabs, they're also small in width. Oops, since I just accidentally double-clicked a tab instead of clicking it once, it registered the other click as a click on the X and thus the tab is now gone.

This wouldn't be as annoying if it didn't happen all the fucking time.

What should I do?
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

ForeverZer0

Is it a hardware issue?
Try decreasing the double-click time and see if it helps anything.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ranquil

Quote from: ForeverZer0 on July 22, 2014, 06:19:40 pm
Is it a hardware issue?
Try decreasing the double-click time and see if it helps anything.

I have no idea whether it's a hardware issue or not. This mouse definitely hasn't always been like this.
I tried that and it did nothing. Now it just also accepts two slow clicks as a double-click.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

WhiteRose

I've had this happen to a couple of mice before. It usually means that the pads under the mouse buttons have just worn through, unfortunately; there isn't much that you can do except get a new mouse if this is the case. Sorry for the bad news. :(

PhoenixFire

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for it?

Is it an external mouse or the touchpad? If external; wired or with wire? brand? model? have you changed anything significant at all lately (even if it had nothing to do with the mouse?) Are you running Windows or other OS?
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Blizzard

Have you checked the mouse settings? Maybe that options for single-click is on.

if it's really the hardware, first try wnother mouse to make sure before you buy a new one.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

Quote from: PhoenixFire on July 22, 2014, 06:55:45 pm
Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for it?

Is it an external mouse or the touchpad? If external; wired or with wire? brand? model? have you changed anything significant at all lately (even if it had nothing to do with the mouse?) Are you running Windows or other OS?

This mouse is just a pluck-and-play mouse so I don't think it has a driver. It's a wired external mouse. It's made by Microsoft but I have no idea of its model. I haven't changed anything significant at all lately. I'm running Windows 7.

Quote from: Blizzard on July 23, 2014, 01:34:21 am
Have you checked the mouse settings? Maybe that options for single-click is on.

if it's really the hardware, first try wnother mouse to make sure before you buy a new one.

I checked the mouse settings and there is no option like that. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that though.

I'll see if I have a spare mouse here somewhere.

legacyblade

My mouse started doing that once. It's only ever happened to the cheap ones that come with my computer though. Try plugging it into another computer and seeing if the issue persists. If it does, then you'll just have to buy a new mouse. You can get another cheap one for about ten bucks.

PhoenixFire

Okay, so it probably uses Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center (I have the same type of mouse, it must cost more like $40 cuz its a special one =p ). So, if you can locate the control panel for the m&k center, you should be able to uninstall it from there...

Or I could be completely wrong, but it's worth a shot I guess.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?