Good Bye

Started by Zexion, September 24, 2014, 04:28:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

I'm not sure if it's my real world issues that are getting to me, or what, but I need to go. I just feel that I need to focus more on school and relationships, and even physical/mental health. I have never really contributed anything to this community, so I doubt that I will be missed and any real sentiment will definitely fade quickly. I just felt the need to say goodbye since I have been here for quite a while. I know it seems sudden, and it feels like it came from nowhere, but I've thought of this for a long time now. I keep wasting time doing things like art, music, and game making. Doing them all, and being good at none of them. They are all hobbies, sure, but it can consume my life, and I just feel that leaving CP for good would help me kick these "hobbies". I'm obviously not doing something right in my life to feel so depressed all the time, and I need to figure this out. Talking to everyone on the internet isn't going to solve my problems, and it's clear that I'm not as intellectual as the vast majority of this community. (Which is part of the reason I feel a need to apply myself more.)

I'll miss all the fun conversations, and random 3AM chats in skype, but rest assure that I'll remember everyone of them. Here's one last lol for everyone to remember me by xD
P.S. I'll be on here till friday incase anyone wants to reply or anything, and because I can't just cold turkey this addiction of checking cp :b

P.P.S KK20, you're not off the hook for ssb4, tho. U still gonna haz mai skype noob

Blizzard

I disagree. You being here and spending time with us and communicating means you already contributed.

I hope you can figure out what you want and come back some day. Remember, even I don't use RMXP anymore, yet I come here every day. :)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Sucks bro, I've been in hell and back. You should really focus on your personal life asap if you think it's falling apart, I made the mistake of not sorting it out which caused me to have my own personal downfall around the end of high school, for some odd reason everyone was pissed at me cause I was in high honor roll on my sophmore, junior and the first half of senior year in high school, but that's whatevs. You shouldn't consider your hobby as something you waste time, eventually they will become your skill and talent. And yeah, don't waste your time talking to the peeps on the internet, at the time most of my online friends just want attention and have high ego, and always come to me whenever they have problems, when I shrug them off I get attacked for no reason. Same goes for some of my real life friends who I no longer talk with.
But yeah, figure your shit out and fix it. I have, I own a car, live in apartment and smoke kush. Life is grand, and I'm sure it will be for you as well.
Laterz, good luck, and check in sometimes.

Blizzard

Quote from: Punn on September 24, 2014, 06:48:12 am
most of my online friends just want attention and have high ego

Oh noez, you figured me out! :V:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

It really sucks to see you go, but perhaps you can come back from time to time. And to be honest, your pixel art and music skills were pretty good in my opinion. You will be missed and you were a part of this community no matter what. Hopefully you get to where you need to be with yourself, until then, good luck Zexion. It was nice knowing you.

Spaceman McConaughey

Your Kingdom Hearts game is one of the better projects I've seen around here. :P
Certainly better than anything I could do, and Blizzard contracted me to create Diablo III with a single notepad document.

Anyways, I'd certainly hope you're not leaving your buttbuddy KK20 behind; that nigga gonna be sad, yo.

Soulshaker3

I agree with tuggernuts your project is better than anything i could do until today but oh well life don't always go as we plan it to be hope to see you arround again.

Good luck for you friend we didn't talked much but I saw you enough so yeah.
Hellow?

KK20

Quote from: Zexion on September 24, 2014, 04:28:50 am
I have never really contributed anything to this community, so I doubt that I will be missed and any real sentiment will definitely fade quickly.

That's a load of horseshit and you know it. You've done a lot around here unlike some users who just post questions asking for free resources. You helped me out as well, and I do hope you continue to do so.
QuoteI keep wasting time doing things like art, music, and game making. Doing them all, and being good at none of them. They are all hobbies, sure, but it can consume my life, and I just feel that leaving CP for good would help me kick these "hobbies".

As Punn stated, hobbies are never a waste of time; it's what makes you feel good about yourself. Also pretty sure that none of those things are really contributing to your overall dilemmas. You live with a difficult family, struggling to find what you should do in school, and spending useless hours just jumping over the internet. I also take it that, if you're leaving CP, you are also leaving other related sites like RMRK.

I don't know what makes you think you're not very good at what you do. A lot of us can admit we're not amazing at something but still do it anyways because we enjoy it. I hope that once you realize how much you missed what you did, you will return.
QuoteI'm obviously not doing something right in my life to feel so depressed all the time, and I need to figure this out. Talking to everyone on the internet isn't going to solve my problems, and it's clear that I'm not as intellectual as the vast majority of this community. (Which is part of the reason I feel a need to apply myself more.)

Sometimes you have to find things out on your own to truly learn. But alienating yourself from people who care about you and want to help is uncalled for.
Being intelligent is not some kind of special requirement around here. And don't forget that I would have never gotten where I am at programming if I had never joined CP.
P.P.S KK20, you're not off the hook for ssb4, tho. U still gonna haz mai skype noob

Looking forward to it~ Even though you are losing your internet soon.

Things won't quite be the same without you around here. After all, who's going to fulfill graphic requests now? :\

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

winkio

It sounds like you want something different out of life than what you have right now.  I can understand that.  Do you honestly think that leaving the forum will help you?  It seems more like you are doing it just because it is something that you can easily control, whereas you have a harder time controlling the other, more important parts of your life that are actually responsible for your feelings.  I don't think that any of us are holding you back, or opposing your will in any way.  You have the same ability to make changes in your life with or without us here.  The reason you should have if you want to leave is that you don't like it here, whether it's because you find it boring, inhospitable, or unlikeable.

I'm at work now writing this on my phone, but I want to talk on Skype tonight or this weekend, both because I have more to say, and because I want to hear more from you.

WhiteRose

I can understanding wanting to take a break for a while, and setting things aside until life calms down. I do that all the time for various things, and you've seen, have even disappeared from CP myself for weeks at a time if life just demands my attention elsewhere for a while. Don't feel like this is an all-or-nothing decision. Feel free to leave for a little while if you feel like you need extra time and control in your life, but know that you're always welcome back here whenever you'd like. :)

Ryex

I've had this though a few time in the pasted few years. and if your sure that CP is the root cause of your disfunction then by all means go and live your life as you want and need.

but like the other said, think hard on what the real problems your having are. I find it unlikely you simply don't have the time to check in and hang with friends every once in a while (not to speek ill of you or any thing, I just think life and stress might be clouding your judgment and desiving you of your true ability to manage your time)
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

R.A.V.S.O

I have never really contributed anything to this community, so I doubt that I will be missed and any real sentiment will definitely fade quickly. I just felt the need to say goodbye since I have been here for quite a while. I know it seems sudden, and it feels like it came from nowhere, but I've thought of this for a long time now. I keep wasting time doing things like art, music, and game making. Doing them all, and being good at none of them.

See this? http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13922.0.html

This is far more than it seems, Ive seen people here (sadly myself included) who never EVER got to that point where you are, you took your time,
worked on the details, heck you PROVED RpgXP could handle your unique system and compared to the MANY (trust me on this one) badly done
KH-Fic projects out there yours had a shine of quality,
your spriting was excellent,(you even helped me with a set of these) the music was good, and the game making,
although slow (like many of us who go solo on a project) was promising, so I honestly do NOT believe your stay here was meaningless

They are all hobbies, sure, but it can consume my life, and I just feel that leaving CP for good would help me kick these "hobbies". I'm obviously not doing something right in my life to feel so depressed all the time, and I need to figure this out. Talking to everyone on the internet isn't going to solve my problems, and it's clear that I'm not as intellectual as the vast majority of this community. (Which is part of the reason I feel a need to apply myself more.)

I'm not gonna get in the way, just know that truly you did leave a mark on many of us here, if you believe going out there will take the edge off many things,
then go right ahead, maybe you truly do have quite more pressing matters ahead, who are we to stop you, go out there and give it your best,
we'll miss you truly D:

I'll miss all the fun conversations, and random 3AM chats in skype, but rest assure that I'll remember everyone of them. Here's one last lol for everyone to remember me by xD
P.S. I'll be on here till friday incase anyone wants to reply or anything, and because I can't just cold turkey this addiction of checking cp :b

Those were the best times T_T even though I wasn't that active on skype, it was still fun, heck the fact that we could talk about anything openly
was what made those moments special.

oh well Zex, despite you feeling it won't, we will remember you, truly.

Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

MarkHest

Actually, you have been a great contributor to this community. I always felt like you were one of the most core members here. Whenever I thought of chaos-project and the friends I've made here you have always been on the list of the names I remember the most. Also your game actually looks freaking awesome!
I know what you mean by having too many hobbies and being unable to focus between them. I don' t know your feelings individually but I DO know the feeling of having, should we say, too many different colors as a focus. It can leave you depressed and I hope you can sort things out in your life.
Hope you get better, dude. Good luck with life and until next time, take care :)

whitespirits

really gutted man you helped me out with so much stuff, sad to see you go :(

locowhiteknight

September 30, 2014, 06:05:50 pm #14 Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:43:41 pm by locowhiteknight
Sucks to hear you're leaving. I hope you treat it as a "sabbatical" for the time being and return to your real job some day  ;). I think you had one of the better projects on the site. Your work is truly amazing and inspirational to other rpgMakers out there.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

"Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"