[XP] XP Ace Tilemap

Started by KK20, November 02, 2014, 05:53:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kreiss

BTW, your script is awesome !

But he's not compatible with Advanced Weather System.
You can't adjust when the script is below XPA_Tilemap.
And when you put under XPA_Tilemap, you can't use another weather effects.

KK20

Can you describe the situation a bit more? The scripts do work together and I see no conflicts at all. The only issue would probably be that Advanced Weather assumes a default 640x480 resolution. XPA Tilemap's weather adjustment setting only applies to the default RMXP weather effects.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

kreiss

I forget to say it's because my game screen is 854x480.
As you saying, the script assumes a default 640x480 resolution.

Too large for the Advanced Weather, maybe ?

KK20

Advanced Weather is going to need to be modified a bit. Take a look here
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7947.0.html
You'll see an entry for Advanced Weather fix. Try it out. Obviously, replace SCREEN with SCREEN_RESOLUTION.

I'm putting compatibility patches on my To-Do list.

Other Projects

kreiss

Thanks, it work perfectly !

orochii

Hi! Here I am, trying to report a bug.

I was just trying my game, everything worked nicely, but after some time (15mins maybe) of doing random stuff like walking teleporting, battling, the game crashed after attempting to load the next map. The error said "Failed to create bitmap". Weird thing is, it happened when I was at a town, then entered a house, did some basic stuff, then tried to get back to town and it crashed. That's just to say the map just worked before.

Here is the lines it points to.
#===============================================================================
# ** Bitmap
#===============================================================================
class Bitmap
  attr_accessor :filename
  alias set_filename_of_bitmap initialize
  def initialize(*args)
    # Associate the bitmap with the filename of the graphic; empty string otherwise
    @filename = args.size == 1 ? File.basename(args[0], '.*') : ''
    set_filename_of_bitmap(*args)
  end
end

Basically, it fails when loading a bitmap, still not sure which one since I haven't been able to reproduce the bug (will do if I encounter it some more times :^D).

Still, haven't tried but I'm pretty sure it's one of these weird bugs that just happen at seemingly random moments. I'll try and replicate it if I can.

KK20

I have seen this reported before, but can't remember the details. It might have something to do with autotiles. Be sure to put some print statements to see what file it is you're loading.

Other Projects

Blizzard

I think I might have reported this.

Did you try updating to the newest version first?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Yep you did
But I don't think a solution was ever found. I don't remember reproducing the example you gave either.

Other Projects

orochii

I just did update to the most recent version (was using the 0.32 or something like that). I'll be using this one, doing more of these "extensive tests" and keep an eye on it.

I'm still confused though, since the map actually works, it's just maybe after several teleports. I remember an issue with RGSS3's way of handling disposed bitmaps that gave errors before, but I remember that being resolved. As for files, since the map actually loads fine, just sometimes don't, I am not even sure if there is an actual problem with the map itself.

But yeah, I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully I'll find the same bug again this week xD. Dunno how elusive it is.

Blizzard

Wasn't the issue that the bitmap size was 0? Something with missing autotiles?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

December 19, 2017, 02:33:59 pm #231 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:38:14 pm by KK20
It can't be, especially since he claims that it worked before. What you're mentioning was an entirely different bug where the game hard crashed (DLL was attempting to draw with no bitmap).

The only time the error can occur is if directly calling Bitmap#new where width < 0 or height == 0 (height < 0 still works, which I believe you discovered during ARC) OR you draw too many bitmaps.

In v0.33 I did mention this change:
QuoteCreation of autotile graphics was handled poorly. If it did not fit the RPG Maker standards, it would dispose the original graphic but never replace it. This could have led to memory leaks, but you would ultimately crash before that happened (see first bullet point).

Which is probably the problem being discussed here.

Other Projects

Sin86

January 14, 2018, 01:06:13 pm #232 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:10:47 pm by Sin86
I am loving this so far. However, I am looking for a way to have the camera center around my character as I am using the custom resolution aspect of the script. My camera focuses on my character veering to the left rather than the center. On the default resolution, it is on the center. I'm using Blizz ABS btw.

Also, wanted to say that I went ahead to see if I needed to see if this fix would work from the Resolution Compatibility thread(http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7947.0.html) for Blizz ABS and I did get the SCREEN error and though I did change it to SCREEN_RESOLUTION, that fixed the first error but goes back to the 2nd, which I said in the other thread, so here I'll repost it.

Accidently deleted my post when I was going to edit it. Anyway, I am using 0.97

However, Blizz ABS plugin no longer works. I tested it on 0.96 and it worked well there but then I get this error on 0.97.

Script Custom Resolution for Blizz ABS line 14 Nomethoderror occurred
undefined method tile_size for #<game_map:0xedd44e0>

I can get through just fine but the reason why I'm not using 0.96 is because of some wall clipping issue when going behind walls with priority tiles.

Might be some other issues I am unaware of with the Blizz ABS patch so that is why I am reposting this here.

KK20

Other Projects

Sin86

Thanks KK20, I'll let you know if anything goes wrong.

Also, to add on to this. It is best to change all SCREEN to SCREEN_RESOLUTION because I found more errors, not just those that was from your extra script or the beginning of the script where the errors where first at.

KK20

I mean obviously. Custom Resolution uses SCREEN to set the game resolution. XPA Tilemap uses SCREEN_RESOLUTION instead. Of course you want to replace all instances of SCREEN with SCREEN_RESOLUTION; there is no constant variable SCREEN defined in XPA Tilemap.

Other Projects

Sin86

Somehow I am getting an error that does not pinpoint me to any lines in any scripts but if I am using the F12 script, http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,3613.0.html I see that my game freezes. No error message, just a freeze

I went to see on moving my most recent scripts and can confirm that this is the only script doing this. Went as far as also making a new project with just this script and that one. Went and tested the most updated version of the F12 fix too. Only difference I get is the exploding animation, then a freeze, but still, a freeze.

KK20

January 14, 2018, 10:50:16 pm #237 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:05:52 pm by KK20
QuoteF12 Pause with image script

Literally doing what the script was designed to do.

I think this is what you're looking for: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13629.0.html

Or, if you are using XPA, there's no need for an F12 script.

Other Projects

Sin86

Oops, sorry about that. I went to go search for it in the database and I accidently clicked the wrong one. Stupid of me lol.

Anyway, this script is fantastic.

KK20

Updated to version 0.4!

• Maps that were smaller than the screen resolution were not centered properly; also scrolls if you venture too far from the center

• For XP games, Graphics.width and Graphics.height were using wrong values

• Default transitions now work for any resolution. The transition graphic will stretch to your game's resolution if necessary. Or make your own transition graphic larger than the standard 640x480 limitation. It's good to use something other than fade again!

Thanks to Blizzard for the transition algorithm that I largely based mine off of.

Other Projects