Indies VS PewDiePie

Started by Ranquil, November 12, 2014, 03:27:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Read all about it here.

Long story short, from 21 to 24 of November there will be a game jam (an event where you make a complete game in a short time) hosted by PewDiePie. There's 72h time to make the game and all its assets. You can use any engine (even *gasp* RPG Maker!) as long as all art and audio assets are made during this time period. When the time is up, the community will vote the best games and PewDiePie will play and record playing the top ten games and publish them on his YouTube channel.
There are no prices but the experience itself, which I can definitely say will be very beneficial to anyone who wants to make games. Oh, and if you get to the top, you'll get some very huge visibility. :D

So, anyone up here wanna join in on the fun?

I myself won't be participating as a member of this forum. Instead, I'll be participating as a student of my school. I'm gathering up a team from my friends here. :3
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

KK20

Gonna be too busy playing Smash Bros.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ranquil

November 22, 2014, 05:35:36 pm #2 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:44:09 pm by Ranquil
I feel like showing some of our work here.

Here's our beautiful (placeholder) title screen, made by yours truly:
Spoiler: ShowHide

And here's the main character's walking animation spritesheet. Isn't she beautiful? :3 This is made by one of the team's artists:
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Blizzard

OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER EYES
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

Ranquil

And here's the actual title screen. Just so you know the hearts and sparkles are from a particle effect.

Blizzard

I think my brain just got damaged.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.