despair72

Hi I want to know what a RmXP or any RM gamer/creator
wants to play not the specific name but a specific genre , Battle System
do they want story more than action
would you play a RM game with graphics like 90's or by 8-BIT
or a more Graphically focus game  :???:
and more

Ex,
User1- Hi, I prefer playing games with Zombies with short stories more on action

User2-I prefer to play Games that is quite propular nowadays

(They did not mention the game name)
Spoiler: ShowHide
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Nothing XD
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Blizzard

Since most RM games use more or less similar scripts and have a similar feel, I think that graphics are probably the thing that distinguishes them the most from each other. So you should think about focusing more on graphics.
Also, I personally prefer 90's graphics since I grew up with them.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

PhoenixFire

I like zombie games with 2k's graphics (so good but not necessarily the best in the world) that focus alot on storyline (not necessary that the story be long, just want it to have some substance and depth to it) and I prefer being able to customize my character in-game (even of this is something accomplished outside the game, by a separate app/program that modifies the save file.)
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

Zexion

I am a graphics person, but I also prefer a unique script or attention to detail. Things like footprints perfectly synced with the animation, lighting that isn't overdone, and dynamic sound effects that make me feel immersed. Dialogue is also important though. If a game says 'fuck' or 'shit' within the first few minutes, I'll automatically assume it's a horrible game.

KK20

RPG Maker isn't exactly a stellar system to create games off of. The fact that it's easy to use, highly accessible, and pretty cheap makes it still one of the most eye-catching engines for new users. Granted, new users start swimming into the communities and finding all these free and awesome resources that their games suddenly become Frankenstein monsters, lacking any form of synergy at all. They also start designing very generic stories, stone-slate (uninspired) characters, and repetitive gameplay that has been done countless times and beaten to death. Yes, we were all noobs at one point and learned from our mistakes--but if this is really your first game EVER and your first time EVER working with a game engine, you shouldn't be glomping over forums asking for intricate and specialized systems for a game that will not be good (nor finished for that matter), especially for free.

With that said, the good RPG Maker games are those that deviate from this prototypical norm. A fresh battle system that hasn't been seen before; characters that are unique and meaningful; gameplay that isn't cut-and-paste from another game; going BEYOND the engine's intentional uses. I like to see games that either make me go "That's made with RPG Maker?" or "Now this guy/team KNOWS how to fully use a limited engine."

As for personal taste, I prefer SNES/GBA graphics. Pixel art is always relevant and cool to look at, especially if done well. Good use of graphics is better than throwing nice graphics together with no sense or rhyme. ABS's don't work well with RPG Maker's tile-based environment (they are fun to mess around with though); I'm totally fine with turn-based battles but only if there's some depth of strategy involved.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

despair72

Quote from: Zexion on January 18, 2015, 12:57:23 pm
If a game says 'fuck' or 'shit' within the first few minutes, I'll automatically assume it's a horrible game.

Lol :D i FEEL YOU XD   :clap:
Spoiler: ShowHide
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Nothing XD
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Heretic86

Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Ranquil

Quote from: Heretic86 on January 24, 2015, 04:30:05 am
I want Boobs.

i wnat pinis in a pssy ;ooo

What I personally want to see in RPG Maker is using the engine to make something that wasn't thought to be possible. Custom systems or games other than RPG's are good examples.
As they say, a good chef can make gourmet food even from an old boot.
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

ForeverZer0

Quote from: Ranquil on January 24, 2015, 09:36:06 am
As they say, a good chef can make gourmet food even from an old boot.

Who says this?
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Heretic86

I still want Boobs.  Mostly so I can have fun watching them bounce when the girly characters move around.  Moar Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball ftw.

What I really want in a game is to just have fun playing it, regardless of the content, genre, cliches, style, graphics, mechanics, inteface, or anything else that makes a game what it is.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Xim

Yeah pretty much just make it fun. I don't need it to be over-the-top advanced or fancy. But I find I have more fun if a game has a good story line. I want to feel attached to what's going on, not just aimlessly wandering around shooting at zombies just because. If you're going to have an "excuse plot" it better be because your game-play simply doesn't need a big storyline (ie: Doom), give it some good aesthetics and not overly simple or complex game-play.

ForeverZer0

Now that I think about it, I would say the greatest thing that is most commonly missing from homemade games would be good storyline and dialog. While most people are capable of piecing together graphics, audio, and scripts to make a game at least the gameplay standout, storyline and dialog are not something that can be used from something preexisting (ie. script, tileset, etc.). The story needs to be original, which is honestly what turns me off to most RM games. 
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.