RPG Maker VX Ace Portable?

Started by KockaAdmiralac, February 24, 2015, 10:20:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KockaAdmiralac

Hello,
This is my first forum post, so if I posted in the wrong place, sorry.

The thing is, I would like to have RPG Maker VX Ace on a computer where I can't regulary install it, because I don't have administrator privileges.

So, is there any way of running RPGMVXA without having the RTP path in registry, then in some text file or something?

I basically want RPGMVXA to read his RTP path from a text file, so I don't need to specify RTP path in the registry, because I can't access the registry due to lack of administrator privileges.

If there is no other way, are there any assembler programmers to edit the .exe code itself?

Thanks.

KockaAdmiralac

50 "seens" and 0 answers? Really?

Am I that doomed to inportability?

I'll try posting it to other forums.

Bye!

ForeverZer0

There are many programs out there that do exactly this. Spoon Studio and VMware Thinstall come to mine, as well as using the PortableApps platform to build it yourself, but you would need to get a little familiar with how that platform works to create your own.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.