Author Topic: [XP] Heretic's Modular Passable XP  (Read 3231 times)

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 29
    • View Profile
[XP] Heretic's Modular Passable XP
« on: April 30, 2015, 01:57:33 AM »
Modular Passable XP
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Movement System
Key Term: Custom Movement System

Introduction

Modular Passable is a Framework that allows many scripts to make modifications to both Game_Map passable and Game_Character passable.  It is mostly intended as a Scripter's Tool, and as a Core Script for other scripts that are dependant on it.

You won't notice any changes to your game if you use it without additional scripts.

Features

• Allows other scripts to modify the definitions to change passages
  • Contains code for Easy Event Comment Configurations

Screenshots

No screenshots

Demo

(click to show/hide)

Script

Place below Scene_Debug.
Place below the SDK, if you use it.
Place below Heretic's Animation Speed, if you use it.
Place ABOVE ALL OTHER SCRIPTS.

(click to show/hide)

Instructions

See the Script.

Compatibility

Zero known compatability issues at this time.

This script is not designed to work with Pixel Movement Scripts.

It is designed to handle Eight Directional Input.

Credits and Thanks

• I'd like to thank Coffee and Nicotine!

Author's Notes

Please post ONLY in relation to Modular Passable itself in this thread. 

Any of the other supported scripts will have their own thread.  Ask questions or report bugs in the appropriate threads.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline Sylphe

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: 3
  • Huunngrryyyy *o*
    • View Profile
Re: [XP] Heretic's Modular Passable XP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 01:10:10 AM »
This is a fantastic bundle of scripts *o* great job !

However I tried to use the MMW of your demo in my game but I experience a "bug" that appears at the very end of my first event, here is the error :
(click to show/hide)

At the end of my event I show a simple message (that is shown in game) then I activate the local switch A to stop the event and at this moment I get this error.

Even when I disable the "sticky" option the error shows.

I actually have  RTP scripts, Modular passable (last version) and collision optimizer and those scripts (you can also see the line of the error in the screenshot) :
(click to show/hide)

and

(click to show/hide)

... I also scripted "set_max_dist(1)" at the top of the event but I keep the error :/
Any Idea what could cause it ? ^^ (the only thing that rewrite Game_Player < Game_Character in my scripts are yours lol)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:11:50 AM by Sylphe »
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss
(click to show/hide)
Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBear
TRY KEEP UP

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:38:18 AM »
This is MMW related, not Modular Passable related.  But lets fix it anyway.

First thing I noticed is that you have Blizz ABS.  There is a version of MMW that is designed to be compatible with Blizz ABS and you could try using that version.  Im not very familiar with that version or the ABS, and Im also not sure if it has any of the features I put in.  But for using Blizz ABS, I'd recommend looking up MMW Ex, I think its called, instead of the version I put up.  They arent terribly different, but expect other bugs to pop up.

Try this, move attr_accessor :sticky from class Game_Player to class Game_Character.  I'd still expect other bugs tho...

Seems to me this is possibly related to an inheritance issue, probably coded wrong, by me, where an alias made of a super class, which would probably be bad juju on my part.  I might have to take a peek at your project...
Current Scripts:

Current Demos:

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Offline Sylphe

• Transcended Spirit
  • LV: 3
  • Huunngrryyyy *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 02:01:02 AM »
Oooow ok I'm sorry ! I didn't see there was the same thing B-ABS compatible ._. thank you
At first I saw you're hotfoot script and I didn't understand what was hotfoot even when reading your post xD (surely because I'm french)
So I downloaded your "modular passable" demo so I thought it was ok to post my request here ^^
Well if I'm interested in MMW it is mainly for the "You can move while I'm talking" thing xD and my custom message system don't allow me to write a "(" in a message lol.
That's why MMW Ex fit me also ^^
(and you're right, putting the accessor in game_character fixed the bug, but another error appeared in my next event - Endless circle - I think I will use MMW Ex...)

Don't forget B-ABS in your compatibility section :p
blindly follow his heart can lead to the loss
(click to show/hide)
Sylphe, descendant of Zoldik Family.
Quote from: TedBear
TRY KEEP UP

Offline KK20

• Master Scripter Fixer
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Chaos
  • LV: 372
  • Bringer of Salt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »
At first I saw you're hotfoot script and I didn't understand what was hotfoot even when reading your post xD
To which I suggest you put animated GIFs as your screenshots for some of your scripts, Heretic. LICEcap is a good enough free software for this task.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP AceUpgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA TilemapTilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

NNID: KK20-CP
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901
Join the CP Discord Server

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 02:50:34 AM »
At first I saw you're hotfoot script and I didn't understand what was hotfoot even when reading your post xD
To which I suggest you put animated GIFs as your screenshots for some of your scripts, Heretic. LICEcap is a good enough free software for this task.

Good call.  I'll post this in the Hotfoot Tiles thread...

Current Scripts:

Current Demos: