Author Topic: [XP] Heretic's Restrict Tile Passage  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 29
    • View Profile
[XP] Heretic's Restrict Tile Passage
« on: April 30, 2015, 02:04:03 AM »
Restrict Tile Passage XP
Authors: Heretic
Version: 1.0
Type: Custom Movement System
Key Term: Custom Movement System

Introduction

This script will allow you to nearly fully control where Characters, both NPC Events and the Player can and can not move without changing Tileset Passages!  This is the CORE Script of what allows Heretic's Vehicles to move on Impassable Water Tiles.  Another very useful feature is that you can constrain an NPC Event to only move on certain Tile IDs, so you have NPCs that stay on a Road Tile while still allowing the Player the ability to walk off of the same Road Tile.

Features

• Allows almost Total Control over where an NPC can move
  • Uses Simplified Tile IDs
  • Can make NPCs move on Impassable Tiles
  • Can make NPCs move through ALL Events and restrict by Tiles
  • Very useful for restricting Random Movements
  • Events configured Per Page
  • I like Gummy Bears and Swedish Fish, yeah, thats a Feature!
  • Fully Compatible with other Modular Passable Scripts I wrote
  • ** REQUIRED by Heretic's Vehicles XP Script

Screenshots

(click to show/hide)

Demo

http://downloads.chaos-project.com/heretic86/MP/ModularPassable.exe

NOTE: The Demo contains several Modular Passable scripts.

Script

Place below Modular Passable (Required)
Place below Collision Optimizer (Optional)
Place below Loop Maps (Optional)

(click to show/hide)

Instructions

Restrict Tile Passage (or RTP) has Three KEY Features
- tile_only_move[tile_ids]
- tile_allow_move[tile_ids]
- tile_no_move[tile_ids]

These three Key Features allow you to control specifically where any Character, including the Player can move.  To allow the Player to move on Water, you can run a script: @tile_only_move = [2, 3, 4] where 2, 3 and 4 are Water Tiles.

Compatibility

No known issues

Credits and Thanks

• Id like to thank whoever invented the Remote Control for my TV.
  • I'd also like to express some major disappointment in whever invented the Remote Control for my TV since they didn't also invent Remote Control Beer!

Author's Notes

This script is REQUIRED by Heretic's Vehicles XP, and requires Modular Passable in order to function as expected.  There is one feature in here that is duplicated in several Modular Passable scripts, and that is \event_through.  This is not a mistake.  But please let me know if you find any bugs.  I've bent over backwards to make sure this script and every other Modular Passable script is PERFECT upon release.  Although the script was complete in October, it has taken me this long to make sure it is perfectly compatible with every other Modular Passable script out there, including Loop Maps, which has been an absolute nightmare due to the need to modify almost every other script I ever wrote.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:49:43 AM by Heretic86 »
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)