Big things to note:

• JavaScript and HTML5 -- no longer Ruby

• HIDDEN CLASSES ARE NO MORE!!!!!

• Multi-platform (Mac gets love)

• Touch input for mobile devices

• Front and side-view battles

• The return multi-layer mapping

• Import plugins instead of copy-pasting scripts

• 816x624 resolution (higher is possible with plugin -- 1920x1080 confirmed), 48x48 instead of 32x32 as default graphic size

• Event searching

• Possible pixel movement built-in?

Discuss.

I'd be willing to pick this up and give it a whirl.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

syldocaine

These features are looking nice.
Some of them are really awsome and I would say it's a big improvement to VX Ace.

In the end most of these features are also possible with RMXP with some workarounds and custom scripts so I wouldn't restart my whole current project in this new RM.

But I will give it a huge try for sure. (Maybe for future projects.)

winkio

Looks like a huge step in the right direction, the real successor to XP that VX failed to be.

R.A.V.S.O

From ruby to .js man.... all I can say is I'm so glad I took my time to learn a bit of it during unity practice sessions,

but sadly I've just had VXA added recently so I'll probably have to skip this until some time has passed... not that it's out already.

putting that aside, I love how they give us more pixel space to work with other than the default 32x32 per character sprite.

Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou

Blizzard

Hm, that makes ARC conpletely obsolete, right?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Soulshaker3

Quote from: Blizzard on August 08, 2015, 12:25:48 pm
Hm, that makes ARC conpletely obsolete, right?

Unfortunately, yes. All I can't think off that ARC has and this doesn't is the tab-like syste. But we will have to wait to see how it turns out.
Hellow?

KK20

We still don't have access to change the editor (at least from what we know so far) so I guess that's a thing. Don't know why they still think limiting the number of database entries, or even having parameter ranges at all for certain entries (e.g. MaxHP can only be 9999), is a good idea.

But seriously love that the hidden classes are no longer hidden.

Other Projects

Spoofus

Looks interesting, I didn't know a new rpg maker was in the works until today. I am more than likely to throw my money to them for it.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

cdaz

Finally RPG Maker that best on both Graphic and Script.
I like Vx Script system but very hate there graphic system.
Can't under stand why they upgrade there script but downgrade there graphic.

G_G

August 14, 2015, 09:13:22 am #9 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:15:50 am by gameus
Quote from: KK20 on August 09, 2015, 01:07:40 pm
But seriously love that the hidden classes are no longer hidden.

To be fair, since it's HTML5 and JavaScript, they can't really "hide" classes anymore. Sure the JS could technically get obfuscated, but it's a lot easier to understand how the code works with actual code rather than guessing. But I totally agree, I assume we now have total control over the tilemap which is nifty. When it comes out, I'll probably give it a whirl. Looks cool and I think it'd be interesting to program in JavaScript rather than Ruby.

Really hoping we can go to 32x32 tile size considering all other makers have been that. Sure we could modify the scripts, but let's hope the editor works with it out of the box, or better yet, lets us define the tile size and use anything. Though I am excited to see the 3-layer mapping back. Also really cool how they give us more options for the default battle system.

You can now create your own RPG Maker games on Macintosh. It will be released at the same time as the Windows version. RPG Maker MV users will be able to build games for the following platforms:

Windows/EXE
MacOSX/APP
Android/APK
iOS/IPA
HTML 5 for Web Browsers

this makes me think it's going to be a bit pricey. Ace is still a bit pricey. And I really hope they don't take the Game Maker route and charge for each individual export.

As for the plugin manager, definitely a cool idea. If something is wrong with your game, can start disabling scripts until you figure out what the problem child is.

Blizzard

I already made a new RMMV Script Database subforum. I just have to connect it to our Script Database.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

lol already planning ahead. I wonder who will even give support to that board :P

Other Projects

G_G

September 03, 2015, 03:14:52 am #12 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:16:45 am by gameus
Well, I for one can't wait to delve into it. I think it'll be fun for a few hours. So I'll probably release a few scripts for it. The only thing that I have a real issue with is JavaScript really isn't really a class based programming language, so you're going to have a lot of function()'s acting as classes if I remember right.

Blizzard

Neither will I be able to do stuff. ._.
You can fake some classes using function(), because function is actually just a block in Javascript. It's block-based, not function-based.

Ryex

JavaScript is really quite powerful, It has quirks but it's one of the most interesting languages I've ever delved deep into.

and it's not block based it's prototype based

A function is merely another object in JavaScript one with a special prototype and attached code block. There are at least three different ways to implement "classes" in JS.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Yes, I didn't express myself properly.

syldocaine

Since the VX Ace already had less available scripts than the XP I have the odd feeling MV will have more less big scripts. Many good RPG Maker scripters are retired. Maybe some will come back
But we will see when it's out.

Kiwa

wow this looks awesome!
I will definitely pick this up when it comes out and I have some extra cash.  I wonder if it can import and convert from VX ace or XP projects. (doubtful tho)
I hope we can use old resources too.

Quick! I need a BABS and RMOS in JS! :)

G_G

Quote from: syldocaine on September 06, 2015, 09:37:46 am
Since the VX Ace already had less available scripts than the XP I have the odd feeling MV will have more less big scripts. Many good RPG Maker scripters are retired. Maybe some will come back
But we will see when it's out.

Sure this community may be more XP than anything else, there are more than enough communities that provide scripts and resources for the other engines. I myself will get into it a little bit. Might convert some of my old scripts. Just hoping the engine itself is around the same price as Ace.

KK20

Pre-order page is live. Get your 10% discount. :U
http://preorder.rpgmakerweb.com/rpg-maker-mv/

Also while looking through the forums, I read that the engine IS entirely open after all.

Still not buying it yet mainly because it still resembles VXA with JS, two things I don't entirely like on their own, let alone together.

Other Projects