Author Topic: Time for reality  (Read 2982 times)

Offline MarkHest

• Video Game Music Composer
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
Time for reality
« on: August 09, 2015, 09:39:03 PM »
Hey guys. As you all know I haven't been active at all on these forums for like a year. Truth be told, RPG Maker is kinda dead to me and I'm having difficulty working my game The Missing Part as well, let alone finish it. I'm just here to say that I'm still alive (and I like trains) and well. I've been in programming school and learning to code C# for a year now and I'm starting a second year again no 17th august. So I'll be even more busy with school for another year. I also have a suggestion that some people might like.
Because The Missing Part is having a hard time being finished I might have to trim down the length of the game or maybe even make a sequel or part two. I am tired of the default battle system and I want something new that spices up the gameplay rather than just filling the storyline with talking bubbles that takes forever to scroll through.

So here's the deal. I will go through a couple of bug fixes and then I will allow a few of you to actually test the game. I will not add any more scripts or new content more than maps and stuff so I guess if you save your save file you can continue from the last save after the finished product.

The Game has a total play time of around 15 hours I think, so there's definitely a game and not just a demo.
If you want to be one of the people that plays the game and can give me critics/feedback/suggestions/ranking then please tell me in a post below. I will send you a private message with the .RAR file and the game. There are a few things that needs to be fixed first before I can hand out the game, but if I start working on it right away It won't take too long.

I'll finish my words with that I love this community still. It's been like family in my past but as my RPG Maker spirit died I just stopped comming here for some reason. I still love you all and good luck in the future. Don't forget to mention in if you want to play the game or not. It's important that I get information on what to do with it in order to make something out of it. If I accept you playing the game you get the game as it is now. Not a demo, the full game but up to the point where I finished developing.

I can't help but feel like I need to trim down the length of the game until the point I am now, or it'll never get finished.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:21:03 AM by MarkHest »

Offline Zexion

• Addicted to LoL
  • Chaos User
  • LV: 69
  • My anaconda don't...jk it does
    • View Profile
Re: Time for reality
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 10:55:46 AM »
Lol, I think most of the community would understand your situation. It's kinda hard to keep momentum going when you have free time, it can only get harder when you don't. You know I'm always up for a game review though.

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:30:21 PM »
Thanks Zexion. I am looking for 1 to 3 people and nothing more so thanks for helping. I will make some more adjustments to the game before I can send it. You should get a private message when its done.
Your feedback(and others if they apply) after playing the game to the production point is the most important part as it will decide what to do with the game after that point. It can be ended, or it can be continued, it can also be made into a sequel. The people that apply, and that I accept to play the game, will have a huge hand in deciding what will happen next.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:32:00 PM by MarkHest »

Offline Ryex

• Arctic Bird of Programming
  • Global Moderator
  • Chaos Ultimate
  • LV: 197
  • Wants to write a compiler for fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »
I'll definitely play test for you  Mark!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.

DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.
(click to show/hide)

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
Thanks a lot Ryex! <3

I can take in ONE more person and then no more. So if anyone feel up for it. There's a spot open for play testing once some more porgress has been made to the game.

Play Testers:

• Zexion
  • Ryex
  • Spoofus
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:04:36 PM by MarkHest »

Offline Spoofus

• CP's Lovable Turtle
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »
I'll test the game out, gotta have something to do once they cut my hours back for the winter here.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

Offline MarkHest

• Astral Trancist
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 05:17:42 AM »
Sorry for responding so late but I just though I'd menion that I've once again re-rewitten many part of the game again (That would be the 4-5fifth time or something. I have even made new maps in the intro for more game inversion. The demo for you guys will have to wait a little bit more but they will WILL come, trust me. There's still parts I need to fix/add/remove and make it fitting to the story.(There was a lot of plot holes that I've fixed. While redoing many past cutscenes I also gave the characters their appopriate personaliities so they're not all talking robots(no one likes that). I've won't spoil too much on what I've done TO THE GAME itself but trust me, a release will come! It will be glorious! It is be... BEYOIND EPIC!

So if ther are still people here who wishes to play test the first beta version of the game when it comes out and play a part in what will happen AFTER that beta ends, sign yourself up here.
The options that you will be able to chose on what will happen will shop up once you've reached the END of the game(beta). In the game ending: The Writer of the game will ask you a few questions. Bring you answers to this forum and post me a PM on what you think should happen, given the options the Writer Will give you in the ending credits.

A am not dead btw, this project is far from dead. I am actually working on it some every week. Even if the amount of work done sometimes very small. Then there's those days when I feel STUPER motivated to get as much progress as possible done.  So don't give up on me just yet. It might go slow, but the project is FAR FAR FAR from dead.

I don't really don't want to brag but out of confidence I  but I think this could become one of the best RMXP games out there when it's finaly release. I'm very confident in this project and I can't WAIT to see it finished. I don't know if you guys are hyped about it yourselves but I feel like I want to release the game today!... as if... I can't do that thought :roll:

I hope people are as patient with me working on this game at the speed I'm currently doing.

So if there any more people who would like to become game testers and change the future of the game history itself after a specific event in the game. Feel free to sign up. I will keep slots open for ANYOEN who feel brave enough the make the request. I already have 3 people but if more wants to join, don't be shy to leave a post showing you're interested, I might accept you too ;)

As a last thing I wanna say. I am really sorry to you guys. I had a deadline on when to get this game done and it was proven that deadline was impossible. I've had to skip out all the sidequests of the game to keep the story as interesting with more effort put into it.
Remeber I am doing EVERYTHING by myself in this game:

-Music (I have over 100 songs made to the game already and more are comming :naughty:)
-Art (Battlers and even many of the sprites are my own. This takes a lot of work)
-Story Dialogue and Cutscenes (This is oviously something only I can do, so this 100% fo my work)

So yeah. Please be patient with me. The game is making progress as we speak but there's so much work that needs to be done. I wont want to tress myself cause that only lead to mental exhaustion, I still want everyone to know tthough that even if I'm not a heavy poster on the forum itself I am still actively working on this project and trying to the best of my abilities to make it good.

I just felt like ranting a little bit and get some things are our my way. This game WILL happen. I just don't WHEN.
The first "Beta-Test" version still isn't TOO FAR OFF so the people who sign up here will at least get from 10-15hours of gameplay before they reach the hard decsicion.
What happens next...?

Take care you all! Nice talking to you all again! :haha:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:13:09 PM by MarkHest »

Offline Zexion

• Addicted to LoL
  • Chaos User
  • LV: 69
  • My anaconda don't...jk it does
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 11:20:12 PM »
bruh deadlines are cool but they like never work out tbh don't sweat it mang