I been working

Started by Spoofus, August 30, 2015, 07:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoofus

Well I have been working on two projects, which are a tribute towards games I have fallen in love with through out the years
and the ones that are being tributed to are the Shin Megami Tensei games, and no not the Persona games which are still really good games to me but I'm going for the base Megaten games such as Nocturne and SMT IV(3ds). And the other game is definitely Secret of Evermore, I don't care who you are, this is without a doubt my favorite game ever.I grew up playing it and I loved the fact that is was just a movie geek and his dog going through these odd places just trying to get back home.As for those who has never played SoE the ending was just funny to me( I won't spoil it), when you first play the game and finish it and see it's ending you kinda can't help but laugh at it.

Anywho this thread is so I can throw out a few of my thoughts of the "Megaten" tribute project for now, so I can get some feedback if ya wanna give it out or to criticize me etc.

Okay so, as you all know modern themed tilesets are kinda of hard to come by or don't look very decent for rmxp.
Soooo...I am using GBA pokemon sprites where they look modern and the only reason for me using them is because all the traditional megaten games tend to be in the modern setting also I know I can sprite half-way decent with them.

As far as the scripts go, I basically have what I am looking for except a few that I am still looking for and or thinking of that could improve the look or systems of the project.

But for now here is a sampler of some of the "monsters" for the project.(monsters in megaten games the monsters are from myth, legend, lore, etc.): (some of these are still a work in progress, but I think they are coming along well)
Spoiler: ShowHide

(only reason I post this here is because I don't have enough ready to even warrant a new project thread yet)

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/