More than 1000 events?

Started by opkij, September 21, 2015, 10:45:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

opkij

This should be a common problem but I couldn't find a solution...

So, is there any way to have more than 1000 events in one map?

Zexion

KK20

Agreed. The question that should really be addressed is why in the world do you even need more than 1000 events?

I guess it is possible to put more than 1000 on a map, but it would require some tricky scripting. Probably something like making a dummy map filled with the extra events already setup and then using appropriate calls when loading maps to "transfer" events from the dummy map to the real map in-game.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

opkij

Haha, I see that this is a big problem then, I am still a bit surprised that not more people have this problem.

In the 2003 version I use a lot of events as a third layer etc and pass 1000 events often, hehe.

This time the main problem is that this is a small project and I really wanted everything to be on the same map, I guess I will have to split it
into two after all... it just seemed so convenient. Also I really like to have alot of small animals, drop effects when rain hit the ground etc. Another wasteful thing is
that I use events to block of the movement of NPCs.

Thanks for the help!

KK20

If it's not that big of a project, you should consider using Continuous Maps. At a glance, it looks like you can use more than 1000 events on "one map".

Could also look at Restrict Tile Movement for situations where you don't need to put a bunch of blank events.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

opkij

Thanks again, it really seems like I am in the right place to get help!

Both of those solutions sounds intresting but maybe a bit complicated, I should have thought about all of this beföre
making the entire map maybe... oh well, this is why I started with a small project, to learn from it!

ForeverZer0

Honestly, you are far more ahead to change your mapping style. Done correctly, there is little situations where you would require events at all, let alone that many. Every event creates a sprite, which needs updated. Having that many can seriously lag your game.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.