Forum Error?

Started by ForeverZer0, November 26, 2015, 02:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

Am I the only one who is getting this?
I see this on 3 different devices at the top of every page...

Spoiler: ShowHide
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Your image doesn't work, but if you are talking about the "Deprecated: preg_replace()" messages, I'm getting those too.

KK20

Yeah, someone has to edit the PHP code according to SoulShaker. It's a generally easy fix since you're just replacing method names.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Soulshaker3

You can also disable warnings in the PHP config, but the code changing should be the one done, since you know, you won't see other warnings if you disable them.
Hellow?

Ryex

it's because SMF 1.x is an old version and the host probably upgraded the php install.
I'm getting tempted to tackle the migration to 2.x again...
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

What Ryex said. I wanted to fix this ASAP, but I literally didn't have any spare time in the last few days. I am likely to do this finally tomorrow.

Feel free to try the 2.x migration. The script database, shoutbox and some other stuff will have to be ported though.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Soulshaker3

Quoteit's because SMF 1.x is an old version and the host probably upgraded the php install.

But... that's what I said to KK bitch in private :K Me wants credit.

About the migration if you need any help with PHP I "may" be able to help.
Hellow?

Ryex

if you can get me a dump of the code and the database so I can do testing I'll see what I can do. my hope is that I can make this a drop in upgrade for you. Perhaps I can even migrate the themes.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Alright. I'll get all of this ready tomorrow.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Yes please. I hate how every submit brings me to a blank page and I have to change the URL to get back to the forums. :(

Other Projects

Blizzard

November 28, 2015, 04:23:39 am #10 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:22:41 am by Blizzard
I tried replacing the call, but I gave up somewhere at the end since I realized that I'm not even sure I'm doing it properly due to some regex match syntax in PHP. Sometimes $1, $2, etc. are used and some times escaped \\1, \\2, etc. are used and I'm not sure if this is it. >.<

I'll send you everything, Ryex. See if you wanna port it to SMF 2.0. I'll try to disable the deprecation warnings for now.

EDIT: Didn't work. :/ I contacted support. Let's see if they can do it. But for now the actual best option might be to temporarily switch to an old PHP version until we upgrade to SMF 2.0.

EDIT: Alright, I got a reply and the warnings are now disabled. We should really switch to 2.0 ASAP. If PHP gets updated again at some moment, it's possible that the forum will stop working. >.<

EDIT: Yup, switching is the way to go. They won't update that part of the code. :/ http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528463.0

Ryex, feel free to completely wreck everything. We'll figure out the additional stuff later. The theme can also go, I'm ok with that. We can always remake or update it at some point later.

Ryex

November 29, 2015, 11:29:12 pm #11 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:25:57 am by Ryex
well I have two clones working and one clone upgraded, wen't simi smoothly. I'll be doing work this week to convert things but I looks like the themes will have to be remade. At least the themeing in SMF 2 is much MUCH easier.

EDIT:
script database ported. that was actually rather easy

Blizzard

That's fucking awesome! :D I can't wait for the switch.

Soulshaker3

QuoteI looks like the themes will have to be remade

Oh boy, I like this part :V:
Hellow?

Ryex

December 04, 2015, 10:24:03 pm #14 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:51:24 pm by Ryex
so, I've mostly converted CP's main theme to SMF2. It's a bit rough, I need transparent images, but it works for now. the script database is of course ported. I however have yet to get any of our addons working. but that at least should be easy.

I'll have a test site up soon for everyone to look at and try and break.

EDIT:
a screen shot for ya

Ryex

OK.
Blizz has graciously provided a test subdomain and I've set up a 2.0 converted CP there. Please go test it out  it uses a new shoutbox system so play around with that if you would

http://forumnew.chaos-project.com/index.php

The theme is as far as i'm concerned complete, if you have problems with readability or something looks ugly/wrong let me know.
Right now there is only a clone of CP's default theme but I have plans to convert the dark Red theme and the dark and light blue theme

KK20

Am I dumb or is there no way to post in the shoutbox?

Other Projects

Ryex

December 10, 2015, 03:49:10 am #17 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:57:24 am by Ryex
it might be me, I vaguely remember something about only admins having power to post in it by default. I' probably have to go in and add normal user permissions

EDIT: should be working now

Blizzard

Didn't you say you got the script database working? xD It won't work for me.

Ryex

that freaking template keeps disappearing on me. fixed.