Problems

Started by Blizzard, August 09, 2008, 05:45:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

This host is a bitch. It has deleted all my files that were over exactly 500 kB which means I can't host my scripts which means this host loses its actual purpose. I can always just put all my stuff at sendspace and use a free SMF forum. Finding another host is bothersome. I don't know what will happen, closing down the site is a possible solution because I am tired of this shit.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

Oh please no...don't shut down the site please ._.

And yeah, thsi host is actually a total bitch, it'd probably be good to ditch the host but maybe we should just abuse the members and ask them to find a good host.  I wish Koeru didn't go down though.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

My Visa Electron doesn't get accepted at Paypal and I don't know why. I guess I'll add a Paypal donation button for now. -_-

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

August 09, 2008, 06:45:47 am #3 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:01:42 am by Fantasist
...I wish I could help  :'(

EDIT:
Seriously, is there anything I can do? I can't help moneywise cause i have no ways of transaction...

I dunno if this sounds silly, but in case things go bad, you could always register a free forum at forumotion. It's ad free, let's you add your own Google ads, and the service is great (I think). For hosting files, what you need is a stable host. Instead of using Sendspace, let's see, hos about Filefront?

If there's anything I can do, let me know.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

August 09, 2008, 07:14:07 am #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:17:15 am by Blizzard
No, there is nothing anybody can do (except donate). I have to fix that myself. Don't worry, if I am going to put the site down, I will try to notify you guys at least one week in advance. The site will stay up for now.

Fantasist

*sigh* Let's see how it will turn out. All the best Bliz.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Punn

Do you accept money order or western union?

Blizzard

PayPal. *points to bottom right corner of the page* There's no point in anything else as I can't transfer anything to my PayPal account to actually pay the hosting bills. That's why PayPal.

Diokatsu

This is horrible... Man I'm sad now... I'll see what I can donate or w/e or maybe find a better hostie........ :'( Wow I really hope we sort this out

Aqua

Aw...I'm sorry to here that, Blizz.
Hope we figure out a solution so this awesome community loses contact with each other...  :'(

Diokatsu

*sigh*

To be honest, If worst come to worst then we can set up an invisionfree forum or something easy. Don't worry. If sure that we'll stay together. In the meantime though, everyone should go about their business normally. No better way to solve a problem then ignore it xD j/k

Starrodkirby86

Fortunately, the vast majority of members have contact with each other, especially the IRC. This would give us a little form of unity, mainly for the active members unfortunately.

I truly hope you can find a free host that does well. You can always use a separate FTP uploader (One that will keep everything after 30 days too), and then use 000webhost for the forum, who knows.

All the best.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Quintinius

If you're looking for a decent host, try this dude.

He's pretty generous with his bandwidth and memory, I used him and you can get pretty good hosting and a .com domain for about £15 GBP a year.

He's really good. :3 And I'm sure the loving, generous and tender members of CP would be able to raise £15...

DeathLock

Whoa, you're still having host problems. What's with this shithead host you have? Well, good luck finding a new host, Blizz.

Blizzard

August 09, 2008, 01:01:06 pm #14 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 01:03:07 pm by Blizzard
This host was good at the beginning, but now it's getting worse and worse. I knew that this would eventually happen, but I hoped it would take long enough for me to get a job, set up my PayPal right and move the site because I already know where I will move it, but the new host costs $7 per month.

EDIT: Hey, Quint, have you checked the background of that host? Like reviews, how long it is in business, etc.? It doesn't look bad, but a little bit unprofessional.

Starrodkirby86

Most of these members aren't old enough to deal with donations, considering I know a fair share of them. The adults, with how little and how much work they're doing, can however donate to help. But after all, 7 dollars isn't a lot, but maintaining that, that will add up. And for a forum that isn't, as sad to say it, extremely popular, I'm a bit at low hopes for donations. u_u

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

We will still see how it turns out. I might be able to make a debit account at some bank so I can add funds to PayPal personally. This would be optimal, but we'll see what happens.

Starrodkirby86

Speaking of that, how much money has actually been used to take in part to keep Chaos-Project running and all? How is the fiscal prosperity of CP? Maybe if you give the statistics people will decide to donate or something. Who knows. And of course, when making a donation there's always some reward... :roll: But that's just the usual stereotypical stuff. It's not needed at all. :/

Blizzard

domain + hosting bills while we were on koreru would have been around $75 per year, on the host i'm planning to move to it should be almost $100. As I said, hosting is $7/month which is 12 * 7 = $84 for the hosting and (I think it was ) $12 for the domain chaos-project.com annually. I'll see if I can make a homepage soon and some extra stuff so the google ads get more views and clicks. I'd like to tell you the financial status, but the Google Adsense site seems to be down.

The statistics can be seen on the bottom of the page. There's a link on the main page saying [Stats] (you should know that :P).

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on August 09, 2008, 06:00:53 pm
domain + hosting bills while we were on koreru would have been around $75 per year, on the host i'm planning to move to it should be almost $100. As I said, hosting is $7/month which is 12 * 7 = $84 for the hosting and (I think it was ) $12 for the domain chaos-project.com annually. I'll see if I can make a homepage soon and some extra stuff so the google ads get more views and clicks. I'd like to tell you the financial status, but the Google Adsense site seems to be down.

The statistics can be seen on the bottom of the page. There's a link on the main page saying [Stats] (you should know that :P).
The statistics I was talking about were fiscal related, not general forum related. I do know that, how did I make the Chaos Project statistics on Microsoft Excel if I didn't? :P

Google Ads are a good contribution, but getting them to actually pay for your site would make it divine. We get about 2000-5000, maybe even 10,000 hits a day, and if it doesn't calm down, we'll get a good amount. That can result in some sexy money. :)

Blizzard

August 09, 2008, 06:25:51 pm #20 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 06:26:57 pm by Blizzard
I know, I'm just messing with your mind. As I said the Google Adsense site is down right now. I think you can count 50% of the daily views to be ad views as well. We have almost 5000 page views per day right now which would be around 2000-2500 ad views which is not more (but most probably less) than $0.02.
The main problem with adsense is that you need to gather $100 first before they send you a cheque. If I'm not wrong, we don't even have $50 yet. ;_; I think that Xintekk told me a few weeks ago that it was $40+. ;_; But that doesn't really help as I don't think that we can transfer that to my PayPal account. If I can set up everything right with my Paypal, all problems are technically solved. -_-