I need a NAME for a New Script that I just wrote...

Started by Heretic86, April 03, 2016, 11:44:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

My current name no longer suits the functions of this script.

HERETIC'S LOCK SCREEN SCROLLING

It started off just locking the screen.  Quick, dirty, and easy.  But Captain Overkill here decided to go overboard as usual.  Basically, you can now Lock Screen Scrolling, let the Player wander around without having the screen always centered on them (very useful for cutscenes), but you can run Scroll Commands from the List of Event Commands and it will ignore Player movement.  I also thought a way would be needed to check if the Player went off the screeen, so I did that, then I put in more stuff so you can only move characters (Player and Events) while on the screen!  Think Side Scroller Shooter!  Sort of like that.  Also, imagine a Chase Scene, where if you go off the screen, you Fail!  The advanced collision stuff needed Modular Passable, so this is a bit of an oddity for me.  The script works without Modular Passable, but the more advanced features, like collisions wont work without it.  It does work PERFECTLY with Looping Maps!  I have to finish the documentation on it, which shouldnt take too long.  It will be up in a day or so.

Due to all the new features, I think it needs a new name.  What should I name this script?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

orochii

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

"Camera", good call y'all!

Ive been busting my ass on Platforms, so havent built a demo for either yet.  Im really close to being finished.  Had a breakthru on Moving Platforms last night, so both scripts will be out in a day or two (time permitting)...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)