[XP] Do any Scripts that you know of check Names of Enemies?

Started by Heretic86, August 29, 2016, 10:04:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Since Enemies dont really have any place except a Config to add parameters, Im just curious if any scripts you know of rely on checking the Name for special properties?

For example:
Ghost - Ghost\property[val]

Trouble is with this method:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get Name
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def name
    return $data_enemies[@enemy_id].name
  end

I already have a work around, assigning @name during init, but fear it may cause some conflicts with other scripts, so just curious...

(got bored, wanted floating enemies to have a floating animation... :p )
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

You can just make a new method or overload name with a parameter to return the full name of the enemy while leaving the default to return just the name itself.

Also how is this going to be any different from G_G script? Why not just make an update to that instead.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Quote from: G_G on August 29, 2016, 01:24:08 pm
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,10113.msg165713.html#msg165713

I didnt even know about that script!

Ok, so I read thru his code and see the differences.  That is probably a better script for a couple of reasons:

#1 - It doesnt mess with def name
#2 - It doesnt mess with screen_x, y, or z
#3 - It enhances Battle Logic

I was just going after Floating Enemies for Animation purposes but didnt do anything to the Battle Mechanics.  Only thing I may have done a bit better was to use Trig instead of Linear Floats, but its such a minor thing, I doubt anyone would really care.

Oh well, I was having fun putting it together just to play around with Battler Sprites.  I think there are so few people that use XP anyway that it may not be worth while even releasing, especially when there are more than sufficient scripts already in existence.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)