Help with teleport

Started by elmangakac, September 06, 2016, 12:47:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

elmangakac

Hello friends. I do not know if I'm putting this in the right place, but worth a try, since I am having a problem that threatens to stop my project.

From a day ago I've been having a problem with teleportation events. When I set coordinates on the map to which the character must appear after activate a teleportation event, initially the character reaches the right place in the right way ...

The problem starts when I compile the entire game from the TEST GAME RPGMAKERXP button, I close the project and open it again. When I do, many of this coordinates have moved one tile up. This makes the character gets stuck on the door and not outside it.

For example, when leaving a house, stay in the same outer door without allowing their movement.

I want the character teleports right here ...

But when I compile the game and restart RPG MAKER XP appears teleporting here ...

Someone could solve this problem? Thank you very much for the great help.

Blizzard

That's a very weird error. Have you tried different versions of RMXP? The most used version a few years ago were 1.0 and 1.02. The newest is 1.04 I think. Maybe 1.05 was released, I don't remember. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

September 06, 2016, 02:15:52 am #2 Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:21:31 am by KK20
Yeah I never heard of that one either. I'm not sure if it's a version-related error.

You could try sending a demo of a project that demonstrates this behavior.

EDIT:
Or it could be the way Pokemon Essentials handles teleporting. I found this wiki article: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Map_transfers
QuoteThis page checks whether a player is standing on the door, and if so, shows the player coming out of it. This means that when choosing where a door should lead to, you should choose the tile with the door event on it (i.e. the door itself, not below it).

Maybe that's your problem? Try reading more guides/tutorials on PE.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

elmangakac

Quote from: KK20 on September 06, 2016, 02:15:52 am
Yeah I never heard of that one either. I'm not sure if it's a version-related error.

You could try sending a demo of a project that demonstrates this behavior.

EDIT:
Or it could be the way Pokemon Essentials handles teleporting. I found this wiki article: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Map_transfers
QuoteThis page checks whether a player is standing on the door, and if so, shows the player coming out of it. This means that when choosing where a door should lead to, you should choose the tile with the door event on it (i.e. the door itself, not below it).

Maybe that's your problem? Try reading more guides/tutorials on PE.

You are right.

It was a bug door with an event previously came in Essentials ... But I managed solved by removing an additional page that the event brought teleportation by default.

Thank you very much for the information. Really, thank you.