[Unity2D][Android] AudioBreak Project. + Playable DEMO

Started by R.A.V.S.O, June 19, 2017, 01:06:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

R.A.V.S.O

AudioBreak

Smash your Music

By: R.A.V.S.O.

AudioBreak is a videogame app I've been developing under the Unity 5.5 engine with the Android OS in mind.

It's a game with simple mechanics, that lets you take whatever music you may have on your phone (.mp3 format) and generates a playable level from it, users with lots of music in their smartphones can make the most of this app.

GAMEPLAY:

The core gameplay is simple: you get to control a player character (under the name of Joe) who can move around the playing field with the corresponding arrow buttons, during the gameplay, musical notes will spawn from the track the player selected at the start, it's up to Joe to smash these notes before they reach the top, so time your jumps accordingly to ensure no notes get away.

Gameplay Demonstration Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcn3tjKrlUM

Aside from moving about smashing notes, Joe can also use his customizeable abilities to help him out provided you have enough power to trigger them up.

FEATURES:

(while the game is fully playable on android devices of 4.2 or higher, bear in mind I still have some extra features planned, and will continue to edit this list.)

Spoiler: ShowHide

WHAT I HAVE SO FAR:

+ Placeholder working main menu.
+ Main Menu Options for side adjustments.
+ Core gameplay 100% done, (still room for improvement ;D but at the moment, works as intended)
+ Difficulty System, select a difficulty that suits your playing skill.
+ 2 in-game tutorials covering the basics.
+ Working music browser, browse for your favorite tracks, anywhere in your device :D
+ Reactive Background (the background reacts to the BGM to give it a more active feel)
+ Endgame Options (the basics but works)
+ Powerup System (choose between 3 different powerups + 1 built in powerup)
+ Combo system, the better your combo, the better the multiplier at the end of a chain.

INCOMING (or at least heavily considered):

- A special Endgame Event (still considering this)
- Extra abilities to select at the start.
- A better streamlined main menu.

WISHFUL THINKING (stuff I'd love to implement but can't right now due to either not knowing how to properly add it or lacking the components to do so):

- Global Scoreboard (highly considering this one once I get a proper google dev account)
- IOS support (this game would need to be popular at least in order to even consider this option.)

The game itself works for the Android OS at the moment, but should it enough popularity, I'd heavily consider porting it to IOS (granted I get a proper license, but that's still under wishful thinking) the minimum required to run the game at the moment is Android 4.2 or higher. (Android versions above 6.0 might be experiencing some issues, but I'm working to fix these ASAP, sorry about that)

Feel free to give the game a shot:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Current Version is: v1.1
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbgj3bglvwvux4r/AudioBreak%20Demo%20Version.apk?dl=0

The .apk weights approximately 34 mb and should run at a stable 30 fps on old phones, and a smooth 60 fps on newer phones, just
download the .apk to your phone and install to play.

CLOSING COMMENTS:

The AudioBreak Project as of right now has been completed for a demo release, but I will continue to keep working on it from time to time, either by adding more device support, additional music or overhauls to how the system works, bear in mind that this is by no means the final product and might suffer some drastic changes from time to time.

Hope you guys enjoy the game ;D
Personality Test results
Spoiler: ShowHide

"Life is unfair, so make it unfair in your favor" -Sesilou