ATOA ACBS: Problems with adjusting battler

Started by koktengri, October 07, 2016, 05:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

koktengri

October 07, 2016, 05:28:07 pm Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 05:56:00 pm by koktengri
Hi, Im a RPG XP User and I use the ATOA ACBS (Sideview battlesystem) by Victor Sants aka Atoa.
I've a huge problem.

In the script "ACBS | Config 2 - Advanced" which is part of the battle scripts you can adjust the settings of battlers, like how fast a pose should be, if a pose should be inverted or not.
Okay. so far so good.

The name of my battler is soldier3.
Here are his Settings. Im gonna explain them all.

Pose_Sprite['%Soldier3'] = {'Base' =>[1,1,200,false], 'Adjust' => [0,211],
    1 =>[1,5,true], 2 =>[1,4,true], 3 =>[1,4,true], 4 =>[1,4,true], 5 =>[1,4,true],
    6 =>[1,4,true], 7 =>[1,2,false], 8 =>[1,4,false], 9 =>[1,4,true], 10 =>[1,4,true],
    11 =>[1,4,true], 12 =>[1,4,true], 'Center' => {'Base' =>[0, 50]}}

Pose_Sprite['%Soldier3'] menas its meant for the battler wit hthe name soldier 3.
{'Base' =>[1,1,200,false], = the first number is the maximum number of of horizontal frames and the next one is the maximum number of vertical frames.
200 is the movement speed. false means that the battler will be not inverted.
Adjust is important, it adjusts for battler sprite.
The rest of them are the poses used. For example  1 =>[1,5,true] is the idle pose. it has 1 frames and runs on 5 speed. True means loop. etc.

HERES MY PROBLEM: My problem is the center line. Center sets the sprite "center", used to set the target point
for battle animations and throws. its helpful for example if the sprite is not really in the middle or is an flying enemy or if the battler is a big sprite. I tried to use the line so that animations from enemies hit exactly where my sprite is and not bewlow wich they currently do. because my sprite is big and it needs to be big.
But whenever someone attacks me I get a errorline on Script battle line 418 undefined local variable or method'_ name for sprite_battler.
I dont know what I did wrong.
Heres the demo and the script part.

From ACBS | Sprite Battler
Line 400 - 423

http://workupload.com/file/DGNbnJ7 DOWNLOAD DEMO

Spoiler: ShowHide
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get sprite X center
  def center_x
    name = Pose_Sprite[set_battler_name].nil? ? @battler_name : set_battler_name
    if Pose_Sprite[name] != nil and Pose_Sprite[name]['Center'] != nil
      pose = Pose_Sprite[name]['Center'].dup
      return pose[@battler.pose_id][0] if pose[@battler.pose_id] != nil
      return pose['Base'][0] if pose['Base'] != nil
    end
    return @frame_width / 2
  end
  # * Get sprite Y center
  def center_y
    if Pose_Sprite[name] != nil and Pose_Sprite[name]['Center'] != nil
      pose = Pose_Sprite[_name]['Center'].dup
      return pose[@battler.pose_id][1] if pose[@battler.pose_id] != nil
      return pose['Base'][1] if pose['Base'] != nil
    end
    return @frame_height / 2
  end

KK20

October 07, 2016, 08:39:19 pm #1 Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:11:19 pm by KK20
In the code you posted at the end, specifically this line:

pose = Pose_Sprite[_name]['Center'].dup

Did you try removing the underscore next to name?

EDIT: So I downloaded your demo along with someone who was hosting the script's demo. Both are exactly the same version. I compared the text in ACBS | Sprite Battler and the only difference was that _name bit on that one line.

I don't know what could have caused you to add that there by mistake.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

koktengri

October 08, 2016, 10:54:15 am #2 Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:22:20 pm by KK20
Actually it wasnt me who did this but rather victor sants - the creator.
When I was about to post this, I wanted to erase the "_" but forget it to test it before I could upload it. I put it in the folder however.
But it worked.

But my problem is not over yet. Now the real problem is starting to begin. LOL.
Its hard for me to put it into words because my native tongue isnt english so im trying step for step if its okay.
If you look at my battler in the picture 1 (all pictures are at the buttom)- you will notice that he is in the very middle of the picture. Normally they are on the middle at the bototm. I need to do this because I will implement skills and actions for battlers that needs space. This is why hes in the middle. If I do this, in battle he will appear wrongly above the battlefield. Look at Picture two. Btw. dont mind the pink and yellow edges, they are only help for me.
Okay, so in order to counter that and in order to get my character below in the battlefield Victor sants created a Adjust command. With that you can adjust battlers who are not well aligned like my.

Heres an example how the code looks:
Pose_Sprite['%Soldier3'] = {'Base' =>[1,1,200,false], 'Adjust' => [0,220],
    6 =>[1,4,true], 7 =>[1,2,false], 8 =>[1,4,false], 9 =>[1,4,true], 10 =>[1,4,true],
    11 =>[1,4,true], 12 =>[1,4,true]}

What does the adjust do? here? 0 is the X position adjust, 231 is the Y position adjust. It means that it will skip 220 x positions to get the battler right.
In Picture 3 you can see that it worked and I get my battler right. Dont mind the shadow under my battler. I was just too lazy to delete it. Look at picture 3 please.

Okay, now that the battler is displayed correctly, you will ask me where my problem is, isnt it? Here is where it starts. The funny thing is, as I corrected the display of the battler with the help of the adjust term, the animations and casting animations are postponed - they are displayed wrong. I dont know if the adjust command should do this or if its a bug. So  the adjust command displays the positions for animations skill on the user like cure or casting wrong etc. I dont know why the command is doing it or if its a bug. ALSO: What I also consider a bug or simply wrong is, that the dmg sprite is too much apart from the animation when adjust is used.
So my first question: Can anyone check if adjust should do this or if its a bug? Can anyone check in the script (I think its ACBS | RPG::Sprite) why the animation is displaced alongside the sprite? For all of that see picture 5.

In the script I found another command or term that is helpful in situations like where I am.
It is the center command.
'Center' = Value that sets the sprite "center", used to set the target point for battle animations and throws. By default, the center is based on the frame dimensions, but don't take into consideration the position of the sprite inside the frame If the sprite is on an uncommon position compared to the center (like an flying enemy that stays above the center).

Heres what I did:
    11 =>[1,4,true], 12 =>[1,4,true], 'Center' => {'Base' =>[530, 300]}}
I took the center command for 530 X positions and Y Positions. The problem is, that im Sure that the center command is bugged or it conflicts with the adjust command or something like this. BECAUSE: As I change the X positions of the center command, the animation goes right or left in the way I want it. But changing the Y positions wont do anything. I tried using 300, 50, 1, 0. Its always in the same position which it should not. Im 100% that the code is bugged. I dont know what exactly is wrong. Second question: can anyone look at the script and look whats wrong about the term center? Why is the animation not moving along the Y positions despite the fact that I change it?

The main scripts for my problem are found in

ACBS | RPG::Sprite
ACBS | Config 2 - Advanced
ACBS | Sprite Damage

Heres a link to a new demo with the current settings:
https://workupload.com/file/7sSeSdn
Screenshots: ShowHide

PICTURE ONE:

PICTURE TWO

PICTURE THREE

PICTURE FOUR

PICTURE FIVE

KK20

QuoteActually it wasnt me who did this but rather victor sants - the creator.

What I meant was that the script demo I downloaded from another website was the EXACT SAME version as your demo. The underscore was not there in my download. If you're saying that you didn't add that underscore there by accident, wherever you downloaded the script from is clearly a faulty download.

As for your questions, which are exactly the same by the way, it's because you need to change the animation position. Looking at ACBS | RPG::Sprite, center_y only takes effect if the animation position is 1 (Middle):

if $game_temp.in_battle
          sprite.x = self.x - self.ox + self.center_x
          sprite.y = self.y - self.oy if position == 0
          sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.center_y if position == 1  #<==================
          sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.frame_height if position == 2
        else

So go in your animation database. To the left of the 'Frames' drop-down is the 'Position' drop-down. Choose 'Middle' and your problem is solved.

QuoteIf you look at my battler in the picture 1 (all pictures are at the buttom)- you will notice that he is in the very middle of the picture. Normally they are on the middle at the bototm. I need to do this because I will implement skills and actions for battlers that needs space.

I don't understand what you're trying to do here. What space do you need? Your battler graphic shouldn't be 1050x600 in size.

Other Projects

koktengri

October 08, 2016, 05:01:51 pm #4 Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:09:29 pm by koktengri
Thanks for your help so far.
I downloaded the Demo from RPG XP.ORG if I remember correctly. Can you tell me where I can get a clear version if mine was corrupted or is outdated?

Okay the animation problem is, lets say: solved to the half, but I really dont understand why the problem only happens if adjust and center term is used. So IT is a bug then. If I dont use them everything seems okay. Even if I use animation who are not below and and when I dont use both terms - everything is cool. I really dont understand why it only happens when using center and adjust. It works when I dont use buttom for animation. And what if I want to use buttom?

The battler was just a template. My battlers are normally greater. I need space because I make the animations of certain attacks thru battlers and not thru animations except for skills like thunder etc.

Another problem is still there. The dmg sprite is a bit apart from the animation. And even if I move the center - damage sprite is always on a certan point which it should not. Normally the damage is on the same point where the animation appears if I remember correctly. However after using center and adjust the animation is a bit apart. Any ideas?

KK20

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, possibly because the English is pretty broken. So I'll just quote and break it down:
QuoteI downloaded the Demo from RPG XP.ORG if I remember correctly. Can you tell me where I can get a clear version if mine was corrupted or is outdated?

Could you provide the link? The one I tried was http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Thread-RGSS-ACBS-Atoa-Custom-Battle-System
QuoteI really dont understand why the problem only happens if adjust and center term is used...If I dont use them everything seems okay. Even if I use animation who are not below and and when I dont use both terms - everything is cool

Can you show me an example of this? I don't really see how it "works" in your demo.
QuoteI really dont understand why it only happens when using center and adjust. It works when I dont use buttom for animation. And what if I want to use buttom?

I already explained to you in the previous post why it doesn't work for 'Bottom' position animations. 'Top' and 'Bottom' animations play at the very top/bottom of the sprite graphic. Because the bottom of your Soldier graphic is where the yellow boxes are, the animations play there. There is no setting in the script to adjust the positions of 'Top' and 'Bottom' animations. If you want to make 'Bottom' animations actually play at the bottom of your sprite, don't make them pointlessly large.
QuoteThe battler was just a template. My battlers are normally greater.

If each frame of animation for the battler is going to be 1050x600 pixels large, you're doing things wrong. For starters, the game window is only 640x480 in size--that's a lot of added file size to your project and wasted RAM for your players.
QuoteThe dmg sprite is a bit apart from the animation.

In ACBS | RPG::Sprite, there's this line:
@_damage_sprites[i].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust - self.oy / 3

The only adjustment in the script is the configuration option Dmg_Y_Adjust (ACBS | Config 1 - Basic, near the bottom) but that's applied globally.

I think you should work on your graphic first before you start messing with the adjustments. The large, single-frame sprite is confusing you as to how things actually work.

Other Projects

koktengri

October 08, 2016, 08:56:59 pm #6 Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:50:32 pm by KK20
My problem is this: First:
The adjust or center settings are not calculated withhin animation that are buttom or top animation. I want that to be fixed or added. T_T. I consider this a bug
By tests which I have done, only the adjust/center settings for middle animations is calculated. I want that to be fixed. Thats my  first problem.
Because when I use a middle skill (And I tested the exact location of the skill) the location of where the skill is exactly at the same points. On both battlers. One who battler is a normal one without any adjust or center command. the other battler does have adjustment and center is a large battler. look at picture two and three.

EDIT: If the adjust or center settings are not calculated can't you add that it will be calculated?
I tried this here:            sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.frame_height - self.center_y if position == 2
But if I do that the animation is okay for battlers with the center command, but it doesnt work for battlers without the center command. Any ideas?

Second Problem:
The damage sprite is miles away from my hero character and from the animation. please look at picture one
Please note that both sprites only look the same. The enemy sprite is however different. My hero sprite is usign adjust and center. He doesnt.

Im sorry, it was my fault to use the exact same sprites for both battlers but they're both different.
Im not a beginner in terms of this script. Im using the battle system for months. But im a complete beginner in terms of scripting. I know exactly why Im using such large battlers. The problem is the script itself.

Picture ONE:

Picture two:
My enemy sprite. His battler is not adjusted.

Picture three:
My hero sprite

KK20

Probably best to consider this a script request now. I'll see if I can add custom options to the configuration for the following:

• Adjust Damage sprite location

• Adjust Bottom/Top animation location

Other Projects

koktengri

October 09, 2016, 01:21:50 am #8 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:27:48 am by koktengri
Okay, thank you really for helping me, you dont probably know in how much trouble I was...
As for the animation issue, I at least know where the problem is altough i cant fix it.
As for the animation issue. My suggestion would be too make two lines. One that applies for battlers with center and one without.
sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.frame_height if position == 2
the line above is the original line.
The line below could fix this I believe
sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.frame_height +- self.center_y if position == 2
But I really don know how to check if a battler has a center command or how to make two separate versions. Im not on expert, so Im not gonna rush on things.

But do you know where the source for the damage issue is? So I can also look for solution while you're working on it.

Btw. I checked the version of ATOAS Script in the demo you showed with mine - it is the same. It also had the _name issue.
Thanks, from the bottom of my heart for helping me.

KK20

QuoteBut do you know where the source for the damage issue is? So I can also look for solution while you're working on it.

Quote from: KK20 on October 08, 2016, 07:49:33 pm
In ACBS | RPG::Sprite, there's this line:
@_damage_sprites[i].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust - self.oy / 3

The only adjustment in the script is the configuration option Dmg_Y_Adjust (ACBS | Config 1 - Basic, near the bottom) but that's applied globally.

EDIT

Here's the solution. Place this under the <<Add-Ons>> :

class Sprite_Battler < RPG::Sprite
  def damage_adjust
    if Pose_Sprite[name] != nil and Pose_Sprite[name]['Damage'] != nil
      pose = Pose_Sprite[name]['Damage']
      return pose[@battler.pose_id] if pose[@battler.pose_id] != nil
      return pose['Base'] if pose['Base'] != nil
    end
    super
  end

def bottom_anim_adjust
    if Pose_Sprite[name] != nil and Pose_Sprite[name]['Bottom'] != nil
      pose = Pose_Sprite[name]['Bottom']
    end
    super
  end

def top_anim_adjust
    if Pose_Sprite[name] != nil and Pose_Sprite[name]['Top'] != nil
      pose = Pose_Sprite[name]['Top']
    end
    super
  end
end

class RPG::Sprite
  def damage_adjust;      return [0,0]; end
  def bottom_anim_adjust; return 0; end
  def top_anim_adjust;    return 0; end
  # * Set Damage Pop
  #     value     : Damage value
  #     critical  : Critical flag
  #     sp_damage : SP Damage flag
  def damage(value, critical, sp_damage = nil)
    dispose_damage(0...@_damage_durations.size)
    @_damage_sprites = []
    damage_string = value.numeric? ? value.abs.to_s : value.to_s
    @battler.apply_damage(value, sp_damage)
    for i in 0...damage_string.size
      letter = damage_string[i..i]
      if Damage_Sprite
        if value.numeric? and value < 0
          extension = Hp_Rec_String
          extension = Sp_Rec_String if sp_damage
        else
          extension = Sp_Dmg_String  if sp_damage
          extension = Crt_Dmg_String if critical
          extension = Mss_Txt_String if damage_string == Miss_Message
        end
        begin
          bitmap = RPG::Cache.digits(letter + extension)
        rescue
          bitmap = RPG::Cache.digits(letter)
        end
      else
        if value.numeric? and value < 0
          @_damage_color = [Hp_Rec_Color[0],Hp_Rec_Color[1],Hp_Rec_Color[2]]
          @_damage_color = [Sp_Rec_Color[0],Sp_Rec_Color[1],Sp_Rec_Color[2]] if sp_damage
        else
          @_damage_color = [Hp_Dmg_Color[0],Hp_Dmg_Color[1],Hp_Dmg_Color[2]]
          @_damage_color = [Sp_Dmg_Color[0],Sp_Dmg_Color[1],Sp_Dmg_Color[2]] if sp_damage
          @_damage_color = [Crt_Dmg_Color[0],Crt_Dmg_Color[1],Crt_Dmg_Color[2]] if critical
          @_damage_color = [Mss_Txt_Color[0],Mss_Txt_Color[1],Mss_Txt_Color[2]] if damage_string == Miss_Message
        end
        bitmap = Bitmap.new(160, 48)
        bitmap.font.name = Damage_Font
        bitmap.font.size = Dmg_Font_Size
        bitmap.font.color.set(0, 0, 0)
        bitmap.draw_text(-1, 12-1,160, 36, letter, 1)
        bitmap.draw_text(+1, 12-1,160, 36, letter, 1)
        bitmap.draw_text(-1, 12+1,160, 36, letter, 1)
        bitmap.draw_text(+1, 12+1,160, 36, letter, 1)
        bitmap.font.color.set(*@_damage_color)
        bitmap.draw_text(0, 12,160, 36, letter, 1)
        if critical and Critic_Text and i == 0
          x_pop = (damage_string.size - 1) * (Dmg_Space / 2)
          bitmap.font.size = ((Dmg_Font_Size * 2) / 3).to_i
          bitmap.draw_text(-1 + x_pop, -1, 160, 20, Crt_Message, 1)
          bitmap.draw_text(+1 + x_pop, -1, 160, 20, Crt_Message, 1)
          bitmap.draw_text(-1 + x_pop, +1, 160, 20, Crt_Message, 1)
          bitmap.draw_text(+1 + x_pop, +1, 160, 20, Crt_Message, 1)
          color = [Crt_Txt_Color[0],Crt_Txt_Color[1],Crt_Txt_Color[2]] if critical
          bitmap.font.color.set(*color) if critical
          bitmap.draw_text(0 + x_pop, 0, 160, 20, Crt_Message, 1)
        end
      end
      if critical and Critic_Flash and value.numeric?
        $game_screen.start_flash(Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255),10)
      end
      dmg_delay = Multi_Pop ? i : 1
      dmg_adjust = Damage_Sprite ? 32 : 96
      @_damage_sprites[i] = ::Sprite.new(self.viewport)
      @_damage_sprites[i].bitmap = bitmap
      @_damage_sprites[i].ox = dmg_adjust
      @_damage_sprites[i].oy = 20
      @_damage_sprites[i].x = self.x + 32 + Dmg_X_Adjust + i * Dmg_Space - (damage_string.size * 8) + damage_adjust[0]
      @_damage_sprites[i].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust - self.oy / 3 + damage_adjust[1]
      @_damage_sprites[i].z = Dmg_Duration + 3000 + dmg_delay * 2
      @_damage_sprites[i].opacity = 0
    end
  end
  # * Set animation sprites
  #     sprites     : animation sprite
  #     cell_data   : cell info
  #     postion     : animation position
  #     animation   : animation info
  #     anim_pos    : animation custom position
  #     anim_mirror : invert animation
  def animation_set_sprites(sprites, cell_data, position, animation, anim_pos = nil, anim_mirror = false)
    for i in 0..15
      sprite = sprites[i]
      pattern = cell_data[i, 0]
      if sprite == nil or pattern == nil or pattern == -1
        sprite.visible = false if sprite != nil
        next
      end
      sprite.visible = true
      sprite.src_rect.set(pattern % 5 * 192, pattern / 5 * 192, 192, 192)
      if position == 3
        if anim_pos != nil
          sprite.x = anim_pos[0]
          sprite.y = anim_pos[1]
        elsif anim_pos.nil? and self.viewport != nil
          sprite.x = self.viewport.rect.width / 2
          sprite.y = self.viewport.rect.height - 320
        else
          sprite.x = 320
          sprite.y = 240
        end
      else
        if $game_temp.in_battle
          sprite.y = self.y - self.oy
          case position
          when 0
            sprite.y += top_anim_adjust
          when 1
            sprite.y += self.center_y
          when 2
            sprite.y += self.frame_height + bottom_anim_adjust
          end
        else
          sprite.y = self.y - self.oy + self.center_y
          sprite.y -= self.center_x / 2 if position == 0
          sprite.y += self.center_y / 2 if position == 2
        end
      end
      set_sprite_cell_data(sprite, cell_data, i, anim_mirror)
      anim_setting = Animation_Setting[animation.id]
      sprite.z = anim_setting.nil? ? 2000 : self.z + anim_setting[2]
      sprite.x += (anim_setting.nil? ? 0 : anim_mirror ? -anim_setting[0] : anim_setting[0])
      sprite.y += (anim_setting.nil? ? 0 : anim_setting[1])
      sprite.ox = 96
      sprite.oy = 96
    end
  end
end

And this is the configuration I used for your battler:

11 =>[1,4,true], 12 =>[1,4,true], 'Center' => {'Base' =>[530, 350]},
    'Top' =>    {'Base' => 300}, # Positive values move the animation DOWN
    'Bottom' => {'Base' => -250}, # Negative values move the animation UP
    'Damage' => {'Base' => [0, -100]} # Move the damage text. Configured as [X,Y]. Negative value used to move text up.
  }

The 'Center' configuration is not mandatory if using 'Top', 'Bottom', or 'Damage', but you're most likely going to need it for your reasons.

Other Projects

koktengri

October 16, 2016, 01:42:10 am #10 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:04:04 am by koktengri
Thank you so much for helping me. I had time to test your edit. I really did some long compatible tests etc.
And you know what? it worked. It solved the top/down/damage issue.

However, theres one issue, thats remaining.
Im using some addons written by dervvulfman like chanting animations, recovery when defending. I also tested them.

1. Recovery when defending by vvulfman addon works with your edit. No issues with that.
2. ATOA Chanting Battle Animations also by vvulfman works perfectly. It basicially gives one the ability to set animations on users when casting skills.
3. Then there is the last addon that doesnt want to work. Its the ATOA Status Effect Pops script also by VVulfman. It basicially sets messages when statuses are applied like damage spries. For example when someone is poisoned, a message with the text "poison" will appear like a damage sprite. Problem is only, that the script isnt compatible with your edit. It doesnt factors your edit with the damage. If I adjust a damage in the configuration which I need to make, the damage appears far below the character and not in the right position.

btw. the script order is:
main battle scripts
Atoa HP/SP Defending Recovery
Your edit
ATOA Status Effect Pops
ATOA Chanting Battle Animations

As far as I know, its the best variant, i tested around a lot. With that order all scripts except for the status effect pop ups work.

Could you edit the ATOA Status Effect Pops script or your edit so that both are compatible with each other and so that the status effect pop up script will factor the adjust taken on damage?

Heres the script, its free of use:

Thanks,
koktengri.

#==============================================================================
# ** ATOA Status Effect Pops
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#    by DerVVulfman
#    version 1.1
#    1-10-2016 (mm/dd/yyyy)
#    RGSS / RPGMaker XP
#

#  INTRODUCTION:
#
#  This script creates a new damage pop option for the ATOA ACBS system, now
#  drawing status effect/ailment names along when a character is so effected
#  while in battle.
#
#  Like the original system, graphics for status damage pops are kept within
#  the Graphics\Digits folder. Otherwise, it will draw damage pops using the
#  more traditional draw_text method.
#
#  NOTE: Mix match of graphically rendered and text drawn damage pops is not
#        visually recommended.  Both handle positioning differently.
#
#  This script is an add-on for Atoa's ACBS.
#
#
#  INSTALLATION:
#
#  Paste below Atoa's ACBS system.
#
#  The configurations are explained below.
#
#
#  CONFIGURATION:
#
#  These are going to be quickly explained.  There's not a lot really TO
#  explain about them.
#
#  Basic values:
#
#  * Dmg_State_Max
#    This sets the maximum number of damage pops that will show at one time.
#    I do not recommend going above 3 as it may appear crowded.
#
#  * Dmg_State_X_Adjust
#    Like the Atoa ACBS system, there is an extra X-Position adjustment value
#    you can use.  A setting of 0 should keep it horizontally aligned with all
#    other damage pops of the same style.
#
#  * Dmg_State_Y_Adjust
#    This determines the vertical position of your damage pops, either above
#    or below the ones normally generated.  Negative values are above the
#    default pops while positive will be positioned below. 
#
#  * Dmg_State_Height
#    This sets how much vertical space is between each status damage pop.
#
#  * Dmg_Default_Text
#    This is used when a status damage pop is being generated and no custom
#    status effect name (below) is defined.  If this value is set to true, then
#    it will use the default name in the database.  If set to false, then it
#    will not render the status damage pop.
#
#  * Dmg_State_Skip
#    This allows you to define what status ailments are not to be shown, even
#    if the game is set to permit default status effect names (above).  Just
#    set the IDs of the states in the array.
#
#
#  Extended values:
#
#  * Dmg_State_Pops
#    This is a hash array where you set the name for each status effect to
#    show.  If a graphic of the same name is in the Graphics\Digits folder,
#    it will render that graphic as the damage pop.  Otherwise, it will show
#    this name using default text methods.  If a state pop is being generated
#    and no name is in this hash array, it will either show the default name
#    stored in the database or just 'not' show the pop, depending upon the
#    value set by the Dmg_Default_Text value (above).
#
#  * Dmg_State_Color
#    When a status damage pop is rendered, it is of a custom color.  This
#    array sets the default color in the [red, green, blue] format.  It can
#    be overwritten by individual color settings described below.
#
#  * Dmg_State_Colors
#    This is a hash array where you set the color for each status effect to
#    show.  If no color is defined for a given state, it will use the default
#    color above.
#
#  * Dmg_State_Dur
#    When a status damage pop is rendered, it is to stay on the screen for
#    a set period of time in frames.  This is where you set the number of
#    frames (default = 40).
#
#  * Dmg_State_Durs
#    This is a hash array where you allow some status effect pops to show
#    longer or to vanish quicker than others.  If no value is listed, it will
#    use the default duration as set by the Dmg_State_Dur value above.
#
#
#
#  TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
#
#  Free for use, even in commercial games.   And as this script was requested
#  by Noctis, you have to give both of us credit for this script.
#

module Atoa
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Dmg_State_Pops    = {}        # Do Not Touch
  Dmg_State_Colors  = {}        # Do Not Touch
  Dmg_State_Durs    = {}        # Do Not Touch
  #----------------------------------------------------------------------------

# State Pop Values
  # ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Basis values to set that control the system.
  #
    Dmg_State_Max       = 3     # Max # of State pops (Recommend no more than 3)
    Dmg_State_X_Adjust  = 0     # X position adjustment for State Pops
    Dmg_State_Y_Adjust  = -48   # Y position adjustment for State Pops
    Dmg_State_Height    = 22    # Vertical Space between State Pops
    Dmg_Default_Text    = true  # If true and no damage pop defuned, use default
    Dmg_State_Skip      = [4,5] # Array of states NOT to show pops

# State Pop Names
  # Renames the damage pops or acts as filenames for graphic pops to show.
  # If a filename, assumes graphic is in the Graphics\Digits folder.
  #
    Dmg_State_Pops[2] = "Slammed"     # Changes stunned state name to Slammed
    Dmg_State_Pops[3] = "POISON"    # Changes venom state name to Poisoned

# State Pop Colors
  # Used only with damage pops drawn with the more traditional draw_text
  # method, this sets the color of rendered text.  Not used with graphic
  # image pops.
  #
    Dmg_State_Color     = [128,0,128] # Default color set to dark purple
    # -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dmg_State_Colors[2] = [255,0,0]   # Red color for Slammed/Stun state
    Dmg_State_Colors[3] = [0,255,0]   # Green color for Poisoned/Venom state
    Dmg_State_Colors[9] = [255,128,0] # Orange color for Weaken state

# State Pop Colors
  # Used only with damage pops drawn with the more traditional draw_text
  # method, this sets the color of rendered text.  Not used with graphic
  # image pops.
  #
    Dmg_State_Dur       = 40          # Default state effect duration
    # -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dmg_State_Durs[2]   = 60          # 2 second duration for stuns
    Dmg_State_Durs[3]   = 60          # 1 1/2 seconds for venom

end

# ** Atoa Module
$atoa_script = {} if $atoa_script.nil?
$atoa_script['Atoa StatePops'] = true

# ** RPG::Sprite
# Class that manages Sprites exhibition

class RPG::Sprite < ::Sprite
  # * Alias Listings
  alias status_pops_damage damage
  # * Set Damage Pop
  #     value     : Damage value
  #     critical  : Critical flag
  #     sp_damage : SP Damage flag
  def damage(value, critical, sp_damage = nil)
    # Create temporary damage state array
    temp_dmg_states = []
    # Push new damage states into array
    temp_dmg_states += @battler.state_to_add unless @battler.state_to_add == []
    # Perform the original call
    status_pops_damage(value, critical, sp_damage)
    return if temp_dmg_states == []
    # Take only up to the max number of states to show
    temp_dmg_states = temp_dmg_states[0,Atoa::Dmg_State_Max]
    # Reverse order if drawing above normal damage pop
    temp_dmg_states.reverse if Dmg_State_Y_Adjust < 0
    # Cycle through temporary damage state array
    for i in 0..temp_dmg_states.size-1
      # Get state ID from list
      state_id = temp_dmg_states[i]
      # Skip if the state is a no-show state (no pop)
      next if Atoa::Dmg_State_Skip.include?(state_id)
      # Get height position)
      state_ht = (i * Atoa::Dmg_State_Height) + Dmg_State_Y_Adjust
      # Determine if a valid graphic exists or if text
      test_pop = false
      begin
        testbitmap = RPG::Cache.digits(Atoa::Dmg_State_Pops[state_id])
      rescue
        test_pop = true
      end     
      # Branch if text pop or graphic
      if test_pop == true
        damage_state_pop_texts(i, state_id, state_ht)
      else
        damage_state_pop_graphics(i, state_id, state_ht)
      end
    end
  end
  # * Set State Damage Pop from Graphic
  #     i         : counter index of state in state pops applied
  #     state_id  : actual status ailment ID in database
  #     state_ht  : height position to be drawn in respect to pop
  def damage_state_pop_graphics(i, state_id, state_ht)
    # Determine last sprite drawn among all damage pops
    newpopsize = @_damage_sprites.size
    # Get duration for individual state
    state_dur = Atoa::Dmg_State_Dur
    if Atoa::Dmg_State_Durs.has_key?(state_id)
      state_dur = Atoa::Dmg_State_Durs[state_id]
    end
    # Grab the actual image from the folder
    bitmap    = RPG::Cache.digits(Atoa::Dmg_State_Pops[state_id])
    # Set sprite number, delay and x/y position
    j         = newpopsize + i
    x         = Dmg_State_X_Adjust
    y         = state_ht - self.oy / 3
    # Draw the state damage sprite
    damage_state_sprite_drawing(bitmap, state_dur, dmg_delay, j, x, y)
  end
  # * Set State Damage Pop from Text
  #     i         : counter index of state in state pops applied
  #     state_id  : actual status ailment ID in database
  #     state_ht  : height position to be drawn in respect to pop
  def damage_state_pop_texts(i, state_id, state_ht)
    # Determine last sprite drawn among all damage pops
    newpopsize = @_damage_sprites.size
    # Get duration for individual state
    state_dur = Atoa::Dmg_State_Dur
    if Atoa::Dmg_State_Durs.has_key?(state_id)
      state_dur = Atoa::Dmg_State_Durs[state_id]
    end
    # Get damage pop string from state ID
    damage_string = Atoa::Dmg_State_Pops[state_id]
    # Either use the default name or exit if no replacement string
    if damage_string.nil?
      if Atoa::Dmg_Default_Text == true
        damage_string = $data_states[state_id].name
      else
        return
      end
    end
    # Get the color for the status damage pop
    state_color = Atoa::Dmg_State_Color
    if Atoa::Dmg_State_Colors.has_key?(state_id)
      state_color = Atoa::Dmg_State_Colors[state_id]
    end
    # Set the color
    pop_damage_color = [state_color[0], state_color[1], state_color[2]]
    # Cycle through individual letters in text
    for k in 0...damage_string.size
      # Obtain letter
      letter = damage_string[k..k]
      # Create new bitmap for letter and draw
      bitmap = Bitmap.new(160, 48)
      bitmap.font.name = Damage_Font
      bitmap.font.size = Dmg_Font_Size
      # Set black font outline and draw outline
      bitmap.draw_text(-1, 12-1,160, 36, letter, 1)
      bitmap.draw_text(+1, 12-1,160, 36, letter, 1)
      bitmap.draw_text(-1, 12+1,160, 36, letter, 1)
      bitmap.draw_text(+1, 12+1,160, 36, letter, 1)
      # Set pop color and draw text
      bitmap.font.color.set(*pop_damage_color)
      bitmap.draw_text(0, 12,160, 36, letter, 1)
      # Set sprite number, delay and x/y position
      j         = newpopsize + k
      x         = Dmg_State_X_Adjust + 32 + k * Dmg_Space - (damage_string.size * 8)
      y         = state_ht - self.oy / 3
      # Draw the state damage sprite
      damage_state_sprite_drawing(bitmap, state_dur, dmg_delay, j, x, y)
    end
  end
  # * Set State Damage Pop from Text
  #     bitmap    : bitmap passed into drawn sprite
  #     state_dur : amount of delay adjusted for individual state
  #     delay     : amount of delay adjusted for characters in pop
  #     count     : counter for individual sprite drawn (increases for each)
  #     x         : x-position of damage pop sprite being adjusted
  #     y         : y-position of damage pop sprite being adjusted
  def damage_state_sprite_drawing(bitmap, state_dur, delay, count, x, y)
  # Change X position if actor (0px) or enemy (left 45px)
x += (@battler.is_a?(Game_Actor)) ? 0 : -99

dmg_adjust = Damage_Sprite ? 32 : 96
    @_damage_sprites[count] = ::Sprite.new(self.viewport)
    @_damage_sprites[count].bitmap  = bitmap
    @_damage_sprites[count].ox      = dmg_adjust
    @_damage_sprites[count].oy      = 20
    @_damage_sprites[count].x = self.x + Dmg_X_Adjust + x
    @_damage_sprites[count].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust + y
    @_damage_sprites[count].z = state_dur + 3000 + dmg_delay * 2
    @_damage_sprites[count].opacity = 0         
  end
end

KK20

In the Status Effects script, near the end

@_damage_sprites[count].x = self.x + Dmg_X_Adjust + x
    @_damage_sprites[count].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust + y

add these to the end of them

@_damage_sprites[count].x = self.x + Dmg_X_Adjust + x + damage_adjust[0]
    @_damage_sprites[count].y = self.y + Dmg_Y_Adjust + y + damage_adjust[1]

Other Projects

koktengri

October 19, 2016, 07:09:41 am #12 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:16:14 am by koktengri
Thanks, it worked again. I know that Im killing your nerves right now, but I've one final issue where I am stuck.
Its regarding the Battle Camera addon. It basically installs a camera that zooms in and out during certain actions. Almost everything with that works except for some issues.
I wanted to check if your added adjusts work with the Battle Camera addon since Im using it in my project anyway, but even before I can do that theres a problem. Because even If I dont use adjust or center command, the animations such as status animations on battlers like poison and things like timemeter from the ATB addon "slide" when the game zooms in and out which is wrong and kinda looks odd. The animations and the timemeter are not fixed in their position which they should be, they slide when the game zooms.
The Timemeter bar is from the Atoa ATB - also one of his addons.
If you dont know what I mean, I've prepared a picture.

Do you have a solution for that?
Thanks. For everything.
Koktengri.

I can't post Atoas ATB because its too long. So this is a direct link then:
https://workupload.com/file/ZkpZ4CJ

# Battle Camera
# by Atoa
# This script allow you to add an camera movement and zoom system
# during battle
#
# Don't work with the Add-On 'Chrono Trigger Battle'

module Atoa

# Do not remove these lines
  Zoom_Actions = {}
  Zoom_Skills = {}
  Zoom_Items = {}
  Zoom_Weapons = {}
  # Do not remove these lines

# Add zoom effect to target arrows?
  Arrow_Zoom = false

# Add zoom effect to damage exhibition?
  Damage_Zoom = false

# Zoom transition speed, the lower, the faster
  Zoom_Speed = 10.0

#=============================================================================
  # Basic Camera Movement Settings
  # Here you can set the default movement and zoom settings
  # These settings are applied to *all* actions of an set type, unless it
  # has it's own settings
  #
  # Zoom_Actions['Condition'] = ['Type', intensity, adjust x, adjust y]
  #
  # 'Condition' = Condition that the zoom will be applied
  #    Must be one of the following values:
  #    'reset' = Default Setting, uConfiguração padrão, usado quando nenhuma ação está sendo feita.
  #    'active_battler' = used during the actor action selection
  #    'select_ally' = used during the selection of single target actor
  #    'select_enemy' = used during the selection of single target enemy
  #    'select_self' = used during the selection of user
  #    'select_all_allies' = used during the selection of all allies
  #    'select_all_enemies' = used during the selection of all enemies
  #    'select_all_battlers' = used during the selection of all battlers
  #    'action_active' = used during the battler action start
  #    'action_ally' = used during actions wich the target is a single ally
  #    'action_enemy' = used during actions wich the target is a single enemy
  #    'action_self' = used during action wich the target is the user
  #    'action_all_allies' = used during action wich the targets are all allies
  #    'action_all_enemies' = used during action wich the targets are all enemies
  #    'action_all_battlers' = used during action wich the targets are all battlers
  #    'intro_lock_on' = used during the battle intro, centering the camera on an battler
  #    'victory_lock_on' = used during the battle end, centering the camera on an battler
  #
  # 'Type' = type of zoom applied
  #    Must be one of the following value:
  #    'lock_on_screen' = center the move on the screen
  #    'lock_on_group' = center the move on the group (allies on enemies) depending
  #       on the action
  #    'lock_on_battler' = center the move on the battler, using as reference the
  #       "base" of the battler, don't following him during jumps or lauchs.
  #    'lock_on_move' = center the move on the battler, following all movements.
  #
  # intensity = zoom intensity. Numeric value, can be decilams. Defualt = 1.0
  #    if the value is 1.0, the camera returns to the original size
  #    values lower than 1.0 reduces the sprites size, causing an zoom out.
  #    values higher than 1.0 increases the sprites size, causing an zoom in.
  #
  # adjust x = camera movement X position adjust
  # adjust y = camera movement Y position adjust
  #
  # IMPORTANTE: Don't remove any of these settings.
  # If you don't want that an zoom effect to be used, change the valoe of the
  # setting to: Zoom_Actions['type'] = nil

Zoom_Actions['reset'] = ['lock_on_screen', 1.0, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['active_battler'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['select_ally'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.2, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['select_enemy'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.2, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['select_self'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.5, 0, 0]   #eig 1.5
  Zoom_Actions['select_all_allies'] = ['lock_on_group', 0.8, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['select_all_enemies'] = ['lock_on_group', 0.8, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['select_all_battlers'] = ['lock_on_screen', 0.7, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_active'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.1, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_ally'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.1, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_enemy'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.1, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_self'] = ['lock_on_battler', 1.5, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_all_allies'] = ['lock_on_group', 0.8, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_all_enemies'] = ['lock_on_group', 0.8, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['action_all_battlers'] = ['lock_on_screen', 0.7, 0, 0]
  Zoom_Actions['intro_lock_on'] = nil
  Zoom_Actions['victory_lock_on'] = nil

# OBS.: the options 'intro_lock_on' and 'victory_lock_on', if used together with
  #   the "Battle Cry" functions, will make the camera center on the battler
  #   selected to execute the battle cry, otherwise the battler will be random.
  #   You can use 'Script Calls' to specify one battler to be the target or
  #   cancel this effect for the next battle.
  #
  #   Lock the camera on the battle intro on the actor with ID = X
  #   $game_temp.lock_actor_intro = X
  #
  #   Lock the camera on the battle end on the actor with ID = X
  #   $game_temp.lock_actor_victory = X
  #
  #   Lock the camera on the battle intro on the actor with INDEX = X
  #   $game_temp.lock_enemy_intro = X
  #
  #   Travar movimento de câmera  de vitória no inimigo de INDEX igual a X
  #   $game_temp.lock_enemy_victory = X
  #
  #  OBS.: for enemies, the value are NOT the enemy ID, it's the INDEX.
  #   the value according to his position on the Enemy Troop
  #
  #  Cancel the battle intro camera movement
  #   $game_temp.no_intro_lock = true
  #
  #  Cancel the battle end camera movement
  #   $game_temp.no_victory_lock = true

# Specific Camera Movement Settings
  # Here you can set specific camera movement for each action.
  # The values here igonres the settings of the basic settings.
  # You only need to add the values that will be changed, for the values not added
  # the default values will be used
  #
  # Zoom_Skills[ID da Skill] = { 'Condition' => ['Type', intensity, adjust x, adjust y] }
  # Zoom_Items[ID da Skill] = { 'Condition' => ['Type', intensity, adjust x, adjust y] }
  # Zoom_Weapons[ID da Skill] = { 'Condition' => ['Type', intensity, adjust x, adjust y] }

Zoom_Skills[57] = {'action_active'=> ['lock_on_battler', 2.0, 0, 0],
                      'action_enemy' => ['lock_on_battler', 2.0, 0, 0]}
  Zoom_Skills[126] = {'action_active'=> ['lock_on_battler', 2.0, 0, -48],
                       'action_enemy' => ['lock_on_move', 2.0, 0, -48]}
  Zoom_Skills[127] = {'action_active'=> ['lock_on_battler', 2.0, 0, -48],
  Zoom_Skills[128] = {'action_active'=> ['lock_on_battler', 2.0, 0, -48],

Zoom_Weapons[17] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[18] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[19] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[20] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[21] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[22] = {'action_active'=> nil}
  Zoom_Weapons[23] = {'action_active'=> nil}

# Settings for Camera Movement Priority
  # To avoid tha certain camera movements cancel other movements that
  # you might consider more important, this settings was added.
  # Effects with values higher or equal to the current effect overlaps it.
  # If the value is lower, the current movement effect isn't applied
  Zoom_Priority = {
    'reset' => 10,
    'active_battler' => 4,
    'select_ally' => 5,
    'select_enemy' => 5,
    'select_self' => 8,
    'select_all_allies' => 6,
    'select_all_enemies' => 6,
    'select_all_battlers' => 6,
    'action_active' => 1,
    'action_ally' => 2,
    'action_enemy' => 2,
    'action_self' => 5,
    'action_all_allies' => 3,
    'action_all_enemies' => 3,
    'action_all_battlers' => 3,
    'intro_lock_on' => 7,
    'victory_lock_on' => 7
  }

end

# ** Atoa Module
$atoa_script = {} if $atoa_script.nil?
$atoa_script['Atoa Battle Camera'] = true

# ** RPG::Sprite
# Class that manages Sprites exhibition

class RPG::Sprite < ::Sprite
  # * Set animation frame info
  #     sprite      : animation sprite
  #     cell_data   : cell info
  #     index       : index
  #     anim_mirror : invert animation
  def set_sprite_cell_data(sprite, cell_data, index, anim_mirror = false)
    sprite.x += (anim_mirror ? - cell_data[index, 1] : cell_data[index, 1])  * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    sprite.y += cell_data[index, 2] * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    sprite.zoom_x = (cell_data[index, 3] / 100.0) * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    sprite.zoom_y = (cell_data[index, 3] / 100.0) * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    sprite.angle = cell_data[index, 4]
    sprite.mirror = (cell_data[index, 5] == 1)
    sprite.opacity = cell_data[index, 6] * self.opacity / 255.0
    sprite.blend_type = cell_data[index, 7]
  end 
end

# ** Object
# Superclass of all other classes.

class Object
  # * Adjust position X according to the Zoom
  #     value : adjust value
  def adjust_x_to_zoom(value)
    return (value * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value) + $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_x - ($game_temp.center_adj_x / 2)
  end
  #-------------------Y according to the Zoom
  #     value : adjust value
  def adjust_y_to_zoom(value)
    return (value * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value) + $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_y - ($game_temp.center_adj_y / 2)
  end
end

# ** Sprite_Damage
# Classe que gerencia a exibição de dano

class Sprite_Damage < Sprite
  # * Object Initialization
  #     sprite   : damage sprite
  #     init_x   : initial X postion
  #     init_y   : initial Y position
  #     duration : damage duration
  #     mirror   : invert movement
  #     index    : index
  alias initialize_zoom initialize
  def initialize(sprite, init_x, init_y, duration, mirror, index)
    initialize_zoom(sprite, init_x, init_y, duration, mirror, index)
    adj_x = Damage_Zoom ? sprite.x - index *  Dmg_Space : sprite.x
    @sprite_x = (adj_x - $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_x + ($game_temp.center_adj_x / 2)) / $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    @sprite_y = (sprite.y - $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_y + ($game_temp.center_adj_y / 2)) / $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    self.zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Damage_Zoom
    self.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Damage_Zoom
  end
  # * Frame Update
  alias update_zoom update
  def update
    update_zoom
    unless self.nil? or self.disposed?
      self.zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Damage_Zoom
      self.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Damage_Zoom
      adj_x = Damage_Zoom ? @sprite_x + @index * Dmg_Space : @sprite_x
      self.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(adj_x)
      self.y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@sprite_y)
    end
  end
end

# ** Game_Temp
#  This class handles temporary data that is not included with save data.
#  Refer to "$game_temp" for the instance of this class.

class Game_Temp
  # * Public Instance Variables
  attr_accessor :zoom_value
  attr_accessor :zoom_adj_x
  attr_accessor :zoom_adj_y
  attr_accessor :temp_zoom_value
  attr_accessor :temp_zoom_adj_x
  attr_accessor :temp_zoom_adj_y
  attr_accessor :center_adj_x
  attr_accessor :center_adj_y
  attr_accessor :zoom_plus_x
  attr_accessor :zoom_plus_y
  attr_accessor :zoom_plus_z
  attr_accessor :lock_actor_intro
  attr_accessor :lock_enemy_intro
  attr_accessor :lock_actor_victory
  attr_accessor :lock_enemy_victory
  attr_accessor :no_intro_lock
  attr_accessor :no_victory_lock
  def initialize
    @zoom_value = 1.0
    @zoom_adj_x = 0
    @zoom_adj_y = 0
    @temp_zoom_value = 1.0
    @temp_zoom_adj_x = 0
    @temp_zoom_adj_y = 0
    @center_adj_x = 0
    @center_adj_y = 0
    @zoom_plus_x = 0
    @zoom_plus_y = 0
    @zoom_plus_z = 0
    initialize_zoom
  end
end

# ** Spriteset_Battle
#  This class brings together battle screen sprites. It's used within
#  the Scene_Battle class.

class Spriteset_Battle
  attr_accessor :zoom_value
  attr_accessor :zoom_adj_x
  attr_accessor :zoom_adj_y
  def initialize
    @zoom_value = $game_temp.zoom_value
    @zoom_adj_x = $game_temp.zoom_adj_x
    @zoom_adj_y = $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
    $game_temp.zoom_value = 1.0
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = 0
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = 0
    initialize_zoom
  end
  # * Frame Update
  alias update_zoom update
  def update
    zoom_update
    update_zoom
  end
  # * Update Zoom
  def zoom_update
    update_zoom_value
    @battleback_sprite.zoom_x = @zoom_value
    @battleback_sprite.zoom_y = @zoom_value
    @battleback_sprite.x = @zoom_adj_x - ($game_temp.center_adj_x / 2)
    @battleback_sprite.y = @zoom_adj_y - ($game_temp.center_adj_y / 2)
    if @panorama != nil
      @panorama.zoom_x = @zoom_value
      @panorama.zoom_y = @zoom_value
      @panorama.x = @zoom_adj_x - ($game_temp.center_adj_x / 2)
      @panorama.y = @zoom_adj_y - ($game_temp.center_adj_y / 2)
    end
    if @fog != nil
      @fog.zoom_x = $game_map.fog_zoom *  @zoom_value / 100.0
      @fog.zoom_y = $game_map.fog_zoom *  @zoom_value / 100.0
      @fog.x = @zoom_adj_x - ($game_temp.center_adj_x / 2)
      @fog.y = @zoom_adj_y - ($game_temp.center_adj_y / 2)
    end
  end
  # * Update zoom values
  def update_zoom_value
    if @zoom_value < $game_temp.zoom_value
      @zoom_value = [@zoom_value + $game_temp.zoom_plus_z, $game_temp.zoom_value].min
    elsif @zoom_value > $game_temp.zoom_value
      @zoom_value = [@zoom_value - $game_temp.zoom_plus_z, $game_temp.zoom_value].max
    end
    if @zoom_adj_x < $game_temp.zoom_adj_x
      @zoom_adj_x = [@zoom_adj_x + $game_temp.zoom_plus_x, $game_temp.zoom_adj_x].min
    elsif @zoom_adj_x > $game_temp.zoom_adj_x
      @zoom_adj_x = [@zoom_adj_x - $game_temp.zoom_plus_x, $game_temp.zoom_adj_x].max
    end
    if @zoom_adj_y < $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
      @zoom_adj_y = [@zoom_adj_y + $game_temp.zoom_plus_y, $game_temp.zoom_adj_y].min
    elsif @zoom_adj_y > $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
      @zoom_adj_y = [@zoom_adj_y - $game_temp.zoom_plus_y, $game_temp.zoom_adj_y].max
    end
    $game_temp.temp_zoom_value = @zoom_value
    $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_x = @zoom_adj_x
    $game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_y = @zoom_adj_y
    $game_temp.center_adj_x = 640 * (@zoom_value - 1.0)
    $game_temp.center_adj_y = 560 * (@zoom_value - 1.0)
  end
  # * Battleback update
  alias update_battleback_zoom update_battleback
  def update_battleback
    update_battleback_zoom
    if @battleback_sprite.bitmap != nil
      @battleback_sprite.ox = (@battleback_width  - 640) / 2
      @battleback_sprite.oy = (@battleback_height - 480) / 2
    end
  end
end

# ** Sprite_Battler
#  This sprite is used to display the battler.It observes the Game_Character
#  class and automatically changes sprite conditions.

class Sprite_Battler < RPG::Sprite
  # * Battler position update
  alias update_position_zoom update_position
  def update_position
    self.zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    self.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    update_position_zoom
    if @shadow != nil
      @shadow.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@battler.actual_x)
      @shadow.y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@battler.actual_y)
      @shadow.zoom_x = (@frame_width * 0.5 / @shadow.bitmap.width) * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
      @shadow.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    end
  end
  # * Get battler real X postion
  def actual_x_position
    return adjust_x_to_zoom(@actual_x + set_adjust[0])
  end
  # * Get battler real Y postion
  def actual_y_position
    return adjust_y_to_zoom(@actual_y + set_adjust[1])
  end
end

# ** Throw_Sprite
#  This sprite is used to display throw animations.

class Throw_Sprite < RPG::Sprite
  # * Current position update
  def update_current_position
    self.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@actual_x)
    actual_y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@actual_y)
    arc_ajdust = (@arc_ajdust * $game_temp.temp_zoom_value).to_i
    if @boomerang
      self.y = [actual_y + arc_ajdust, actual_y].max
    else
      self.y = [actual_y - arc_ajdust, actual_y].min
    end
    self.z = self.y + 100
    self.zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
    self.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Enemy
#  This arrow cursor is used to choose enemies. This class inherits from the
#  Arrow_Base class.

class Arrow_Enemy < Arrow_Base
  # * Update cursor position
  def update_arrows
    self.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(self.enemy.actual_x)
    self.y = adjust_y_to_zoom(self.enemy.actual_y)
    self.zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Arrow_Zoom
    self.zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Arrow_Zoom
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Actor
#  This arrow cursor is used to choose an actor. This class inherits from the
#  Arrow_Base class.

class Arrow_Actor < Arrow_Base
  def update_arrows
    self.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(self.actor.actual_x)
    self.y = adjust_y_to_zoom(self.actor.actual_y)
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Self
# This arrow cursor is used to choose the user.

class Arrow_Self < Arrow_Base
  def update_arrows
    self.x = adjust_x_to_zoom(self.actor.actual_x)
    self.y = adjust_y_to_zoom(self.actor.actual_y)
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Actor_All
#  This arrow cursor is used to choose all actors.

class Arrow_Actor_All < Arrow_Base
  #     index : index
  def update_arrows(index)
    @arrows[index].x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@arrows[index].actor.actual_x)
    @arrows[index].y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@arrows[index].actor.actual_y)
    @arrows[index].zoom_x = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Arrow_Zoom
    @arrows[index].zoom_y = $game_temp.temp_zoom_value if Arrow_Zoom
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Enemy_All
#  This arrow cursor is used to choose all enemies.

class Arrow_Enemy_All < Arrow_Base
  def update_arrows(index)
    @arrows[index].x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@arrows[index].enemy.actual_x)
    @arrows[index].y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@arrows[index].enemy.actual_y)
  end
end

# ** Arrow_Battler_All
#  This arrow cursor is used to choose all battlers.

class Arrow_Battler_All < Arrow_Base
  # * Update cursor position for actors
  def update_arrows_actor(index)
    @arrows[index].x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@arrows[index].actor.actual_x)
    @arrows[index].y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@arrows[index].actor.actual_y)
    @arrows[index].z = 3000
  end
  # * Update cursor position for enemies
  def update_arrows_enemy(index)
    @arrows[index].x = adjust_x_to_zoom(@arrows[index].enemy.actual_x)
    @arrows[index].y = adjust_y_to_zoom(@arrows[index].enemy.actual_y)
  end
end

# ** Game_Battler
#  This class deals with battlers. It's used as a superclass for the Game_Actor
#  and Game_Enemy classes.

class Game_Battler
  attr_accessor :sprite_x
  attr_accessor :sprite_y
  def initialize
    initialize_zoom
    @sprite_x = 0
    @sprite_y = 0
  end
  # * Set target center action
  def action_target_center
    @target_x = $scene.spriteset.battleback_width / 2
    @target_y = $scene.spriteset.battleback_height / 2
  end
end

# ** Scene_Battle
#  This class performs battle screen processing.

class Scene_Battle
  # * Termination Processing
  alias terminate_zoom terminate
  def terminate
    terminate_zoom
    $game_temp.zoom_value = 1.0
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = 0
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = 0
  end
  # * Set intro battlecry
  alias set_intro_battlecry_zoom set_intro_battlecry
  def set_intro_battlecry
    @zoom_postion_adj = [0, 0]
    set_zoom_postion('reset')
    set_intro_battlecry_zoom
    if Zoom_Actions['intro_lock_on'] != nil and not $game_temp.no_intro_lock
      actors = []
      battler_zoom = nil
      for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size
        actors << $game_party.actors[i] unless $game_party.actors[i].restriction == 4
      end
      actor = actors[rand(actors.size)]
      battler_zoom = actor if actor != nil
      if @intro_battlercry_battler != nil
        battler_zoom = @intro_battlercry_battler
      end
      if $game_temp.lock_enemy_intro != nil
        enemy = $game_troop.enemies[$game_temp.lock_enemy_intro]
        battler_zoom = enemy if enemy != nil and enemy.exist?
      end
      if $game_temp.lock_actor_intro != nil
        battler = $game_actors[$game_temp.lock_actor_intro]
        battler_zoom = battler if battler != nil and $game_party.actors.include?(battler) and not battler.restriction == 4
      end
      set_zoom_postion('intro_lock_on', battler_zoom, battler_zoom) if battler_zoom != nil
    end
    update_graphics
    @spriteset.zoom_value = $game_temp.zoom_value
    @spriteset.zoom_adj_x = $game_temp.zoom_adj_x
    @spriteset.zoom_adj_y = $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
    update_graphics
  end
  # * Set allies victory battlecry
  alias set_victory_battlecry_zoom set_victory_battlecry
  def set_victory_battlecry
    set_victory_battlecry_zoom
    if Zoom_Actions['victory_lock_on'] != nil and not $game_temp.no_victory_lock
      battler_zoom = nil
      battler_zoom = @last_active_actor if @last_active_actor != nil
      battler_zoom = @victory_battlercry_battler if @victory_battlercry_battler != nil
      if $game_temp.lock_actor_victory != nil
        battler = $game_actors[$game_temp.lock_actor_victory]
        battler_zoom = battler if battler != nil and $game_party.actors.include?(battler) and not battler.restriction == 4
      end
      set_zoom_postion('victory_lock_on', battler_zoom, battler_zoom) if battler_zoom != nil
    end
  end
  # * Set Victory battlecry for enemies
  alias set_enemy_victory_battlecry_zoom set_enemy_victory_battlecry
  def set_enemy_victory_battlecry
    set_enemy_victory_battlecry_zoom
    if Zoom_Actions['victory_lock_on'] != nil and not $game_temp.no_victory_lock
      battler_zoom = nil
      battler_zoom = @last_active_enemy if @last_active_enemy != nil
      battler_zoom = @victory_battlercry_enemy if @victory_battlercry_enemy != nil
      if $game_temp.lock_enemy_victory != nil
        battler = $game_troop.enemies[$game_temp.lock_enemy_victory]
        battler_zoom = battler if battler != nil and battler.exist? and
            $game_troop.enemies.include?(battler) and not battler.restriction == 4
      end
      set_zoom_postion('victory_lock_on', battler_zoom, battler_zoom) if battler_zoom != nil
    end
  end
  # * Battle Ends
  #     result : results (0:win 1:escape 2:lose 3:abort)
  alias battle_end_zoom battle_end
  def battle_end(result)
    battle_end_zoom(result)
    $game_temp.lock_actor_intro = nil
    $game_temp.lock_enemy_intro = nil
    $game_temp.lock_actor_victory = nil
    $game_temp.lock_enemy_victory = nil
    $game_temp.no_intro_lock = nil
    $game_temp.no_victory_lock = nil
  end
  # * Start Party Command Phase
  alias start_phase2_zoom start_phase2
  def start_phase2
    start_phase2_zoom
    set_zoom_postion('reset') unless $atoa_script['Atoa ATB'] or $atoa_script['Atoa CTB']
  end
  # * Start Main Phase
  alias start_phase4_zoom start_phase4
  def start_phase4
    start_phase4_zoom
  end 
  # * Update Graphics
  alias update_graphics_zoom update_graphics
  def update_graphics
    update_graphics_zoom
    update_zoom
  end
  # * Update ATB
  alias atb_update_zoom atb_update if $atoa_script['Atoa ATB']
  def atb_update
    if @active_battler.nil? and @input_battler.nil? and @active_battlers.empty? and
       @input_battlers.empty?
    end
    atb_update_zoom
  end
  # * Update CTB
  alias ctb_update_zoom ctb_update if $atoa_script['Atoa CTB']
  def ctb_update
    if @active_battler.nil? and @input_battler.nil? and @active_battlers.empty? and
       @input_battlers.empty?
    end
    ctb_update_zoom
  end
  # * Update zoom
  def update_zoom
    plus_x = @zoom_postion_adj[0]
    plus_y = @zoom_postion_adj[1]
    zoom_spd = @zoom_postion_adj[4].nil? ? Zoom_Speed.to_f : @zoom_postion_adj[4].to_f
    case @zoom_type
    when 'lock_on_battler'
      if @locked_battler != nil
       $game_temp.zoom_value = @zoom_effect
        $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = (320 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((@locked_battler.actual_x + plus_x) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
        $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = (240 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((@locked_battler.actual_y + plus_y) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
      end
    when 'lock_on_move'
      if @locked_battler != nil
        sprite = @spriteset.battler(@locked_battler)
        $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = (320 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((sprite.x + plus_x) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
        $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = (240 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((sprite.y + plus_y) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
      end
    when 'lock_on_group'
      party_x = 0
      party_y = 0
      @locked_party = @locked_party.nil? ? (@locked_battler.actor? ? $game_party.actors.dup : $game_troop.enemies.dup) : @locked_party
      for member in @locked_party
        party_x += member.base_x
        party_y += member.base_y
      end
      party_x /= [@locked_party.size, 1].max
      party_y /= [@locked_party.size, 1].max
      $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = (320 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((party_x + plus_x) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
      $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = (240 * $game_temp.zoom_value) - ((party_y + plus_y) * $game_temp.zoom_value)
    when 'lock_on_screen'
      $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = plus_x
      $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = plus_y
    end
    max_zoom_x = 640.0 / @spriteset.battleback_width
    max_zoom_y = 480.0 / @spriteset.battleback_height
    $game_temp.zoom_value = [$game_temp.zoom_value, (max_zoom_x > max_zoom_y ? max_zoom_x : max_zoom_y)].max
    max_x = [(@spriteset.battleback_width.to_f * $game_temp.zoom_value) - 640, 0].max
    max_y = [(@spriteset.battleback_height.to_f * $game_temp.zoom_value) - 480, 0].max
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_x = [[$game_temp.zoom_adj_x, - max_x / 2].max, max_x / 2].min
    $game_temp.zoom_adj_y = [[$game_temp.zoom_adj_y, - max_y / 2].max, max_y / 2].min
    if @old_type != @zoom_type or @old_zoom_adj_x != $game_temp.zoom_adj_x or @old_zoom_adj_y != $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
      @old_type = @zoom_type
      @old_zoom_adj_x = $game_temp.zoom_adj_x
      @old_zoom_adj_y = $game_temp.zoom_adj_y
      @min_move = @zoom_type == 'lock_on_battler' ? @min_move + 2.0 : 1.0
      @zoom_adj_z = [(($game_temp.temp_zoom_value - $game_temp.zoom_value) / zoom_spd).abs, 0.01].max
      @zoom_adj_x = [(($game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_x - $game_temp.zoom_adj_x) / zoom_spd).abs, @min_move].max
      @zoom_adj_y = [(($game_temp.temp_zoom_adj_y - $game_temp.zoom_adj_y) / zoom_spd).abs, @min_move].max
    end
    $game_temp.zoom_plus_z = @zoom_adj_z
    $game_temp.zoom_plus_x = @zoom_adj_x
    $game_temp.zoom_plus_y = @zoom_adj_y
    update_sprite_position
  end
  # * Update sprites position
  def update_sprite_position
    for battler in $game_party.actors + $game_troop.enemies
      sprite = @spriteset.battler(battler)
      next if sprite.nil? or sprite.disposed?
      battler.sprite_x = sprite.x
      battler.sprite_y = sprite.y
    end
  end
  # * Set zoom postion
  #     type   : zoom type
  #     target : target position
  #     active : active battler
  def set_zoom_postion(type, target = nil, active = nil)
    if active != nil and active.now_action != nil
      case active.now_action
      when RPG::Weapon
        if Zoom_Weapons[now_id(active)] != nil and
           Zoom_Weapons[now_id(active)].keys.include?(type)
          zoom_settings(Zoom_Weapons[now_id(active)][type], target)
          return
        end
      when RPG::Skill
        if Zoom_Skills[now_id(active)] != nil and
           Zoom_Skills[now_id(active)].keys.include?(type)
          zoom_settings(Zoom_Skills[now_id(active)][type], target)
          return
        end
      when RPG::Item
        if Zoom_Items[now_id(active)] != nil and
           Zoom_Items[now_id(active)].keys.include?(type)
          zoom_settings(Zoom_Items[now_id(active)][type], target)
          return
        end
      end
    end
    zoom_settings(Zoom_Actions[type], target)
  end
  # * Set zoom settings
  #     type   : zoom type
  #     target : target position
  def zoom_settings(type, target)
    return if type.nil?
    return if Zoom_Priority[@zoom_type] != nil and Zoom_Priority[@zoom_type] > Zoom_Priority[type]
    @zoom_type = type[0]
    @zoom_effect = type[1]
    @zoom_postion_adj = [type[2].nil? ? 0.0 : type[2], type[3].nil? ? 0.0 : type[3]]
    if target.nil?
      @locked_battler = nil
      @locked_party = nil
      @min_move = 1.0
      return
    elsif target.is_a?(Game_Battler)
      @locked_battler = target
      @locked_party = nil
      @min_move = (type == 'lock_on_battler' or type == 'lock_on_battler') ? 2.0 : 1.0
      return
    elsif target.is_a?(Array)
      @locked_battler = nil
      @locked_party = target
      @min_move = 1.0
      return
    end
  end
  # * Actor Command Window Setup
  alias phase3_setup_command_window_zoom phase3_setup_command_window
  def phase3_setup_command_window
    phase3_setup_command_window_zoom
    set_zoom_postion('active_battler', @active_battler, @active_battler)
  end
  # * Frame Update (actor command phase : actor selection)
  alias update_phase3_actor_select_zoom update_phase3_actor_select
  def update_phase3_actor_select
    set_zoom_postion('select_ally', $game_party.actors[@actor_arrow.index], @active_battler)
    set_zoom_postion('active_battler', @active_battler) if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
    update_phase3_actor_select_zoom
  end
  # * Frame Updat (actor command phase : enemy selection)
  alias update_phase3_enemy_select_zoom update_phase3_enemy_select
  def update_phase3_enemy_select
    set_zoom_postion('select_enemy', $game_troop.enemies[@enemy_arrow.index], @active_battler)
    update_phase3_enemy_select_zoom
  end
  # * Frame Update (actor command phase : all enemies selection)
  alias update_phase3_select_all_enemies_zoom update_phase3_select_all_enemies
  def update_phase3_select_all_enemies
    set_zoom_postion('select_all_enemies', $game_troop.enemies, @active_battler)
    update_phase3_select_all_enemies_zoom
  end
  # * Frame Update (actor command phase : all actors selection)
  alias update_phase3_select_all_actors_zoom update_phase3_select_all_actors
  def update_phase3_select_all_actors
    set_zoom_postion('select_all_allies', $game_party.actors, @active_battlerr)
    update_phase3_select_all_actors_zoom
  end
  # * Frame Update (actor command phase : all battlers selection)
  alias update_phase3_select_all_battlers_zoom update_phase3_select_all_battlers
  def update_phase3_select_all_battlers
    set_zoom_postion('select_all_battlers', $game_party.actors + $game_troop.enemies, @active_battler)
    update_phase3_select_all_battlers_zoom
  end
  # * Update battler phase 2 (part 1)
  #     battler : active battler
  alias step2_part1_zoom step2_part1
  def step2_part1(battler)
    @current_zoom_battler = battler
    step2_part1_zoom(battler)
    set_zoom_postion('action_active', battler, battler)
  end
  # * Update battler phase 3 (part 2)
  alias step3_part2_zoom step3_part2
  def step3_part2(battler)
    camera_targets = set_camera_target(battler)
    set_zoom_postion(camera_targets[0], camera_targets[1], battler)
    step3_part2_zoom(battler)
  end
  # * Update battler phase 5 (part 4)
  alias step5_part4_zoom step5_part4
  def step5_part4(battler)
    step5_part4_zoom(battler)
    set_zoom_postion('reset') if battler == @current_zoom_battler
    @current_zoom_battler = nil
  end
  # * Combination update battler phase 3 (part 2)
  alias combination_step3_part2_zoom combination_step3_part2 if $atoa_script['Atoa Combination']
  def combination_step3_part2(active)
    camera_targets = set_camera_target(active)
    set_zoom_postion(camera_targets[0], camera_targets[1], active)
    combination_step3_part2_zoom(battler)
  end
  # * Set movement init
  #     battler : battler
  alias set_move_init_zoom set_move_init
  def set_move_init(battler)
    set_move_init_zoom(battler)
    set_zoom_postion('action_active', battler, battler) if battler.moving?
  end
  # * Update movement return
  alias update_move_return_init_zoom update_move_return_init
  def update_move_return_init(battler)
    update_move_return_init_zoom(battler)
    set_zoom_postion('action_active', battler, battler) if battler.moving?
  end
  # * Set camera position
  def set_camera_target(battler)
    return ['action_enemy', battler.target_battlers[0]] if battler.now_action.nil?
    ext = check_extension(battler_action(battler), 'TARGET/')
    ext.slice!('TARGET/') unless ext.nil?
    if ext == 'ALLBATTLERS'
      return ['action_all_battlers', battler.target_battlers]
    elsif ext == 'ALLENEMIES' or battler.now_action.scope == 2 or
       (battler.now_action.scope == 1 and
       check_include(battler.now_action, 'RANDOM'))
      return ['action_all_enemies', battler.target_battlers]
    elsif ext == 'ALLALLIES' or battler.now_action.scope == 4 or
       (battler.now_action.scope == 3 and
       check_include(battler.now_action, 'RANDOM'))
      return ['action_all_allies', battler.target_battlers]
    end
    if battler.now_action.scope == 1
      return ['action_enemy', battler.target_battlers[0]]
    elsif battler.now_action.scope == 3
      return ['action_ally', battler.target_battlers[0]]
    elsif battler.now_action.scope == 7
      return ['action_self', battler.target_battlers[0]]
    end
    return ['action_self', battler]
  end
end

KK20

Yeah, I can't help with this one. The code is not pretty to look at and is quite confusing as to how things are working. There really is no easy fix, and that's all the time I really have for.

I can tell you that the ATB bar is supposed to be where it is; there's no compatibility with the camera and the script assumes the bars remain at a fixed location at all times. Writing code to make it move with the zooming and updating its position accordingly is enough of a headache.

Other Projects

koktengri

Oh I see.
Well, thank you really much for your help so far, It would took me much longer without you.
However, I request not to close this topic or mark this is resolved since Im still stuck with some issues.
Maybe some folks here by chance have a solution. And Im also going make some tests which will take some time. If I have the solution, then Im going to post it here.