Noob asking for help setting plugins

Started by GatsRoller, November 25, 2016, 01:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatsRoller

Hi there guys!

Been using RMXP for a month now, Im glad I have been able to figure most things by myself. I'm a total ignorant when it comes to the most basic scripting, I mean I'm still struggling with switches and autorun loops on every cutscene...

Well thing being I have downloaded most of XP's usefull scripts, including the tons of addons, and some of Tigurus' . But I have no idea how to set them up, now you might say "but they have instructions on the comments" well yes, but mmm they seem to be instructions for people that know what they are doing and what they are looking for.

Been looking for something like a "script editing tutorial" because Im not going to ask you guys how to set my plugins, just want to feel more confident following some additional instructions on how to do it, hopefully with visual aids...

Or I dont know, is there a serious online course to learn scripting? Im not giving up this hobby.

GatsRoller

Well seems I activated more than 2 incompatible addons at the same time, at some point something crashed and I couldnt go back, I just deleted all scripts, reloaded and kept tons of addons. I guess error and fix will eventually give me an idea what Im doing wrong lol

GatsRoller

Ok guys I have reached the point were I will have to admit I have no idea how to use add-ons. :facepalm:

Specifically with tons of addons, I turned "true" all the skills I wanted to have, but they are nowhere on the database. Also with the Stat Distribution System I can tell is there, but what it does is my character wont earn any exp at all... :huh:

I can tell here all scripts have like an "unspoken" set of instructions, maybe you are laughing right now, but I would really like to know. Im assuming I might have to edit some of the original script for it to recognize the new scripts? if so where and what should I put.  :???:

Blizzard

Make sure to check this topic if you haven't yet: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

It helps a lot when you understand that scripts are loaded from top to bottom and the lower scripts override the ones before them. I always tried to make my scripts very compatible with others' scripts so mine usually go at the bottom. Even the order between my own scripts is important since some scripts have optional features that are activated or have to behave differently if they "detect" that another one of my scripts was processed previously.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.