I would like information on Call Script Parameters

Started by Wraith89, June 15, 2017, 09:40:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith89

I know that the RMXP Event functions are quite limited, and realised "Call Script" can be used for such features. However, I am not sure how I would go on about it.

For example, I would like to get rid of a character's equipment entirely (or remove them to place it into the inventory), then how would I do it without using the Change Equipment feature and inputting every possible weapon he could hold?

Also for locked equipment, is there a way to call script to toggle locking?

I guess what I really am looking for is a list of parameters I can use for the Call Script feature which is not possible with regular Event functions.

KK20

By using "Change Equipment" and equipping "None" to any slot, you effectively unequip the weapon/armor and return it to the inventory. So...not sure what you are talking about making separate conditions for each item as that is clearly not necessary.

There is no built-in way to change fixed equipment for actors. There are some scripts out there that do a locked equipment add-on.

There are too many things you can do with script calls to even list them all. You're better off just asking what can and can't be done.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Wraith89

June 15, 2017, 07:05:30 pm #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:06:45 pm by Wraith89
Ah I guess I was not expressing myself clearly. I meant, you cannot really control whether the player decides to equip Iron Sword or Bronze Sword on Aluxes. So it was more of "unequip regardless of weapon type". If not, am I supposed to fill in every single equipment for which he can equip with the equip command? (I do not know if this came out right).

I have also tried things like setting enemies immortality on and off, which seemed to work. I was just wondering about other basic parameters which were not given a button on the command window.

KK20

Still not sure what you're saying. It sounds like you need a full script for that, not an event command or script call.

Yeah, immortal is kinda hidden to begin with in RM (having to right click a troop enemy to access it). Fortunately, Game_Battler's @immortal instance variable is "accessible", so you can access and modify it from anywhere. A lot of classes have these that, as mentioned before, are too much to list.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!