[RESOLVED]Changing Battle Transitions[XP]

Started by jayje, October 27, 2017, 07:33:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jayje

October 27, 2017, 07:33:58 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:49:13 pm by jayje
I'm trying to change THE based on the enemy you fight. one Transition for regular foes and another for boss fights. Any ideas welcome!

KK20

I don't understand why this is in script troubleshooting. There's an event command that changes the battle transition. You do Prepare for Transition, Battle Processing, and then Execute Transition (I think). You do this for your boss battles.

Meanwhile, enemy battle transitions are a setup option in the System tab.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

jayje

I tried that, but all I got was a blank transition that only works if you're teleporting from one place to another, not for battle. Unless I missed something.

KK20

Turns out that you do have to use a script. God dammit Enterbrain.

Thanks Zexion for graphic

This permanently changes the battle transition graphic in the System tab. So after the battle, make sure to do another script call to reset back to the original graphic.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

jayje

Ok. I had it backwards. I tried to use the line of code for Scene_Battle 1, but nothing happened. Thanks 8)

Heretic86

Script was correct.  You got screwed over by another Enterbrain bug in XP, the "Interpreter 355 Bug".

In Interpreter 7, def command_355, find this part of the code:

# Evaluation
    result = eval(script)
    # If return value is false
    if result == false
      # End
      return false
    end
    # Continue
    return true

You need to get rid of "return false".  Either delete it or put a # character in front of it to prevent it from running.

What happens is when you run a script with several lines, if the first line of the script doesnt produce "true" as it "evaluates", then the whole game just hangs there.  For example: "Script: foo = (@something == 1) ? true : false".  If foo is ever false, then the game will hang.

And yes, this needs to be changed in EVERY PROJECT you ever create.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

jayje