Player Housing

Started by whitespirits, January 16, 2018, 06:45:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whitespirits

Hello all, I have been scouting around for a player housing script that allows a player to buy a house and then drop furniture around that you can buy as an item. I have seen a good system using event spawner but it just seems really heavy with scripts and SDK. I also found a light event spawner for XP that could potentially work if a house scritpt was used with it.

Here is the housing I found that feels a little messy with the amount of scripts required.

http://save-point.org/thread-2128.html

The event spawner that is much lighter

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=49541.0

Thanks guys, I think this system would be a great thing for people to have!

KK20

Just wondering--is this supposed to work with netplay/online system?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

whitespirits

At the moment i would like it offline, I can get some 1 to adapt to an online server side system,

KK20

Why do you need an offline version then? Having both serves no purpose as they require two entirely different architectures when it comes to saving. It's not easy to just "turn this offline script into an online one plz" and expect it to be a quick resolution; it's practically an entire rewrite of the system--two completely different scripts.

You're better off asking someone to just make the online version, one who is familiar with the online system to begin with. You're not going to get help here.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

whitespirits

My thoughts were that events are saved server side automatically so it would be a case of an edit to make event spawner online as that would be the top and bottom of the items in house being seen, the actual house pickup and drop would be client side which effectively is offline, I was going to use items for each door like a key or a deed to determine the owners.