HOLY SHIT! Blizzard, the SPRITER!

Started by Blizzard, January 12, 2008, 09:17:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 12, 2008, 09:17:27 pm Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:12:20 am by Blizzard
The battlers were NOT made by me, I merely edited them. But the spritesets are by me. ;)

Rivy: ShowHide

Siegfried: ShowHide

Lucius: ShowHide

Faberell (alternative): ShowHide

Ariana: ShowHide

Nemesis: ShowHide

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

I think you should def. improve some of them before ou release CP. But for the most part, I think you also have spriting down pact!  ;D

Blizzard

I most probably will improve Siegfried someday, but the rest looks fine to me. Especially Faberell, since that spriteset will be visible only during one cutscene. >_>

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

Well, even if just for one scene, ya' know??

Blizzard

But it represents the battler very well, I don't see a problem with it.

Vell

yeah me neither, altho Lucius's one could do with improvement.

Blizzard

Vell

and the shoulders on Riv's CS could be improved, they dont look like the one on his battler

Blizzard

Actually they do, but they simply are not as big, because the proportions of the sprites are different than the battler's anyway. I tried using bigger things, but it looked dumb.

Calintz

I guess if you don't want to.....  :-\

Vell

oh, if it looked dumb then... yeah, I was just saying that in contrast the size differences didnt seem to match up but yeah, it looked dumb, then  yeah, keep as is.

Calintz

At any rate, the battlers are amazing!!

Blizzard

Sure they are. But they are not be me. >.< Hm... I just noticed that I posted the wrong battler of Faberell, the one with the shadow. I'll fix that.

Calintz

Nortos

I like Rivy and Faberell alternative alternative oh and Aiden's pretty cool

Fantasist

I always thought those battlers are awesome. Can you point me where you got them Bliz?

PS: And Aiden's sexy leg still reflects blue light instead of white if it bothers you :P
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Nah, blue is fine I'd say. I'll see.

Try phanxgames.com, they have the best charset and battler database IMO.

Nortos

yeah I think I saw a few that Blizz uses from that and some he must of recoloured?

Blizzard

Yeah, recolored and edited as well. <3 Photoshop

Nortos

I would of been screwed with my resources without it Oh I suppose paint.net but that isn't; as good :P

Sally

Lost_Hope

hey blizzy, you know that girl at the bottom right? well on a site it said she was holding a gun...look closley, she is holding a self waving fan like the japenese chicks used to carry around...

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 10:05:59 am #22 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:10:34 am by Blizzard
Here's the original pic, mine's resized, it's obviously a gun.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Look how she is holding it, this can't be a fan.

EDIT:

You can actually see the trigger.

Lost_Hope

Blizzard

January 23, 2008, 10:38:15 am #24 Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:55:00 am by Blizzard
Here's a version with increased contrast.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Lost_Hope

:-[ WAWAWA It won't let me look at it!my computer is gay!!!!!

Blizzard

No, it's not, but Imageshack is. <_<; *uploads again*

Lost_Hope

wait...it LOADED!...i see it.....very well hidden...from a distance it looks like a closed fan....

Dark Dragon

o o Blizz I made a one of Lucius before but it sucked cuz it want anti-alised >_>
Here see for your self :

!_!

Vell

I could see the trigger on the first thing... its not that hard to notice if ur lookin for it...

dark-archangel

Blizzard

Sadly, I don't know. There were no credits with those battlers where I found them. =/

dark-archangel

Vell

I think that Faberell's Arm-Blade thingies, could be shown on his CS

Blizzard

Some are from phanxgames.com (which is down right now, there was no credit when I downloaded them) and I just googled for the others.

legacyblade

The sprites look good Blizzard. I didn't know you could sprite

BTW, I've seen Rivy's head before, what sprite was the original from? (I've also seen him with non-covered eyes)

Nortos

if Blizz didn't script he would be on level with dollmage and others is my guess :P

legacyblade

Yeah, he seems to have talent at whatever he works on.

Sin86

Blizz, I got a question.

Are any of us allowed to use those sprites in our games and name the characters what we want to?

GAX

February 15, 2008, 01:17:25 pm #39 Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 01:21:48 pm by GuardianAngelX72
Aiden's battler is actually a character I've seen in Namco x Capcom, and I'm pretty sure she's from a game I have lying around somewhere.  I'll do some research and find out who she is, just so proper credit can be given.  ;D

EDIT:

LOL OMG, I found it. her name is Xiaomu, an original character made for Namco x Capcom.  She's actually a Kitsune, and she's over 700 years old.  The staff weapon is a cane-sword made in the shape of an ice-elemental staff.  Her partner character's name is Reiji, and I found you a picture.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Thanks GAX. :)

@legacyblade: The original battle looks a bit different and the colors are different as well. It's a more redish with yellow if I remember right.

@Sin86: Sure, that's why I posted them. :)

Vell

holy crap i never wouldve expected that O.o

Valcos

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Chaze007

Damn man those are awesome, soem a bit colorless (not much) L. is the bomb XD
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blizzard

Quote from: Valcos on February 19, 2008, 07:36:02 pm
:o What cant you do Blizz!?!? :P

Now I would say iceskating, but I learned the basics a couple of weeks ago. :=
I can't sing, though.

Valcos

Lmao :D. I wouldnt have guessed you werent able to sing :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Whenever I sing I have the feeling that I'm missing notes, even though I am actually not. I am a little bit off, though. Or how would my friends say: "You're a great singer, but it's a pain to listen to you."

Valcos

Lmao :D I get that from my friends when I attempt to sing in rock band :'(.. and they dont even say that Im a good singer! :P
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

lol it's alright Valcos.. Although I havn't heard you sing personally I'm sure your a pretty good singer  :P

Oh and AMAZING sprites blizz! *Bows to Blizz the almighty god of spriting*

Caro Ru Lushe

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on February 20, 2008, 05:38:32 pm
lol it's alright Valcos.. Although I havn't heard you sing personally I'm sure your a pretty good singer  :P

Oh and AMAZING sprites blizz! *Bows to Blizz the almighty god of scripting*

Fix'd

=X

Fallen Angel X

lol I said spriting on purpose  :P And like Valcos said:
Quote from: Valcos on February 19, 2008, 07:36:02 pm
:o What cant you do Blizz!?!? :P

Except for sing  ;D

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Blizzard

Calintz

June 23, 2008, 08:26:48 am #53 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:27:20 am by Calintz16438
Are you gonna change Lilith's sprite??
She doesn't match the rest of the battler's and that just annoys me for some odd reason, Lol...

BTW:
Lucius is looking good :)

Blizzard

June 23, 2008, 10:46:34 am #54 Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:49:04 am by Blizzard
I'll completely revamp Lilith later. She might not even be a demon girl as I want a completely different battler. But I won't work on the original Lilith anymore.
I'll most probably edit Siegfried as well, though.

Calintz

ConflictX3

oh wow!, blizzard YOU made that farebell charset? he's a key character in my game and when i got this char from this very thread i payed no attention the poster (bad for doing credits later on, guess i learned my lesson)

he's a very key character in my game, damn it looks like 70% of your creations are breathin life into my project, i'mma have to credit you in 48-size font for this ^_^

Blizzard

Lol, thanks. ^_^ Yeah, I did a couple of sprites for my game myself. I'm also making the main villain's spriteset myself. I just haven't found the time yet.

Mightylink

love Siegfried, a cool frost knight kinda deal, my favorite

Satoh

Ah yes, I think I see some Lufia in there a lil... but then again the Sinistrals were absolute awesomeness...

The sprites themselves are pretty epic for someone who can script as well as you do... most people are generally not multi-talented.

As they say at Psychodogs, toss vodka.(it's a compliment of semi-obscured origins...)

You have inspired the spriter in me...

Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Zinx10

using if you don't mind, and I will give credit!

fugibo

I'm using Lucius as my sprite for testing out RGame :P

Holyrapid

Sorry to be necroposting like this and all, but i must say that most of those sprites are frigging acesome (i wish i could even half as good as you, so i wouldn´t need to be always asking for graphics...)
And, i wanted to ask, if you only edited those battlers, where did you get them in the first place, because the ROCK! The´re the best ever. Please tell me... (so that maybe i could get something also... prehaps i dunno...)

Blizzard

Thanks, I'm trying.
I've got most of the battlers from Phanxgames, but it seems that the site is kinda down. At least it was down the last time I checked.

Holyrapid

I think phanxgames (or at least some RM site) became HBgames...

Blizzard

GAX

I've got zips full of battlers from various artists in the japanese RMXP community, I'll be glad to send them to you blizz.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Lol, I don't need any. CP has 99.9% of all the resources it needs already.

Holyrapid

I can take them. Just send a zip or a rar file to my emali: hullupaska[at]gmail,co (or propably any packaging form is ok, since i use IZarc, but i´d prefer zip or rar, since i know i can open those)

Calviin

I love Rivy, "it" looks soo cool. =D

AliveDrive

Quote from: UltaFlame on February 01, 2008, 06:17:04 am
I think that Faberell's Arm-Blade thingies, could be shown on his CS

That would be a neat addition.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

G_G

Quote from: Calviin on May 21, 2010, 04:39:40 pm
I love Rivy, "it" looks soo cool. =D

Again don't necropost. Look when the last post was made. It was well over 90 days ago.

AliveDrive

i guess I'm guilty as well of that.
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Blizzard

A miracle has happened! I have updated the first post and I have added Nemesis. :P

MarkHest

Blizzard, do you have the old sprites as well? You know the ones that aren't edited that much :]

Blizzard

You mean the battlers or the map characters? I mean, I made the characters so I assume you mean the battlers. :P No, I don't have those anymore.

MarkHest

No, i meant the sprites. I read the first posts that said you should edit some of the sprites, so i became curious to how they looked before they became perfect :3  You know... and old sprite of, for example: Faberel, that does not look like it does now, but instead how it looked before you made the finnishing touches.

I was mainly just curious to see your progress with spriting a little bit :P

Blizzard

Actually most of these were done in one move. I only updated Lucius' sprite and improved it afterwards.

MarkHest

December 16, 2011, 11:49:39 am #78 Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:50:43 am by MarkHest
Ah, okay. Do you have any old sprites that are not for CP then that i can see? :D It doesn't have to be RPG Maker style :>

Blizzard

Rasra

Thank you !!!
realy usefull for ABS users :)