Digimon Chronicles Vol. One: Infection Fan game

Started by Chronfan9, September 01, 2008, 12:21:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronfan9

September 01, 2008, 12:21:23 pm Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:47:48 pm by Starrodkirby86

Intro:
I have started this topic to launch the beginning of the chronicles team fan game entitled "Digimon Chronicles Vol. One: Infection." I have always wanted to make a "Digimon game" that reflected my favorite genre of video games, the oldschool, SNES styled, enticing storyline RPGs, so with this project that will be the result. RPG Maker 2003, though outdated, is the best engine to allow this concept to become a reality.

I have done tons of planning, brainstorming and especially "ripping" graphics in order to have a full database of materials that will blend together and look like an "official" game (I plan to use very little, if any, RTP graphics in this project. Graphics have been ripped directly from the NDS games and PSX games).

"Digimon Chronicles Vol. One Infection" is going to be like no other Digimon game created by Bandai. This game is going to convey personalities, storyline and events through the actual monsters, no humans to tame them. Unlike a Pokemon clone, or virtual pet raising game, this project is aiming toward the goal of high quality, enticing story and feel of an oldschool SNES RPG.

Specifications:

Platform: RPG Maker 2003
Type: RPG
Players: One

Progress:

Storyline - [50%]
Resources - [ 50%] (Need organizing!)
Maps - [10%] (Help Wanted!!)
Features - [ 10%] (Help also...)

Background:
After a groundbreaking revolution in the digital world, peace, harmony and a new way of life was created for all who inhabited. Digital monsters of all types lived together in a orderly, evolutionary world training and living normal lives without the need for humans. The digital world is comparable to a network server, where everything is calculated using computer terms. Here a civilization was created under the ruling of the three justices, representing the three types of digimon. (Seraphimon for Vaccine, Rosemon for Data, and Lucemon for Virus)
Fighting between light (Vaccine/Data) and dark (Virus) was a occurence of the past. The legendary skill of "digivolution" soon faded away and digivolution to the next level became a natural process of growth and evolution as time passed and maturity was reached.
The Journey Begins...
As a golden age in the digital world was occuring, it seemed nothing could go wrong. Digimon were all raised from a young age to be loyal, strongwilled and civilized under the guidance of Digiwisdoms. After growth and maturity they set out to make a living as humans did. Though as with any story, of course, a fatal incident occurred. A virus secretly began to feed on the server, infecting the digital world. Unknowingly, Akira, a Koromon, a true warrior was on the brink of frustration as he had been through the proper training, yet showed no signs of evolution. Under the guidance of a Digiwisdom who was constantly mocked by his peers for being crazy, old and full of nonsense, Jijimon continued to tell Akira the time would come. Sure enough as signs of the virus began plaguing Akira's home, a special power was released.
The adventure takes place as Akira sets off to find answers about the virus infecting his world, and to stop it. Traveling throughout the entire digital world, encountering infected digimon and friends along the way, it will be one very large journey.
To be continued...

More to come!

Digivolution system!

Evolution takes place mimicking a class change system, which will be triggered by an event or level requirement. Stage II - III is where the route decision takes place
Highest level digimon will not be obtainable, but instead will be a "final move" for the characters. Some characters routes may be different and hidden digivolutions will of course exist.

*Please note any part of any screenshot with a red boxed "X" will be improved for the release.*

Displaying the charas in respect with the chipsets
Menu System: ShowHide

Menu system *Vocab used subject to change*
Message System Test
Debug Battle: ShowHide
Debug battle with no border backdrop

Download: None Yet...

Please criticize and post opinions. Thanks

For more info check out the blog, www.digichronproject.blogspot.com , All are welcome to join. Please leave comments and become a part of this project. All news and info will be posted in this topic. Thanks!

Larger images should go in spoilers, like those sexy screenshots. ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Vell

tho im not a big fan of digimon(always seemed like a pokemon/megaman rip off to me) this game seems interesting, GO FOR IT!

also, glad you got rod of the people thing, that bugged me a lot.

Diokatsu

Tetsuo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Epic Akira reference by myself  8)

Anyways, this game looks sweet. Digimons were cool. I had this awesome little device that you shook and gained lvls and stuff...Epic...The name sounds like it's a .hack Game though. Digi haxxors

DomiKing

this is like pokemon mystery dungeon but with digimon
I LOVE IT!

Blizzard

Please don't post in 7 year old topics that are clearly dead.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.