The new skin

Started by Blizzard, September 10, 2008, 05:00:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Diokatsu

winkio

September 15, 2008, 11:49:32 pm #21 Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:58:32 pm by winkio
I'd go with number 2, but separate the C and P by a few more pixels, because I agree that I looks like haos project.

Perhaps something like this:

Blizzard

September 16, 2008, 07:44:03 am #22 Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:46:22 am by Blizzard
I know, but making it separate like that looks inconsistent. If I made the letters smaller, it might look better. I will experiment more and try a couple of alternative logos.

@SRK: It's not even close to done, but here. Are you happy? :P

Of course, viewing this theme in Internet Explorer completely messes up the design. -_- It is even too dumb to interpret the colors of png images right.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

Cool :haha:! I like how its coming along. AND THERE IS A MOD FORUM!!!!!  :o.... no fair  :(
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

legacyblade

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on September 16, 2008, 07:44:03 am
@SRK: It's not even close to done, but here. Are you happy? :P
Spoiler: ShowHide
Hey! It says only "global moderators and administrators" can view this! But I'm one of those two (The former) yet I can't see this...I'm jokingly offended.

Those icons are insanely large, but thank you for the screenshot of the upper body. It's looking very nice, and I especially like it better than Rhett, great job Blizzard.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I usually make icons larger than they will be in the end, because of the image degeneration upon sizing down to smaller resolutions. That way I can create several images at high quality in different resolutions from the actually same image. Here's a little update on the skin. >:3

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

To be honest... the whole circular thing going on is a bit odd. :huh:? Its kinda reminds me of a candy pop :haha:. But everything else is sick!  8)

so.... this mods forum? Potential joke on us or something!!!! :o
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on September 17, 2008, 08:13:58 pm
so.... this mods forum? Potential joke on us or something!!!! :o
Um...*cough* *Goes in a voice that sounds ghostly and mystical*

This mod forum...IT IS A JOKE! THAT'S WHY IT STATES THE JOKE WITHIN...It's more fake than Chuck Norris' muscles!!!

I never noticed this, but the new theme makes CP very sleek and smooth, resulting in a sexy look.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Blizzard

Valcos, those "crystal balls" are only place holders. :D

Shadonking

thumbs up.

i like the look but the logo looks a bit plain to me (but hell what do i know :^_^':)

great work, cant wait to see it finished.

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Valcos

Lol... oh so the balls are going to look better after eh? :haha: And you putting the chat on the forum page!!  :o!
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Valcos on September 18, 2008, 07:40:56 pm
:haha: And you putting the chat on the forum page!!  :o!
That makes life easier, especially since there's no real navigation to chat.chaos-project.com except through a single thread AQUA made.

I just noticed those rubies...Those don't seem very fitting to the theme, yet it does in the sense of a color palette.

Blizzard

Quote from: Valcos on September 18, 2008, 07:40:56 pm
Lol... oh so the balls are going to look better after eh? :haha: And you putting the chat on the forum page!!  :o!

I'm not going to use those balls at all.

Quote from: Shadonking on September 18, 2008, 05:15:21 pm
i like the look but the logo looks a bit plain to me (but hell what do i know :^_^':)

It's just the logo, not the entire banner. :P I just can't think of a better one so there is a chance that I will not really use a logo especially since I have a cool idea for a banner without the use of a logo yet containing the phrase "Chaos Project".

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on September 18, 2008, 07:45:29 pm
I just noticed those rubies...Those don't seem very fitting to the theme, yet it does in the sense of a color palette.

I know. I'm still not sure if I will really use them. I was going to try to use some hexagon pattern on the sides and then I got the idea to put in rubies (RGSS Ruby = Scripting xD).

computerwizoo7

i love the new style! its very good! the images are very clear and clean.
do you do all that yourself?

legacyblade

The ruby idea is brilliant  :ninja: and they fit the theme quite well. I think you should leave them.

Starrodkirby86

The rubies are pretty clever to insert because of its relation to Ruby RGSS, but my gist is where that CP should be technologically bent (As shown in this image:

)

Rubies are not fitting of a technology based theme...That's science fiction like. Of course, if Blizzard is inserting multiple themes then you can leave rubies or something, who knows. It's all personal opinion and classification, so yeah.

FYI Blizzard, the link the image leads to on that homepage is STILL http://chaos-project.com/forum.chaos-project.com . Mind if you correct it?

Blizzard

September 22, 2008, 08:44:31 am #37 Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:31:56 am by Blizzard
(._.') *goes off and corrects*

I think I will leave the rubies. But I might add some technology around it. i.e. a machine powered by ruby-amplified light. It would still be technological, yet with a mystical touch. I've done quite some work on it during the weekend (between the times I was totally drunk). I'll post a new screenshot in a couple of minutes. :) When I finish the banner, I will take the forum down and update everything since I had to change some of the non-skin files. Sadly this will render to forum most probably incompatible with other generic skins. But oh well, beauty has its price. At least all the edits I have done are contributing positively to the new layout like the integrated shoutbox. :)

BTW, there will be only 2 themes:
- ChaosX5
- ChaosDark5

EDIT: Ignore the menu, it's not done yet. And the banner is a placeholder.

Shadonking

looking good.

i like the idea of a machine powered by the amplified ruby light effect. (i think that made sense lol)

when this is done its goin to look way better then the other forums iv been on.

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Starrodkirby86

That's a good compromise, Sir Boris.

How long would this downage be? Hopefully you'll take it down during the most inactive part of the day; the dawn-morning time, around 1-4 am for the US, which who knows what it is in Croatia...Usually I don't see so many users on, especially around Midnight there too. I hope it's quick and painless as well, nothing gets lost in the mix...