And one more time!

Started by Blizzard, October 17, 2008, 10:03:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

I am moving the site today probably. I can't and I won't take this host's bullshit anymore. >:( I already rented space at another server. Now I am downloading the site's contents. When the new account is actived and while I upload the files there, I will make a backup of the database here and get everything ready for the transfer. That means that the site will be down for max 24 hours until the DNS records are updated.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

DeathLock

A new host, well took you long enough. :P

Blizzard

October 17, 2008, 11:49:51 am #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:53:37 am by Blizzard
Geez, I'm usually broke, remember? xD Seriously, this is a big step for me. I want to become independant, but it's a bit hard with all the time-consuming stuff in my life. Hm... If I just didn't have to waste 8 hours on sleeping each day... <_<;

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

Drink more coffee?  :^_^': And whens it going to go down? :O.o:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Aqua

We already switched... :P

It's been up for ~6 hours.

Mightylink

I know what its like blizz, im pressured into all sorts of other things, no time to work with websites and rpg maker. I been wanting to make a site for my game for a year now and still never started it.

Blizzard

At least it seems to have went through rather easily without incidents. Well, except that post data corruption that forced me to export the database (heck, I should have backed it up right there the day before) and import at the new host again.

Mightylink

when I did mine I forgot to save the sql file in unicode >.< it worked but all the posts with cammas and other wierd symboles turned to wierd text, like "that%)@s my post in the forums."

Blizzard

Lol! I didn't have to think about that because I used Notepad++ which did it automatically, but it seemed that something went wrong with the file after all. i.e. The SQL commands in the file were alright, but the import simply didn't work out right.

Starrodkirby86

Oh, so that is why the host isn't blocking me. I feel so relieved. I don't need to go on a Proxy anymore.

I wish I can donate some spare change to you but I don't have a Paypal and chances are I can't get one. Why donate? Because I just feel nice and all. :/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

I wish my PayPal account could accept donations. ._.

Galatea