Author Topic: Mapping Improvement Thread  (Read 59093 times)

Offline Vexus

• Ethereal Devastator
  • LV: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Mapping Improvement Thread
« Reply #420 on: July 21, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
Here's a fast example:

(click to show/hide)

Notice how the water is below the level of the higher part of the cliff instead of being all in the same level that's what I meant. (Obviously the bottom part needs to be either replaced by one with water or placed one by one as event with around 200 opacity to mimic the underwater effect)

As for the other question on your 3rd screenshot your using a city terrain as passage in the plains or forest whatever it is and it doesn't match visually so I suggested you to try using a rounded "dirt" terrain that fits a lot more on grass than what your using currently.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:56:10 PM by Vexus »
Current Project/s:

Offline MarkHest

• Video Game Music Composer
  • Astral Trancist
  • LV: 16
  • Smile, Laugh, Live
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Site
« Reply #421 on: July 21, 2012, 02:07:45 PM »
It's not a normal plain. It's a place where light being live, a sort of paradise if you will. It's supose to be a mix between a city and plain.
It's not a nature area where you simple walk past. Think of it as a very big park of a city, hehe.

As for the thing with the screenshot you made. You're forgetting i am using waterfalls. If i am using a waterfall to change the level of the terrain the upper or lower part should have the same level as the water level, same because that changes with the waterfall, since there is a cliff inside the waterfall too, right? :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:09:27 PM by MarkHest »

epochDEV

« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
I've apparently got a weakness for trying to put in natural looking "cracks" into cave systems.

Not going for this image specifically, but what do you guys think of using cracks in the cave walls as a Style in General?

Looks solid, add some dynamic shading and it'd be a beauty.

Offline Heretic86

• Astral Trancist
  • LV: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 10, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »
I've apparently got a weakness for trying to put in natural looking "cracks" into cave systems.

Not going for this image specifically, but what do you guys think of using cracks in the cave walls as a Style in General?

Looks solid, add some dynamic shading and it'd be a beauty.

It does have lighting effects.  It was an example of a mapping style where cracks are put into cave walls instead of just being flat, but those would have been not visible with the lighting effects left in, so the lighting effects were pulled out.  In game, with some lighting effects, it does look much much better, as you said.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)