Bloodlust soildier

Started by legacyblade, November 04, 2008, 09:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Hey everyone. I'm making some evil spirit for my game, and his cult revolves around blood (hence the name) Anyways, here's what I got so far, what you guys think?

Juan

Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

Satoh

Do I see 'Add Noise' in there?

Looks good.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

legacyblade

Nope, it was all done by hand. I combined my metal shading and my blood shading with my particle shading methods. Glad it turned out good!

Fantasist

November 05, 2008, 04:28:39 am #4 Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:30:03 am by Fantasist
Even for a bloodlust soldier I think it's too saturated, but that's just me. Great job LB :thumbsup:

EDIT: I almost accidentally powered you down instead of powering you up o.o
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Caro Ru Lushe

Looks like it's made of Red Flames  :^_^':

But awesome none the less <3

I imagine that the Animated version would be floating around with it's entire body-blood like parts moving, or at least such effect. Thou I think you could have used a more 'Darker' Red for the outlines to make it look like it was completely made of well, blood, but that's my opinion :x

DeathLock

Better than your blood sword, this has a figure. :P

Satoh

Quote from: Caro Ru Lushe on November 05, 2008, 07:44:10 amThou I think you could have used a more 'Darker' Red for the outlines to make it look like it was completely made of well, blood, but that's my opinion :x

Yeah, blood is typically a much darker color than people realize/try to use.

Take a look at a blood bag some time, they're almost black, and there isn't really that much blood in them...

I'm not saying it looks bad by any means though.

My suggestion:
Multiply the whole sprite set when it's done, and increase the contrast. (This assumes you have photoshop at your disposal.)
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

legacyblade

@Fantasist, ok, I'll try darkening the blood a bit. I borrowed my blood pallet from another sprite, and didn't think about making it darker. and lol, I'm glad you didn't power me down.

@Caro, Yah, everyone seems to think it doesn't look much like blood. I need to darken it up a bit, like everyone seems to be suggesting. And yes, he's going to float, and the blood will be animated. It's going to look cool, when I'm finished.

@Deathlock, the sword had a figure, it was just more bloody, XD But thanks, glad you like it.

@Satoh, true. I think I need to just use the outline color a tad more. Most of the blood is shaded with the highlight. Combining shading methods is difficult, XD I'll try the saturation method. I have PS, but I prefer changing contrast manually, since it makes me understand how pixels work.

DeathLock

@LB: You can never make an excuse for sprites. :P