[XP] Custom Blizz-ABS HUD

Started by winkio, November 23, 2008, 02:38:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

March 31, 2009, 08:50:57 pm #40 Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 09:03:37 pm by Landith
Okay yeah it does happen to me... Hold on I'll look into it

Okay, I got it to were it shows the SP cost of it but I can't figure out how to make it show the remaining skill usage...

Winkio, made this script work with DIRECT_HOTKEYS option on only... You can still use it with DIRECT_HOTKEYS off but it won't show the selected hotkeys. But once you add it, things change and it doesn't work >.<

RoseSkye

:o sokay Landith I'll event around it. Thanks for caring enough to try to help me though.

Some say your heart grew three sizes today.

winkio

I'm back for a little, so time to whip this back into shape.  Post any suggestions or comments.

need to:

update to be compatible with Bilzz-ABS 2.55
Add support for when there isn't direct hotkeys
optimize
make slightly more customizeable

RoseSkye

Quote from: winkio on June 30, 2009, 06:54:31 pm
I'm back for a little, so time to whip this back into shape.  Post any suggestions or comments.

need to:

update to be compatible with Bilzz-ABS 2.55
Add support for when there isn't direct hotkeys
optimize
make slightly more customizeable

Suggestions? Muhahahha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA!?!

*cough*

Sorry, old habits die hard. Yeah, I got a few.

Picture support in the Hud (Drawn Pictures of the character.)

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

I see how that could be cool, but that would mess up the placements of the bars and everything else, and its really unnecessary, so I'm saying no. 

Blizzard

You could change the organization of the HUD a bit. If you remove the name and use the faceset instead and move a few thing it might just turn out fine. It's just a suggestion, though.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

What size are these facesets? (I don't think I have any...)

Blizzard

I suggest 64x64 or 48x48. Small and still detailed enough.

legacyblade

that would indeed be awesome. You could also allow for different facesets depending on the amount of health remaining, that is a commonly requested feature for the XAS hud.

winkio

July 02, 2009, 01:41:57 pm #50 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:36:22 pm by winkio
48x48 should be nice, because i wont have to move anything, just change spacing.

EDIT:  Wow, that was laughably easy.  I should stop being so lazy :^_^':

EDIT2:  Put the new version up.  I better not have to modify this again anytime soon...  Enjoy facesets, non-direct hotkeys support, and centered displays. :)

RoseSkye

G_G

anyway we can replace face set with the character graphic? Sorry to be a bother :(

RoseSkye

Quote from: game_guy on July 02, 2009, 07:58:45 pm
anyway we can replace face set with the character graphic? Sorry to be a bother :(

(Yeah upload a frame from the charset and use it in place of the character picture)

winkio

You can put anything you want instead of a faceset.  Just a 48x48 png file.

legacyblade

Could you make this hud's HP bar change color based on the remaining HP like the default one? It makes it much easier to know when to heal when you see that the bar turns red or yellow.

winkio

July 02, 2009, 09:33:26 pm #56 Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 10:24:21 pm by winkio
ill add it as another option.  Wait a little.

Okay, you can toggle it as an option in 1.21

legacyblade

sweet, love the option, but it causes a problem when activated (the color changing)

that doesn't look yummy.

Aside from the bug report, I have a few feature suggestions.

1. Move the actor display down a bit. It looks sorta jammed against the top of the screen, particularly with the faceset enabled. Not too far, just 5-10 pixels should be good, I think.

2. Add in the option to display a picture behind each actor's display. This would add a good customization factor. Maybe allow pictures other places too. I say make it an option though, as some would want the less obtrusive hud design.

3. make map name optional. I have long map names to make it easier to manage the maps in my project

those are just my suggestions. love the hud.

RoseSkye

1. Its pretty obvious that the first bar is bigger than the second.
2. That isn't very smart. The bars aren't translucent.
3. I agree.

winkio

Yeah, my bad.  Somehow, that bar glitch didn't happen when I tested...

Anyways, built everything in as an option.  Updating now