[XP] Ryex's Collapsing CMS (V2.50 is out!)

Started by Ryex, December 23, 2008, 12:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

December 23, 2008, 12:35:44 am Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:54:48 pm by winkio
Ryex's Collapsing CMS
Authors: Ryex
Version: 2.51
Type: CMS
Key Term: Custom Menu System

Introduction

As many on you know I have been working on a fully animated CMS that takes advantage of the collapsed CMS's layout. this is the result. a visually appealing and space efficient Custom Menu System.

Features

• Gradient Bars for Health, SP, and EXP that lag less through entire menu
  • Fully Animated
  • Map as background  
  • Every menu is designed to fit in a smaller area so as to show the map and provide a more flowing feel
  • Icons in command menu
  • Small only visible when you need it actor select menu
  • Options menu with BGM/SFX volume change and Plug-In capability

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

MiedaFire

Script

Instructions

in script

Compatibility

This is a one scene CMS so it only modifies Scene_Menu. In other words it should be compatible with anything but other CMS's

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • WcW (Plug-In capability)

Author's Notes

UPDATE: The script has reached V2 it now contains a better animation method among other things! like a easier to use configuration for the icons in the menu.
UPDATE2: Option menu now exists!

Enjoy!

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ryex

January 04, 2009, 12:36:25 am #1 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:07:33 am by Ryexander
I got the Equip Menu finished!!!! :haha:

heres what it looks like!

Funny Scripting Story:

While I was building this I was greatly concerned because every time I opened the equip menu the frame rate dropped from 38-40 FPS to 6-10 fps! I found out that I was refreshing two windows every frame! so I fixed that problem and life goes on!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Starrodkirby86

Heh, congratulations...

I can't wait to see what quality work will come out of this. :) Keep up the good work, Ryexander. I'll make sure this script gets in the RMXP Database once it's done (And sexy too, not just bug-filled torture D:).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Kagutsuchi

Nice, could you make the equip menu an addon that you can use? I would like to use it instead of the equip screen in the stormtronics CMS.
(Don't get me wrong blizz, it is awesome, but I'd rather have the text than icons)

Ryex

um I could but the menu as it is right now is inbuilt into my scene menu class instead of a standalone menu. it is also built off the animation system so unless I rebuilt I couldn't release it as stand alone. note that in the final version there will be an option for icons or text. to the effects of weapons or armor.

G_G

This is actually really nice Rye. I hope you keep up the good work.

Shadonking

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Ryex

Ok I'm Nearing the finish and I know that I am going to put and option menu that changes the font, volume of SF's, and BMG and such. maybe more as time goes on. I know that to option would be controlled by Global Variables variables in my module, but how do I make sure that these Global Variables get saved with the save game file and lorded again when the file is opened.

Landith

I can't wait, I tried it out and it is really good!
Maybe even better than Stormtronics CMS, but I never said that

Ryex

lol the animation wont be as good as Bliz's ST, mostly I didn't create a deceleration effect and I think it lags a lot more,... I think.... but that is what I was aiming for thanks for the comment

CAn any one answer my question?

shdwlink1993

Check out Scene_Save and Scene_Load. They have write_save_data and read_save_data, respectively. You'll want to alias your variables to the end of both definitions. Hope that was a good explanation. If not, I'll try and explain it better.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Ryex

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on January 30, 2009, 11:26:33 pm
Check out Scene_Save and Scene_Load. They have write_save_data and read_save_data, respectively. You'll want to alias your variables to the end of both definitions. Hope that was a good explanation. If not, I'll try and explain it better.

*Slaps head* should of seen that...

Calintz

Blizzard

It might be better to put them into Game_System though. o.o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

hay blizz could you provide an example of the above? I couldn't figure it out...

shdwlink1993

Example of the above:

class Game_System

attr_accessor :variable_thingy

alias initalias initialize
  def initialize
    initalias
    @variable_thingy = 'something'
  end

end

And then you'd use the above variable like this:

if $game_system.variable_thingy == 'something'

$game_system.variable_thingy = 5

Hope this helps!
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Calintz

Just a suggestion, but you should either combine the Gold and Item windows into one, or drop the Gold window down and place it directly right of the item window. Just to see what it looks like.

Ryex

March 05, 2009, 10:58:39 pm #18 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:01:37 pm by Ryexander
I'm planing on doing the latter. placing the gold window in the middle of the bottom edge of the screen. it's on the side right now because this is only a demo  where I uses the code from my old menu.

oh and thanks Shdw

Calintz