Horse Betting and Racing

Started by Hellfire Dragon, February 10, 2009, 02:08:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

February 10, 2009, 02:08:11 pm Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:19:14 am by Hellfire Dragon
Horse Racing
Version: 1.1
Type: Mini-Game

Introduction

I saw Nightfox's script request for this so I evented it :)

Features

• Pick your horse
  • Place bets
  • Track where you can see the horses racing
    May be added in later versions:
  • Being able to bet on more than 1 horse

Screenshots

Screenies!: ShowHide

Horse Betting Addict - Aluxes at the races :D

YAY for weird colored horses!

Demo

Download - Sendspace
Download V1.1 - Sendspace

Instructions

Maybe later

Credits and Thanks

• Hellfire Dragon for everything :evil:
  • Nightfox for making the request and everyone who posted in his topic saying it would be better evented :^_^':

Author's Notes

Report any bugs in this thread please 8)

Calintz

Looks good...
I will download this later tonight and test her out for you.

I will see if I can help at all with making it better, unless it's already GREAT!! XD

G_G

Quite a few bugs already hellfire. Here's what I found wrong and

• Two horses won at the same time. 6 and 7.
  • You can bet 0 gold on horse 0
  • Horse 6 and 7 has been winning every single time unless thats just luck

Might want to try to fix it. Also there is quite a few ways that this can be pretty cutomizable to not have the default show number command for the horse picker. Maybe try to customize it a bit more.

Calintz

Good finds Game_Guy...
As I had said earlier...I will also test this system sometime tonight...

Xero Shifter

An interesting feature would be the ability to bet on multiple horses and bet ratios.
You could have the horses in a stable first, then have an event on each horse that informs you of the horse's betting ratio ( example is 1:2, you bet 50 and you would get 100 if the horse wins.) The ratio's could be based upon the chance that the horse will win (the lower pay out the higher chance the horse wins.

As far as multiple horses bet on at once, there wouldn't be much advantage too it, but you could make an event to start the race after you are done betting.
Just an idea, it would make it more complicated, but I'm sure it could be done. Just an idea, not a request ^_^.
Join the Starcraft Territories team now!

Hellfire Dragon

February 11, 2009, 11:12:43 am #5 Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:37:38 am by Hellfire Dragon
QuoteTwo horses won at the same time. 6 and 7.

I was aware of that already, just thinking of a way to fix it.
QuoteYou can bet 0 gold on horse 0

That should be an easy fix, most've overlooked it >.<
QuoteHorse 6 and 7 has been winning every single time unless thats just luck

Nope, different horses won for me, different most of the time.

I'll see what I can do :)

EDIT: I have the betting 0 on horse 0 bug fixed and some I found myslef like being able to bet more than you have :) Didn;t upload it yet though. Working on the 2 horses winning thing now ;)

G_G

Its easy turn on a switch that turns on a second page of the parallel then have another autorun event thats activated only by the switch that was turned on. Then do the what horse won thing and that

Nightfox

Thank you, is this version Aktuele ?

I like it :)

Hellfire Dragon

February 14, 2009, 10:26:08 am #8 Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:15:45 am by Hellfire Dragon
Is it what? I'll update later today or tomorrow btw ;)

EDIT: I forgot I made a made a 1.1 version of this... :<_<: It's up, as far as I know everything is fixed in except the 2 horse winning thing, I'll fix that today :)

Shining Riku

Seriously, I was surprised to see this. He he...

I Definitely look forward to using this in my Crystal Chronicles game!
Keep up the good work!

Chaze007

Questions time!

Do they need to be horses?
Are the winners chosen at random?
Can you set your own winning horse?
Do you love me?
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: Chaze007 on April 21, 2009, 07:32:44 pm
Questions time!

Do they need to be horses?
Are the winners chosen at random?
Can you set your own winning horse?
Do you love me?

Okay, answer time!
No, just change the graphic of the events
Pretty much, I might add a ratio type thing
Yes, if you're using the visual part, where you can see them horses racing ona track then just make the others slower than the one you want to win
And finally, yes, why not ^^

jcsnider

This is really cool, the only thing is... I CANT LOSE! I tried 3 times and got up to 10000 I lost once but the rest i won... I think it is a little easy

Reno-s--Joker

=D This looks awesome, I love betting... >=)
I'll check it out ASAP and edit this useless post here with feedback. ^_^;

Hellfire Dragon

Quote from: jcsnider on April 23, 2009, 07:39:58 am
This is really cool, the only thing is... I CANT LOSE! I tried 3 times and got up to 10000 I lost once but the rest i won... I think it is a little easy

Not myfault, it's all random really, maybe you're just lucky ^^ I win and lose multiple times xD

jcsnider

I know.... I wish I was this good at auctual horse racing...

Anyways, great job...

Just an idea though, make the track bigger like make it a full rectangle or something and as they round a cornor or something have it randomly change speed to make it more fair maybe.... Just an idea

Shining Riku

I think I may have an idea of how to randomize the speed of the "insert whatever you want to race" more than once. Some sort of parallel event could, after an amount of frames designated by the game developer, change the speed of a horse.

They'd probably look drunk as heck or something though. Super speedy, slug, fast again, hey, look at me! I'm super fast, oh noez now i'm a slug again. :wacko:

Just an idea! You'd need lots of variables and in addition to that you'd have to prevent your train of thought from derailing 'cause then the event might not work.

If I come up with something, want me to send you an updated demo, maybe with a square track?
Lemme know what you think, Hellfire Dragon.

I THINK I can set up a square track...We'll see! :D

Reno-s--Joker

Okay, so I finally got around to playing it. :) LOL it's awesome~! :D

You probably already know that if you bet on one of the two horses who win, you win gold and lose it.
e.g. I bet on horse 1.
Horse 1 wins - I win 100G
Horse 6 also won though - I lose 100G.
:xD:

Anywho, I've yet to see a fairly complex event system like this free of bugs - so you've done a good job so far! *powers up*

G_G

I already have the basics in my head and know how to fix this. I'll probably do it if no one else can.